• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RSS News

rjbishop

Hi, I am looking for an RSS News contrib, that works. One that will display feeds on my site.

Does anyone know of a good one? Seriously, one that really works?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Edited by rjbishop

As far as I know, my RSS News one works although there are several others. Have you tried them? They are relatively easy to install and test.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

As far as I know, my RSS News one works although there are several others. Have you tried them? They are relatively easy to install and test.

Jack

Hi Jack. Thanks for the reply. However, I have installed your contrib, twice, and it does not operate properly.

The admin box is missing everything except "Enable RSS News", which does not shut it off when "false" is selected.

I changed the URL in the .sql file prior to inserting it into my database, yet the box on the site displays pictures overlapping text from somewhere not defined anywhere.

Sorry, this contrib is not functional.

Thanks anyway.

Hmm, it works for me. There is a problem with the database file which is coverred in the support thread (always a good idea to check there for any contribution). That is why the database options are not showing up and it is an easy fix. I can't speak to the other problem since I haven't seen it. However, as I mentioned, there are several other rss contributions. If they are all failing for you, then you are doing something wrong since I know they are in use.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, it works for me. There is a problem with the database file which is coverred in the support thread (always a good idea to check there for any contribution). That is why the database options are not showing up and it is an easy fix. I can't speak to the other problem since I haven't seen it. However, as I mentioned, there are several other rss contributions. If they are all failing for you, then you are doing something wrong since I know they are in use.

Jack

Jack, Can you point me to the most current forum on this. I am trying to get the rss news to show in the first level categories and cannot figure it out. I am sure it is covered. I found a old string but am not able to make a reply in it.....

Laser labels, barcode labels, custom labels