• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add a new language

Hello guys

I have a Oscommerce website for a year now. I bought it from Oscoders.biz

Then i didn't knew how to customize it and i made some errors (deleted the english laguage and customized the spanish to portuguese)

Now i have decided to place a new language on my website (spanish) but i don't have the files. Can I use the files of the language i have? What are the things I have to change to add this new language?

Many thanks for your contribution and time

Regards

Mateus

Download osCommerce from downloads at www.oscommerce.com and unzip the files/folders on your computer.

Provided you renamed the Spanish folder you used for the Portugese language and renamed the includes/languages/spanish.php file to portugese.php - then you only need the includes/languages/spanish.php file and the includes/languages/spanish folder from osCommerce - which you then install on your website.

Then you go to your admin panel, go to Languages, and 'Add New Language'.

Vger

Hello guys

I have a Oscommerce website for a year now. I bought it from Oscoders.biz

Then i didn't knew how to customize it and i made some errors (deleted the english laguage and customized the spanish to portuguese)

Now i have decided to place a new language on my website (spanish) but i don't have the files. Can I use the files of the language i have? What are the things I have to change to add this new language?

Many thanks for your contribution and time

Regards

Mateus

If you still have the original Spanish files you could up load them to your site.

If you don?t have it download another osCommerse and get it from there.

Once you have done this you add the new language. Go to your admin page go to localization languages and enter your new language.

Hello guys

Thank a lot for your contribution! :thumbsup:

Did what you told but some images are missing (left menu) and the top menu is gone! :-"

You can check it on www.softshooters.com/catalog

Portuguese is OK but Spanish is KO

It is just thing because everything else i can do it!

Many thanks!

Mateus

Archived