• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx buggy? Oscom sessions buggy?

meandrew

I have just encountered a strange, wierd and probably impossible happening. A customer having made their payment with protx was returned back to our site and was in someone elses account. The strange thing is, it was the last person who made an order (20 minutes previously) I am blaming Protx and want them to to explain, however they are saying it is not their system!

Any ideas or views?

It has only happened this once.

I have contacted Protx and they are claiming no responsibilty.

Whish Oscommerce development is not specific to any one payment gateway Protx is a popular one so I would appreciate any views please.

I cannot think for any reason that this is a Oscom code issue.

Protx appear to be putting their head in the sand and cannot anser the questions I have asked they only redirect the problem back to me / oscom!

I feel it is a problem with the Protx returning procedure, how can passing data back to our site go wrong for one transaction (whilst simultaneously Protx are processing another one) and the customer returned back to the previous customers account and it be the wrong information we sent to Protx? Is Oscommerce capable of doing this? Or is the Protx Form contrib capable of this?

Bearing in mind the correct transaction was processed! It was after the correct transaction that the problem occurred! One doesn't need a doctorate in logic to work out that it isn't the data being passed to Protx but the incorrect data being sent back or is this really a problem for both the Protx form contrib and oscom sessions?

Thanks for you for listening

Andrew

I think this is an OsCommerce problem. I remember reading somewhere before that this was common on OsCommerce and I think it related to cache or session settings. I would look back at that and see if there are any posts with this error. I believe it was a year ago I saw this some place.

Sorry I could not be any more help but I think this is why this happened.

I have just encountered a strange, wierd and probably impossible happening. A customer having made their payment with protx was returned back to our site and was in someone elses account. The strange thing is, it was the last person who made an order (20 minutes previously) I am blaming Protx and want them to to explain, however they are saying it is not their system!

Any ideas or views?

It has only happened this once.

I have contacted Protx and they are claiming no responsibilty.

Whish Oscommerce development is not specific to any one payment gateway Protx is a popular one so I would appreciate any views please.

I cannot think for any reason that this is a Oscom code issue.

Protx appear to be putting their head in the sand and cannot anser the questions I have asked they only redirect the problem back to me / oscom!

I feel it is a problem with the Protx returning procedure, how can passing data back to our site go wrong for one transaction (whilst simultaneously Protx are processing another one) and the customer returned back to the previous customers account and it be the wrong information we sent to Protx? Is Oscommerce capable of doing this? Or is the Protx Form contrib capable of this?

Bearing in mind the correct transaction was processed! It was after the correct transaction that the problem occurred! One doesn't need a doctorate in logic to work out that it isn't the data being passed to Protx but the incorrect data being sent back or is this really a problem for both the Protx form contrib and oscom sessions?

Thanks for you for listening

Andrew

I don't think it is a protx site / protx module issue but more a oscommerce session problems.

There are numerous threads - mostly regarding shopping cart items crossing over. These session problems can happen if you are on a shared server (as most are) and are using file based sessions. Check your includes/configure.php for the following settings:

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

if the 2nd line is empty then it will use file based session (which is bad on shared servers!).

Good luck troubleshooting!

Tom

It's not just a matter of storing sessions in files or in the database unfortunately. What happens with many sites is that they run for some time before setting to 'true' Prevent Spider Sessions in osC admin --> Configuration --> Sessions

What then happens is that Search Engines spider the site, create session ids and those session ids are included in the link on the search engine results page. The upshot is that people coming to the site from the same link will all have the same session id and can end up in each others carts or accounts.

Vger

Edited by Vger

I think this is an OsCommerce problem. I remember reading somewhere before that this was common on OsCommerce and I think it related to cache or session settings. I would look back at that and see if there are any posts with this error. I believe it was a year ago I saw this some place.

Sorry I could not be any more help but I think this is why this happened.

Are you sure you have read this correctly? I have been using Oscommerce for arounr 4 years and never have had a customer return to the site to find they are in some one elses account!

Do you work for Protx?

Andrew

I don't think anyone replying to this thread actually read what happened!

It is nothing to do with sessions being spidered.

a customer checked out, paid via protx and was returned form Protx to the previous customer's account who had checked out using protx! Not some randam session but the last perosn checking out suing protx!

Is this a oscom sessin problem or a mix up going through Protx? I think the latter, as the customer details going to Protx were correct!

Andrew

Are you sure you have read this correctly? I have been using Oscommerce for arounr 4 years and never have had a customer return to the site to find they are in some one elses account!

Do you work for Protx?

Andrew