• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installing an sql file. how do I do it?

sackling

Hello,

I think my topic is pretty self explanatory. I have a contrubution i need to install and along with the file edits necessary it says i need to install the provided sql file. how do i do that?

thanks,

Robert

Go to PHPMyAdmin, usually available via your server's control panel, select the database for your store, click the SQL tab, and upload the file.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Go to PHPMyAdmin, usually available via your server's control panel, select the database for your store, click the SQL tab, and upload the file.

Ok i think i found the right place to upload it. it says starfield technologies on the top left and shows all the sql queries in the database. i went to import however and selected the file to be uploaded and got this error:

Error

SQL query:

# This install provided by [email protected]

# any questions just email us and we will try to help

# Copyright October 23 2004

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_weight_type ENUM( 'lbs', 'kgs' ) NOT NULL default 'lbs' AFTER products_weight,

ADD products_dim_type ENUM( 'in', 'cm' ) NOT NULL default 'in' AFTER products_weight_type,

ADD products_length DECIMAL( 6, 2 ) DEFAULT '12' NOT NULL AFTER products_dim_type,

ADD products_width DECIMAL( 6, 2 ) DEFAULT '12' NOT NULL AFTER products_length,

ADD products_height DECIMAL( 6, 2 ) DEFAULT '12' NOT NULL AFTER products_width,

ADD products_ready_to_ship ENUM( '0', '1' ) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER products_height;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_weight_type'

is there something wrong with the file?

It sounds like the fields have already been added to your database.

Still within PHPMyAdmin, view the properties of the products table to see if the following fields are displayed:

products_weight_type

products_dim_type

products_length

products_width

products_height

products_ready_to_ship

If they all are listed then you are good to go.

If only 1 is listed then we need to make a change to the .sql file.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

It sounds like the fields have already been added to your database.

Still within PHPMyAdmin, view the properties of the products table to see if the following fields are displayed:

products_weight_type

products_dim_type

products_length

products_width

products_height

products_ready_to_ship

If they all are listed then you are good to go.

If only 1 is listed then we need to make a change to the .sql file.

they all seem to be listed. thanks for helping a newbie.

I'm glad to have been of help. Good luck with your store. :)

Archived