• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PAYPAL IPN works in the Sandbox but not live!!!!

craigie b

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get Paypal IPN working with oscommerce however I'm getting no where very slowly!

Basically I have installed the IPN module and when I make an order through the Sandbox it all registers with my database and it all works fine. Groovy.

However when I switch over to the live server I encounter a problem with paypal. The order registers with my database, as it should, however paypal cannot complete the order. When I click pay I get the following message...

"We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message -1"

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what would cause this to happen and it does not happen when I us the regular paypal module nor does it happen in sandbox. THe only thing I can think is that I have failed to create the proper OpenSSL location or temp directory, but realistically I'm just grasping at straws...if anyone can help that would be great!

I had weird errors in the sandbox and weird errors trying to buy from myself and absolutely no erros with real customers.

So I wouldn't worry to much yet. I would do another test first.

Do you have a 1 cent test item or something. I'd test it for you if you want.

B)-->

QUOTE(craigie b @ May 29 2006, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get Paypal IPN working with oscommerce however I'm getting no where very slowly!

Basically I have installed the IPN module and when I make an order through the Sandbox it all registers with my database and it all works fine. Groovy.

However when I switch over to the live server I encounter a problem with paypal. The order registers with my database, as it should, however paypal cannot complete the order. When I click pay I get the following message...

"We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message -1"

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what would cause this to happen and it does not happen when I us the regular paypal module nor does it happen in sandbox. THe only thing I can think is that I have failed to create the proper OpenSSL location or temp directory, but realistically I'm just grasping at straws...if anyone can help that would be great!

hiya mark,

yeah if you go to www.silvershoeforge.com and purchase a silver rose it will cost you a penny ;) just don;t expect a delivery! lol.

The thing is though that the payment doesn't go through anyway so I'm really dumb founded and my friend doesn;t want to use the regular paypal module becuase it 'loses' orders!

Ok, so it didn't work :-"

Check your settings I guess.

If you have IPN turned turned on at Paypal you can try turning it off. I never touched mine after I set it up. It's still set to off over there at Paypal. The module seems to take care of everything.

Check your currency abbreviation, I found one post that hinted at osc's abbreviation and paypal's abbreviation being different for Canadian dollars, so might as well check your GBP and make sure that's all straight.

If you have encrypted web payments enabled in the ipn module, try turning that off too.

As I recall I left the openssl entry just as it was when I downloaded the module. If you don't have ssl leave it like it was.

Let me know if any of that works.

B)-->

QUOTE(craigie b @ May 29 2006, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hiya mark,

yeah if you go to www.silvershoeforge.com and purchase a silver rose it will cost you a penny ;) just don;t expect a delivery! lol.

The thing is though that the payment doesn't go through anyway so I'm really dumb founded and my friend doesn;t want to use the regular paypal module becuase it 'loses' orders!

:'( Right, I checked the currency issue and both my site and paypal use gbp to represent the UK's money, so a no go there. I then reinstalled IPN and left all the settings to their default with the security stuff left as off. Guess what? Nothing :blink: :'( I'm gonna cry now :D

For your first question about the return url...I think that technically the return url is www.yourstore.com/checkout_process.php

But would you like to see my settings >_< ?

PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) allows you to integrate PayPal payments with your website back-end operations.

pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL:

I don't remember where I read that...but something told me to leave the settings at Paypal alone and try it first. Well, it worked ... Mine works, really!

I used Paypal IPN 1.1

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn

(craigie b @ May 29 2006, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> :'( Right, I checked the currency issue and both my site and paypal use gbp to represent the UK's money, so a no go there. I then reinstalled IPN and left all the settings to their default with the security stuff left as off. Guess what? Nothing :blink: :'( I'm gonna cry now :D
Edited by choosealogin

B)-->

QUOTE(craigie b @ May 30 2006, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hiya mark,

You could try http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn and seek support on its support thread.

Ok, an update.

I still can't get the IPN to work, however after you tired to purchase something I did get this email.

Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:28:17 +0000 [17:28:17 GMT Daylight Time]

To: [email protected]

Subject: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

Headers: Show All Headers

$_POST:

$_GET:

Does this shed any light on the issue? It has also occurred to me that the Live account isnot verified...could this affect the IPN?

Rightie O', An update for you's all...

It now works. The account I was using was not verified and this caused the error message to display. I verified the email address and it worked straight away! Doh!

Thanks for your help guys!

Ok, so it didn't work :-"

Check your settings I guess.

If you have IPN turned turned on at Paypal you can try turning it off. I never touched mine after I set it up. It's still set to off over there at Paypal. The module seems to take care of everything.

Check your currency abbreviation, I found one post that hinted at osc's abbreviation and paypal's abbreviation being different for Canadian dollars, so might as well check your GBP and make sure that's all straight.

If you have encrypted web payments enabled in the ipn module, try turning that off too.

As I recall I left the openssl entry just as it was when I downloaded the module. If you don't have ssl leave it like it was.

Let me know if any of that works.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(craigie b @ May 29 2006, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> hiya mark,

Really pays off to browse these forums. I posted the fact that my Paypal was presenting in USDollars even though the Default AND Selected currency were Canadian. When I read your blip about the Curr Abbreviation I changed mine from CDN to CAD and now it works. THANKS!!

By the way, I just installed the latest Paypal IPN Contrib and it works great, without even using the Sandbox.

Kickin' the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight ....

Yeah, the currency fix worked great, but I was premature in saying that my installation of osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2 was working great ...

When a payment is processed all looks great on the user's side, but I'm getting email notification that reads "Subject: PayPal IPN Invalid Process"

with a bunch of info between $_POST and $_GET variables.

The Paypal account is verified so it's nothing to do with that ... I read another thread that pointed to the ISP's firewall not allowing Paypal's HTTP POST, but when I contact them about it (GoDaddy.com) they state that the problem lies with Paypal and not their server.

So, right now I'm kinda' in limbo until I hear something back from Paypal, however I'm not overly optimistic ...

Kickin' the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight ....