• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

:o HELP! I stuffed my user/password in PHPMyAdmin!!!

lbandte

Hi, I feel like a big twit...

I'll TRY to explain what I did to stuff it (teach me to mess with what's working).

I'm running a few applications on my local server on my puta, and just used "root" with no entered password when setting up and installing everything (eek, errrr).

Everything worked fine, connections and all that, no problem.

THEN...

In PHP MyAdmin I saw a nice red notice saying that my user details were "root" with no password for mySQL (or something) and I should check my phpconfig file (or something) to fix this security hole... OR SOMETHING. LOL

So...

I edited the user "root" in PHPMyAdmin, and changed the password to (something). Then I couldn't get back into PHPMyAdmin. DOH.

So... I entered the password in phpconfig file, saved it, THEN I COULD get back into PHPMyAdmin. YAY.

BUT...

Nothing on my server (osCommerce, Joomla etc) would connect (mySQL I think). As I guess all the databases have the "root" with no password (or empty password)... on all the pages, or something.

SO I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS!

I just gotta get the config file, and the phpMyAdmin, and all the applications etc. all running again with the same user and password (or no/empty password like it was originally) before I stuffed it up. I hope.

I'm dizzy just trying to explain. Hope someone can understand and help!!

Cheeers, Leanne

Do a search for a file called my.ini, and when you find it then near the top you should see this:

# password = your_password

Try uncommenting it and adding your real password e.g.

password = your_password

Vger

Thanks, I did a search and couldn't find any such file.

BUT, I added a new user in PhpMYAdmin, then changed all the configure files in my applications.

Two of them worked, but one still doesn't (one being an osCommerce site).

I'm getting a message:

1046 - No database selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

What does this mean? What do I need to change, and where?

In general, when you add a new user in PHP MyAdmin, is there an easy way to configure your site with the new user? Is it just a case of changing the details in the includes/configure.php file?

Thanks again for any help, Leanne.

Ok, I'm not sure I followed all of that correctly, but...

Yes. You need have your current db username and password in BOTH configure.php files (one in admin/includes and one in catalog/includes). Then it should work.

Thanks, I did a search and couldn't find any such file.

BUT, I added a new user in PhpMYAdmin, then changed all the configure files in my applications.

Two of them worked, but one still doesn't (one being an osCommerce site).

I'm getting a message:

1046 - No database selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

What does this mean? What do I need to change, and where?

In general, when you add a new user in PHP MyAdmin, is there an easy way to configure your site with the new user? Is it just a case of changing the details in the includes/configure.php file?

Thanks again for any help, Leanne.

Archived