• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

First oscommerce site

sumario

I like what you did to the boxes. Looks good!

Next time, you might check out "Dynamenu". It's a brand new contribution so you didn't miss anything. It can do a flyout effect like your cool menu, and it's more flexible, and it can live w/o JS. I tried cool menu first, but I ran into the same problem you did w/center shop....floating menu :blink: . The floating menu lost :D

Hi again,

Well i couldnt find an answer to merge all the boxes together but i tried another way but i dunno, tell me what you think of the site now.

Thanks

lol

Thanks for that, ill use that next time. Will be recdesiging a poorly made site for a furniture wholesaler.

So, now the fun bit is over for now with the designing etc, now i have to put in all the details, products and all the options for every single product....may take some time. fun! :D

hi again,

i really feel stupid now.

You now those images on the index page of the site, well i gave one of them a link and because all links are given a colour, it gave the image a solid link line. i cant change it in the style sheet as it will effect the rest of the links. so how can i get rid of that solid line from around the image link?

Thank you.

Bedmakeruk.com

• 2 months later...

Hi all again.

Been doing some work over the past few weeks on the site and i liked it 2 be reviewed again and to be tested out.

Here are the list of changes that i have done since last time that i can remember:

I go rid of the "coolmenu" and replaced it with a similar, not as nice looking but more customisible menu. This took a while to edit as i had to go thro a lot of pages to remove the coolmenu code.

On the left column i have added a banner which advertises a supply. on click it goes to a page which gives info on them and what they sell.

Removed all uneeded languages.

Last time i added a category description contribution. But this only appeared on viewing categories. It needed to he where the list of products appear as well. so i edited and made it happen.

Added a GD image contribution

edited the product info page to allow the images to be 1.5 times bigger then it is set in the admin section.

I put back in the bread crumb trail. dont know what i was thinking when i removed it. But i also added a contri to show the last trail as the product name and not the model number.

I changed the model colum in product listing to sizes.

Removed model number from product info page.

Changed all the category images on the index page.

Thats all i can remember at the moment really.

Now i been added the products and still are. I know the descriptions for the products are poor but still waiting to get time with the client. very busy man.

Things to do:

Added specail buttons when fewing a certain category. it will allow you to display times that are in a certain size so it is easier on the customer to find the items that they need. Can be done using a search url:

http://www.bedmakeruk.com/cart/catalog/adv...dfrom=&dto=

thats shows all the the metal beds that come in 4'0 .

Also need to make an info box to display what these sizes mean.

There where other ideas that i had but i seem to have forgotten them as well lmao.

So, please go thro and tell me your opinions of the site and give any suggestions. Keep inmind that i am still adding products and making changes as i go along. This site is NOT live yet, so go ahead and makes orders.

Thankyou.

Hi again,

Looking good! I like the blues on white. I also like the category menu and images.

One thing I'm not sure on, is that "Refine Your Results" size chart. It doesn't seem to do much!

For instance; while on Metal Beds >> Orient I click on a size and it returns the same result, as when clicking on the category. Which is all the sizes, for the entire range, in that category.

Typos:

Ecomeny should be Economy - Once should be One on this item.

comes in various of colours - should be; various colours or, a variety of colours - on all the Futons!

Your big images are too heavy. I reduced one from a 300kb .png file, to a 50kb .jpg. Which means it would load 6 times faster. Important for our dial-up friends!

I like some of your products! My missus wants a new bed so I may come a shopping. Do I get a community discount? :-"

I take it you do have beds with a wall down the middle? >_<

Good work all in all. Keep it up!

Hi again,

Looking good! I like the blues on white. I also like the category menu and images.

One thing I'm not sure on, is that "Refine Your Results" size chart. It doesn't seem to do much!

For instance; while on Metal Beds >> Orient I click on a size and it returns the same result, as when clicking on the category. Which is all the sizes, for the entire range, in that category.

Typos:

Ecomeny should be Economy - Once should be One on this item.

comes in various of colours - should be; various colours or, a variety of colours - on all the Futons!

Your big images are too heavy. I reduced one from a 300kb .png file, to a 50kb .jpg. Which means it would load 6 times faster. Important for our dial-up friends!

I like some of your products! My missus wants a new bed so I may come a shopping. Do I get a community discount? :-"

I take it you do have beds with a wall down the middle? >_<

Good work all in all. Keep it up!

first of all :lol: :lol: !!! i dont think we have beds with walls, sorry.

Now, refine your results is only ment to be for when you view a category like metal beds and you want to show all the beds in the size - 2'6. Click on a button and it will show the results.

It took me a while to figure out how to do this for each category but i finally got it right. But what i did was say, if user is in a category, it will show that box. But as they view a product in a category. it will still show that box.

this is what i used:

if ($current_category_id == 42){
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'bs_size.php');
 }

Is there a way to not display the box if its in the product view?

Thankyou for pointing out the spellings and grammer mistakes. that was done today lol. I will fix them tomorrow morning.

Images. i have used a a GD thumbnali contribution to help the load time but i thought that png did a better job at compression then jpg did but still have a better quality. then saying the images were like in the mb size. They were done professionally some of them were. Ill will change them to jpg but there must be a quicker way to upload the images all at once and change all the images for the product with ease.

Also added a small feature which is not yet complete is when you click the images of the sizes in product listing, a pop up will appear explaining some of the sizes.

Hope the above made sense, typed it in a rush :P

Ok, i fixed the spellings and grammer. Now to change all those images >_< then add all the other products... i think there is like 200+ more products to add :o

Any other spelling mistakes that you find, let me know please. Thankyou.

Archived