on the last version

1. catalog\admin\export_catalogs.php

u can see :

$filename = $DOCUMENT_ROOT . 'download/resultsc.txt';

i tried to create a folder admin/exports and chmot 77

and then changed the code to :

$filename = DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'exports/catalogs_to_send.txt';

but i still go the error :

Sorry, I cannot open this file: v:/easyphp/www/ms2fr/catalog/admin/exports/catalogs_to_send.txt

i even tried to put a empty texte file of the same name , but nothing , and then the list of pending catalog to send is emptied if i come back to the list

2. on the catalog side , it should follow the account creation rules ,menaing for instance if we decide that a field is not required or not asked , it should be the same for the catalog

3. the catalog thumbnails should be defined in the admin , i did it so i can change the name for the new catalog image

MS2

contribution link is :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2576

Here are my problems :

on the last version

1. catalog\admin\export_catalogs.php

u can see :

$filename = $DOCUMENT_ROOT . 'download/resultsc.txt';

i tried to create a folder admin/exports and chmot 77

and then changed the code to :

$filename = DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'exports/catalogs_to_send.txt';

but i still go the error :

i even tried to put a empty texte file of the same name , but nothing , and then the list of pending catalog to send is emptied if i come back to the list

2. on the catalog side , it should follow the account creation rules ,menaing for instance if we decide that a field is not required or not asked , it should be the same for the catalog

3. the catalog thumbnails should be defined in the admin , i did it so i can change the name for the new catalog image

Hello!

Thanks for starting a support thread. Those are all valid points you make.

#2 and #3 should be addressed in an upcoming version.

As for your problem #1, I'm not sure why you can't open that file. You say you chmoded that file to 777 already. Do you have some other security issue such as an .htaccess file that prohibits opening that file?

That's the only thing I can think of. Did it work originally sending the file to the catalog/downloads folder? I would check the error number of that code to see if it gives a reason why it can't write to it. Sorry I'm not more helpful. For the longest time I had thrown this code together for my own purposes, so it's not that elegant.

Matt

for point 3 here is what i entered in phpmyadmin to be able to choose ( hope it helps)

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES  
 ('', 'Thumb for the free catalog', 'AZER_FREE_CATALOG_THUMB', 'freecatalog/catalog_thumb.jpg', 'AZER_FREE_CATALOG_THUMB', 502, 100, '0000-00-00', '2006-03-04', NULL, '');

then in the box , i used a echo with the variables

as for point 1 :

As for your problem #1, I'm not sure why you can't open that file. You say you chmoded that file to 777 already. Do you have some other security issue such as an .htaccess file that prohibits opening that file?

not a t all , no ht acess , and all is chmoded to 777 , by the way do we have to copy and empty text file , or the script creates it ?

MS2

I haven't tested the script by sending the export file to the admin side. I'll have to run some tests...

The script creates the text file, opens it if it can, then writes to it if it can.

Matt

• 1 month later...

Great contribution, Matt. Thanks a lot. I have a question, is there anyhow we can add an option to keep track in admin who's pending for a catalog, somewhere in Reports section or directly in customer's profile, because I guess we just have to email catalog to the customer later on. This way we won't forget and make sure that a catalog will be delivered to the requester.

By the way, the txt file created by export script is empty.

Regards.

Edited by Irin

I'm trying to write a code that will send an email to the store owner when catalog request form is submitted. Something like: "The following customer placed a request for your catalog from ' . STORE_NAME . '. And then list customer's details: salu, fname, lname, company, addr1, addr2, city, state, zip, country, phone, email, enquiry, date_requested. Unfortunately, I'm not very strong in php and only my knowledge is not enough. May be somebody can help me with this. It's going to be a useful add-on for the great contribution.

I saw that catalog_requests.php is mentioned couple of times but where is the file itself? Also in admin/includes/languages/english.php:

//*** 2004-09-02 <Add Catalog Request Page>

define('BOX_HEADING_CATALOG_REQUESTS', 'Catalog Requests');

define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_CATALOG', 'Catalog Requests');

define('BOX_REPORTS_EXPORT_CATALOGS', 'Export Catalogs');

define('IMAGE_EXPORT_CATALOGS', 'Export All Catalog Requests');

//*** 2004-09-02 </Add Catalog Request Page>

All I have in my admin side is 'Export Catalogs' in Reports section with 'Export All' button. Where is the file that suppose to create a new box 'Catalog Requests'? All I found in the last package release was export_catalogs.php for admin.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Great contribution, Matt. Thanks a lot. I have a question, is there anyhow we can add an option to keep track in admin who's pending for a catalog, somewhere in Reports section or directly in customer's profile, because I guess we just have to email catalog to the customer later on. This way we won't forget and make sure that a catalog will be delivered to the requester.

By the way, the txt file created by export script is empty.

Regards.

Sorry to take so long to reply. I haven't checked the board in a while-been busy.

That's a good idea, Irin. It's not something I need for my purposes, but others might. I would suggest in the next revision that it goes under the Customers tab in the admin, much like the Customers->Orders report that shows processed and pending orders, only for catalog requests.

As for why the export script is empty, another poster had the same issue. I'm not sure why this happens, as it works fine on my system. I must have some settings different. I'll look into it.

Matt

I'm trying to write a code that will send an email to the store owner when catalog request form is submitted. Something like: "The following customer placed a request for your catalog from ' . STORE_NAME . '. And then list customer's details: salu, fname, lname, company, addr1, addr2, city, state, zip, country, phone, email, enquiry, date_requested. Unfortunately, I'm not very strong in php and only my knowledge is not enough. May be somebody can help me with this. It's going to be a useful add-on for the great contribution.

I saw that catalog_requests.php is mentioned couple of times but where is the file itself? Also in admin/includes/languages/english.php:

All I have in my admin side is 'Export Catalogs' in Reports section with 'Export All' button. Where is the file that suppose to create a new box 'Catalog Requests'? All I found in the last package release was export_catalogs.php for admin.

Thanks.

Another good addition. Again, this is not something I needed when I wrote this, as we export the requests 2x a day and we get hundreds of catalog requests/month, so I didn't care to get all those emails. But, others might need it. Next revision!

I don't think the file catalog_requests.php is mentioned anywhere. What you're seeing here is the language for the web pages being defined, not the file itself. To add the catalog request box to your site, look in catalog/includes/column_left.php. Accompanying that is the includes/boxes/free_catalog.php file that must be added. That is how the box is added. Of course, if you wanted the box in the right column, go to column_right instead.

Matt

Another good addition. Again, this is not something I needed when I wrote this, as we export the requests 2x a day and we get hundreds of catalog requests/month, so I didn't care to get all those emails. But, others might need it. Next revision!

I don't think the file catalog_requests.php is mentioned anywhere. What you're seeing here is the language for the web pages being defined, not the file itself. To add the catalog request box to your site, look in catalog/includes/column_left.php. Accompanying that is the includes/boxes/free_catalog.php file that must be added. That is how the box is added. Of course, if you wanted the box in the right column, go to column_right instead.

Matt

Thanks for the reply, Matt. In my last post I was talking about admin side, not the catalog. What are those two other definitions that are in the language file and are they used anywhere?

And that's also in admin/includes/filenames.php:
define(('FILENAME_CATALOG_REQUESTS', 'catalog_requests.php');

catalog_requests.php is not included in the package and that's also no file to go into admin/includes/boxes/ to create a new box 'Catalog Requests' in admin/column_left? All that is created by the contribution is 'Export Catalogs' in Reports section with 'Export All' button.

And, I do have a free_catalog box in my left column of my catalog side. When do you expect a new version will be released? I really need all those additions.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

This looks like just the mod im looking for, but does anyone know a URL I can view it on before I go to all the work of installing it?

Thanks

Dan

• 5 months later...
I am trying to install v2.0 but also missing the catalogue_request.php file

I love the contribution and this file would make it perfect.

There is no file of this name in the contribution - nor is there supposed to be. The actual page visitors request the catalog is called free_catalog.php. When they successfully fill out their information, they get free_catalog_success.php. The file /includes/filenames.php has the filenames of the two files listed defined as constants.

Hi Guys,

This looks like just the mod im looking for, but does anyone know a URL I can view it on before I go to all the work of installing it?

Thanks

Dan

You can check out https://www.whitehorsepress.com/free_catalog.php. However, this is a live site so if you request a catalog you will get one in the mail. Of course, the admin section will not be accessible to you.

Matt

Greetings - is there a URL of a site using this contrib so I can see how it functions? not quite sure from reading here and would like to see if possible.

Thank you very much

Ron

I uploaded the v2.0 package with 3 screenshots based on a default install of osC.

Matt

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

hiya guys.

This gives me a error when i input the details to request a catalog.

I have this error

Error Your First Name must contain a minimum of 2 characters.

Error Your Last Name must contain a minimum of 2 characters.

Error Your Street Address must contain a minimum of 5 characters.

everytime i put any details

• 2 weeks later...
hiya guys.

This gives me a error when i input the details to request a catalog.

I have this error

Error Your First Name must contain a minimum of 2 characters.

Error Your Last Name must contain a minimum of 2 characters.

Error Your Street Address must contain a minimum of 5 characters.

everytime i put any details

This is because Catalogue Request only works with php4 and your server probably has php5.

I was hoping someone would make a version that works with php5, because I don't know what to change. Unfortunately it seems that hardly anybody uses this add-on and I can't find another add-on that does the same

• 5 months later...