• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Help

shade

I have received all of my money thru paypal in the past but I have just received a big order and the buyer wants to pay via credit card but not thru paypal? Is there any other way I can get paid? I have always used paypal so I know nothing about other sites dose anyone have any fave's are know of other ways to receive the payment outside of paypal?

I have received all of my money thru paypal in the past but I have just received a big order and the buyer wants to pay via credit card but not thru paypal? Is there any other way I can get paid? I have always used paypal so I know nothing about other sites dose anyone have any fave's are know of other ways to receive the payment outside of paypal?

[/quote

Visit http://propay.com/

it allows you to take payments over the phone

all you do after getting credit card information over the phone is to enter information into your account in propay. If not willing to use that you can sign up for http://2checkout.com/

or try any other payment module in oscommerce admin section

Paypal allows you to pay either through their accounts or credit card. Paypal accepts credit card, I know for sure. Just contact paypal, they will be willing to help you.

I setup a site for my client with paypal payment option and it accepts credit card as well as paypal members.

Cheers,

Desmond

• 2 years later...

Kind of strange they don't want to go through Paypal because they don't need an account with Paypal to pay with a credit card. If you do accept the credit card and process it through another service - make sure the charge goes through(clears) before giving/sending them the purchase. Protects you from a scam - they are out there....

Dance as if No One were Watching ~ Sing as if No One were Listening ~ And Live Life everyday as if it were Your Last!

• 7 months later...
Kind of strange they don't want to go through Paypal because they don't need an account with Paypal to pay with a credit card. If you do accept the credit card and process it through another service - make sure the charge goes through(clears) before giving/sending them the purchase. Protects you from a scam - they are out there....

I run an online store and I do not accept paypal I use propay. I also wrote a mod that will automate my propay transactions as well that is in the contribution section of oscommerce.com. But if I go to a website that uses ONLY paypal I will not buy either. But my reasons are different than others.

If you look at statistics most people will not complete checkout if you send them to another site for payment. That is the number 1 reason for lost sales especially with paypal even though they don't need to sign up for an account. The reason why I will not use paypal for anything buying or selling is because of their practices. They do not have one set of standards for protecting buyers or sellers. And I have been on both ends of the stick.

But again it's not the fact that it is paypal it is mainly because they are taken to another site for checkout that people won't use paypal.

Shawn

Archived