• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN encrypted mode not working

robfor

Have done exactly as it says in the PayPal IPN setup article:

http://oscdox.com/index.php?op=modload&nam...PaypalIpnOscmax

and it works fine when I choose to run without encrytion but when I set encryted to true in the paypal modul it wont work.

Error: Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 388

Do any of you know what this error depends on?

just above the checkout button, if I insist on checking out anyway the paypal page says that it has encountered an error and that information is missing. Turn off encrytion and everything works fine again.

When the guy in the article testet it he didnt have encryption on so there are probably a thing or two still to say on the subject. I.e if you are to give people advice on how to configure paypal encrypted payments, be sure that you have gotten it to work yourself first.

But you can still follow the advice in the article for non-encrypted payments with paypal and of course skip all the make your certs instrutions since it wont work in encrypted mode anyway.

Edited by robfor