• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping not showing at all

Ok its been months now that i have tried to figure this out on my own and I just cannot find ANY answers. Our site just does NOT show the shipping method, etc when checking out and I cannot figure out why. I just installed the Fast easy checkout to combine payment and shipping pages, hoping that installing a new checkout_shipping page would do the trick , and STILL nothing . Can someone look at it? www.jawproducts.com . Why will the shipping method, etc NOT show up? i have usps and ups installed and activated; I have weights in every single item also. thank you!

Ok its been months now that i have tried to figure this out on my own and I just cannot find ANY answers. Our site just does NOT show the shipping method, etc when checking out and I cannot figure out why. I just installed the Fast easy checkout to combine payment and shipping pages, hoping that installing a new checkout_shipping page would do the trick , and STILL nothing . Can someone look at it? www.jawproducts.com . Why will the shipping method, etc NOT show up? i have usps and ups installed and activated; I have weights in every single item also. thank you!

Don't really want to create an account there.

Do the payment options show up?

Have you set up the shipping modules correctly? Do zones apply or not?

Payment options show up, yes, i set up the shipping modules - I have usps and ups turned on with my key codes all in there correctly. I dont know what is going on

Payment options show up, yes, i set up the shipping modules - I have usps and ups turned on with my key codes all in there correctly. I dont know what is going on

Try, from Admin, installing one of the default OSC payment modules (it does not have to work) and see if it shows up and then uninstall it.

I had another thought. Maybe there is no room to display the shipping on the page. I had a similar thing when installing CCGV. When doing the edits, I messed up the html part of the payment page so that the Redeem Box was not showing.

If my previous post does not work, this may be the problem.

I'm having the same problems - I've enabled ONLY the USPS module however nothing is appearing under "Shipping Method"

What else am I supposed to have enabled?

Thanks for any help...

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I still don't see my USPS international shipping option, both using the test server as well as the production server.

I am able to enable other shipping options, however, and they display, but USPS does not.

Does documentation exist for this shipping method?

This is crazy at this point! For me, NONE of the options work when I turn them on. I have not the foggiest what could have gone wrong. :(

I have zone rates enabled. Tare weight is 0.99 lbs.

Product weights are specified- 0.5, 0.8

I've set up new trial products- to no avail. It worked like clockwork until I updated the attached files....

Does the attributes section have anything to do with this? I provide eBook instructions downloadable after each purchase.

However, no matter what, shipping does not show up for ANY types flat, item, zone. Any thoughts??? Would appreciate some insght if someone has any to share!

Thanks!

Edited by wenonae

This is crazy at this point! For me, NONE of the options work when I turn them on. I have not the foggiest what could have gone wrong. :(

I have zone rates enabled. Tare weight is 0.99 lbs.

Product weights are specified- 0.5, 0.8

I've set up new trial products- to no avail. It worked like clockwork until I updated the attached files....

Does the attributes section have anything to do with this? I provide eBook instructions downloadable after each purchase.

However, no matter what, shipping does not show up for ANY types flat, item, zone. Any thoughts??? Would appreciate some insght if someone has any to share!

Thanks!

Additionally, yes payment shows up fine and processes well.

There has to be something going on where it's not recognizing that I have 'weight'..so it's not triggering the shipping at all.

Man! to have this figured out...my shop is already live. For now, will have to bill for shipping separately.

Finally, per Cooda's comments...the shipping doesn't show up in the total price either..so it's not triggering at all.

Edited by wenonae

Additionally, yes payment shows up fine and processes well.

There has to be something going on where it's not recognizing that I have 'weight'..so it's not triggering the shipping at all.

Man! to have this figured out...my shop is already live. For now, will have to bill for shipping separately.

Finally, per Cooda's comments...the shipping doesn't show up in the total price either..so it's not triggering at all.

I figured 'a' fix..don't know if it is 'THE' fix. Basically deleting then re-adding the attribute for an item- allows the shipping to trigger correctly. See my other comments here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...51entry877351

HTH someone.

• 1 month later...

I found a fix for this issue. For our store, all of our products have shipping costs enabled. Some products have downloadable PDF guides, but a physical product still ships. What I did is disable the redirect from the checkout_shipping.php file for virtual (downloadable) products.

Find this block in checkout_shipping.php:

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as
// a shipping address is not needed
 if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
$shipping = false;
$sendto = false;
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
 }

And replace with:

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as
//  if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {
//	if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
//	$shipping = false;
//	$sendto = false;
//	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
//  }

I found a fix for this issue. For our store, all of our products have shipping costs enabled. Some products have downloadable PDF guides, but a physical product still ships. What I did is disable the redirect from the checkout_shipping.php file for virtual (downloadable) products.

Find this block in checkout_shipping.php:

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
$shipping = false;
$sendto = false;
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
 }

And replace with:

//  if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {
//	if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
//	$shipping = false;
//	$sendto = false;
//	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
//  }

Clever! and very true if you ship all your products. Unfortunately for my case, I have a mix of both. Thanks for taking the time to share! I'm sure it'll help someone else.

Claire :D