• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ccgv free shipping bug

Hi, I am using ccgv and the paypal ipn contribution. When I create a coupon for nothing but free shipping and if the customer enters the coupon on the site, it subtracts the shipping fee from the products total and not the shipping total. (does that make sense) The problem is when the user is buying something for less than the shipping fee and the user is not being passed to paypal to be charged. The same thing happens with other payment methods.

Example: My shipping fee is $5.00. A customer buys an item for $3.00. He/She puts in the coupon code that I set up for free shipping. CCGV subtracts $5.00 from the products before the shipping fee is added in. For some reason that messes up my store and takes the person straight to checkout success without sending them to paypal. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!!! (I am sorry this is so hard to explain)

Again, Thanks!!

Hi, I am using ccgv and the paypal ipn contribution. When I create a coupon for nothing but free shipping and if the customer enters the coupon on the site, it subtracts the shipping fee from the products total and not the shipping total. (does that make sense) The problem is when the user is buying something for less than the shipping fee and the user is not being passed to paypal to be charged. The same thing happens with other payment methods.

Example: My shipping fee is $5.00. A customer buys an item for $3.00. He/She puts in the coupon code that I set up for free shipping. CCGV subtracts $5.00 from the products before the shipping fee is added in. For some reason that messes up my store and takes the person straight to checkout success without sending them to paypal. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!!! (I am sorry this is so hard to explain)

Again, Thanks!!

Hi

I think (not being php proficient) that it would require a lot of recoding.

You may be better off with one of the free shipping conrtributions?

There's nothing to fix, you've just misunderstood how it works. With CCGV if you set up a coupon and enable Free Shipping on it then what you have done is just to set up a coupon that gives free shipping - and nothing else. If you try to set it up to give a 10% discount on the order, plus free shipping, all you get is free shipping (which overrides anything else).

When you get to checkout it does not include any shipping after they have used the Redeem function. If your site is showing shipping and then deducting shipping then you've just got ccgv installed or set up incorrectly.

Vger

There's nothing to fix, you've just misunderstood how it works. With CCGV if you set up a coupon and enable Free Shipping on it then what you have done is just to set up a coupon that gives free shipping - and nothing else. If you try to set it up to give a 10% discount on the order, plus free shipping, all you get is free shipping (which overrides anything else).

When you get to checkout it does not include any shipping after they have used the Redeem function. If your site is showing shipping and then deducting shipping then you've just got ccgv installed or set up incorrectly.

Vger

Sorry Vger, but I think that he wants the coupon to apply to nothing other than shipping and nothing else. For those that have have the coupon, shipping is free: if no coupon, then shipping is at full cost.

Also, I think that he wants the deduction to showw that it applies to shipping, and nothing else.

Once used, the coupon expires.

Sorry Vger, but I think that he wants the coupon to apply to nothing other than shipping and nothing else. For those that have have the coupon, shipping is free: if no coupon, then shipping is at full cost.

Also, I think that he wants the deduction to showw that it applies to shipping, and nothing else.

Once used, the coupon expires.

Exactly! The problem is the free shipping coupon is decucted from the products total and not the shipping total. So if someone buys something that is cheaper than the shipping cost, they end up with a negative subtotal and for some reason Oscommerce does not redirect them to paypal to be charged. It just takes them to the payment complete page.

Thanks!!

Exactly! The problem is the free shipping coupon is decucted from the products total and not the shipping total. So if someone buys something that is cheaper than the shipping cost, they end up with a negative subtotal and for some reason Oscommerce does not redirect them to paypal to be charged. It just takes them to the payment complete page.

Thanks!!

Sorry Mitchell,

I should have said to try another contrib such as Easy Discount. The support forum is http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...view=getnewpost

The author is Boxtel (Amanda) and she is amazing at giving support. Post your questions there before you decide to try it. I do not have it installed, but it is a thread that I monitor because I was thinking of installing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was interested in your comments about this bug.

I tried your situation on my installation of osC:

A product costing ?3

Shipping being ?5

A free shipping coupon -?5

In cart totals to ?3

However, when you click confirm order to continue to pay by PayPal, the PayPal checkout page comes up with the amount being -?2.00 and shipping at ?0.00!

It seems that osC is telling the PayPal cart that the products are ?3 minus ?5 AND setting the shipping as free.

This is a problem.

Does anyone know of a possible fix?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Will

Guys - installing contributions is not a cookie cutter task. If you have the PayPal IPN installed and are running CCGV, then you must apply the CCGV code to paypal_ipn.php. Basically, whenever you make ANY changes to checkout_process.php these MUST be mirrored in paypal_ipn.php.

If you can't figure out how to do that, then please wait until tomorrow. I'm off now, but I'll post the relevant code in the official PayPal IPN thread tomorrow.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Update - I have published the code for getting PayPal IPN to play nicely with CCGV(trad):

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=881088

Please also note that the order total order is very important in CCGV(trad) and should be:

Sort Order:

This needs to be set according to how you want tax and your discount to be calculated. You will also need to change the sort order of the other order total modules. We recommend that you set the sort order of the order total modules as follows:

* Sub-total - Sort order = 1

* Shipping - Sort order = 2

* Tax - Sort order = 3

* Discount Coupons - Sort order = 9

* Gift Vouchers - Sort Order =740

* Total - Sort Order = 900

This allows the gift voucher to assume a greater amount of the total cost while applying the discount to the total after the gift voucher has been applied. If you have recalculate tax set to true then you should place the sort order as the following:

* Sub-total - Sort order = 1

* Shipping - Sort order = 2

* Discount Coupons - Sort order = 9

* Gift Vouchers - Sort Order =740

* Tax - Sort order = 800

* Total - Sort Order = 900

Note: your discount coupon has many choices for per product/category items tax is only calculated on the item not on the total tax, so if you have tax on shipping it will not be recalculated though shipping would be if shipping is set to true.

all the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Thanks Terra!

Unfortunatley I am not using PayPal IPN and after looking at what you changed in IPN and the normal PayPal option I have been unable to successfully change the code (Sorry - I'm a bit of a newbie to osC!)

Would you have any idea how to change the standard PayPal module?

Thanks in advance!

Will

Will - sorry but the first post to this thread talked about PayPal IPN so I replied based on that. The standard osCom module works as is with CCGV, no need for amendments.

The most likely cause for your problem is a wrong sort order in order totals - please have a look at the info in the user guide & what I published above regarding sort order and play around with different settings. If you get the "order totals" correct, then all should be well.

all the best, Terra

Edited by Terra

That's what the 'Free Shipping' option does when you set up a Coupon. If you tick the Free Shipping option then it gives Free Shipping and nothing else.

For instance, if a site charges a flat rate of $5 for shipping and the owner goes to set up a Coupon valued at $10 and ticks the Free Shipping box - then what happens is that the Customer gets Free Shipping of $5 - the rest is ignored. In short - ticking the Free Shipping Box overrides any other settings you put in for a price or percentage discount for that coupon.

This has been the situation for all versions of CCGV.

Like all other coupons it can be set for 1 use per customer - effectively expiring it for that customer once it's been used.

Vger

Thanks Terra, I have ago at your sugesstion!

That's what the 'Free Shipping' option does when you set up a Coupon. If you tick the Free Shipping option then it gives Free Shipping and nothing else.

For instance, if a site charges a flat rate of $5 for shipping and the owner goes to set up a Coupon valued at $10 and ticks the Free Shipping box - then what happens is that the Customer gets Free Shipping of $5 - the rest is ignored. In short - ticking the Free Shipping Box overrides any other settings you put in for a price or percentage discount for that coupon.

This has been the situation for all versions of CCGV.

Like all other coupons it can be set for 1 use per customer - effectively expiring it for that customer once it's been used.

Vger

Vger, I understand what you are saying, however, this is not what I have done.

The coupon is set up for free shipping only, however, when checking-out a product with a lesser value than the shipping in PayPal it shows up with the price of the goods as a minus figure and shipping as ?0.

The shipping at ?0 is good, but it is also taking the cost of the shipping out of the goods aswell.

Thanks

Will

Hi all,

I have also just noticed that if I put a product worth more than the coupon amount in paypal it subtracts the discount from the goods amount and inputs the cost of the postage.

Is there a way to get paypal.php just to send the Order Total amount?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Will

Can you post your order total configuration? would help to see it to check what's happening on your site. Terra

Can you post your order total configuration? would help to see it to check what's happening on your site. Terra

I think he wants the discount to only apply to shipping and nothing else.

I think that he wants it to display this way in OT.

I do not think that CCGV can do it.

Apparently I cannot read english, so I am probably wrong.

Well - CCVG does free shipping but it basically applies it as a minus figure so it's vital to get the order totals order correct. If I remember correctly it will show the shipping charge on checkout but then take it away via a minus X ... resulting in free shipping. so for paypal in the example above I'd expect to see order total -2, shipping 5, overall total ?3. Terra

Hi all,

Terra's got it! The problem is it osC not carrying across the shipping to PayPal aswell (if that makes sense!)

The order totals are set up like this:

Sub-Total - 1

Shipping - 2

Tax - 3

Promotion - 9

Gift Vouchers - 740

Balance Due - 900

(NB: I have renamed Coupon to Promotion and Order Total to Balance Due)

If you wouldn't mind taking a look - it would probably make more sense when you see what happens.

The site address is http://www.epsilonstore.com/circle/.

I have set up the free shipping coupon as FREE_SHIP and there is a product for ?3.00 Category >> Sub1.

Shipping should be ?5.

I have also created a test account for you:

for you to try.

Basically, if there is a way to get the paypal.php file to send just the BALANCE DUE figure then everything would work fine.

Once again thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Will

Your shop seems to be down - just get a blank page. Terra

Hi all,

Terra's got it! The problem is it osC not carrying across the shipping to PayPal aswell (if that makes sense!)

Sub-Total - 1

Shipping - 2

Tax - 3

Promotion - 9

Gift Vouchers - 740

Balance Due - 900

If you wouldn't mind taking a look - it would probably make more sense when you see what happens.

I have set up the free shipping coupon as FREE_SHIP and there is a product for ?3.00 Category >> Sub1.

Shipping should be ?5.

for you to try.

Basically, if there is a way to get the paypal.php file to send just the BALANCE DUE figure then everything would work fine.

Will

I'm also getting a blank page. I am the one who started this post a long time ago. I will try and reorder those and see if it works. I assume you are reffering to the order total modules section in the admin to reorder these. Thanks.

Hi all,

Sub-Total - 1

Shipping - 2

Tax - 3

Promotion - 9

Gift Vouchers - 740

Balance Due - 900

Shipping should be ?5.

for you to try.

Will

The source code of your page says

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>

<BODY></BODY></HTML>

That is why there is a blank page.

Hi all,

Yeah - Ive started to have trouble with my STS.

Anyway I have deactivated it and you should be able to see a temporary site there now.

Thanks

Will :thumbsup:

P.S. - Coopco, I know this is off of subject, but do you why that is happening - I cant track it down, Thanks Will

Okay, I had a look and it's not looking pretty - basically, I don't think PayPal can handle the minus amount. It's not actually anything to do with order total or shipping - it's because the sub-total is minus 2. That's causing a hiccup and it falls over. As long as the sub total is above 0 you're okay.

You should be able though to change your PHP code in your module - where it calculates the order total & shipping, just add shipping to order total and then don't send any shipping costs. Should be possible. Haven't worked with the standard PayPal module though, so don't know the code specifics.

sorry! Terra

Actually, can't be that hard - in paypal.php you have this code:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

try changing it to something like this:

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('currency_code', $my_currency) .

According to the PayPal developer guide, shipping is an optional field, so it *should* work - haven't tested this though, so tweaking may be required! Terra

PS: BACKUP FILES FIRST - I take no responsibility :P