• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

our site: http://www.janescloset.com

Hello all,

My wife and I have released our little online store live as of yesterday. http://www.janescloset.com

Regardless of how it does, I would like to thank any of you involved with osCommerce or have made any of the listed contributions.

admin access

attribs sort

coupons

featured products

froogle data feeder

google xml sitemap

groupdiscount

more pics 6

new york state tax

order editor

OTF2

paypal wpp

products sort

pwa

qtpro

STS

ultimate seo

upsxml

Thank you all very much and I hope to be able to pass on my experiences here on the forum. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Roy and Jane Rim

Hi, fantastic front page however once i selected which catagory the look and feel of the site seemed to die. I think it would help if you kept your thumb nails to one size (especially height) and perhaps could put some sort of boarder on them?

Agree - SSL is a must - wouldn't do business online with a shop that didn't have it. I know you have Ultimate SEO URL's but you may also want to think about either cDynamic Meta Tags or Header Tags Controller. Nice template.

Vger

SSL is there when you checkout. does it not appear?

Roy

Agree - SSL is a must - wouldn't do business online with a shop that didn't have it. I know you have Ultimate SEO URL's but you may also want to think about either cDynamic Meta Tags or Header Tags Controller. Nice template.

Vger

Your SSL is fine, i like what you have done but im not sure that the white background of the product images work, i would think about changing it to the pink you have as a background so the site looks more seemless.

Good luck

Fantastic design - great humor

Only thing - where are you? The only way for people to contact you is the form. What's your address. Phone number? Makes people more comfy that you are truely a real place.

Fantastic design - great humor

Only thing - where are you? The only way for people to contact you is the form. What's your address. Phone number? Makes people more comfy that you are truely a real place.

I agree with all the comments - my only point is this...

1. The search icon reminds me of osc - Spoils an otherwise briliant site

Excellent work and good luck!

Regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Thanks for all the comments, will get to work on them! Yeah, I hate the search button too but was too caught up in so many things. So tired... so tired...

I agree with all the comments - my only point is this...

1. The search icon reminds me of osc - Spoils an otherwise briliant site

Excellent work and good luck!

Regards

Mark

Very original looking site - great work :thumbsup:

As mentioned elsewhere, there's still the odd vestige of stock osCommerce lurking here and there which you should work to remove to truly individualise the site. I'd also get a very visible phone number and address on the site to show potential customers that you really exist and build credibility.

The other thing that has to be said is that the site is very 'heavy', the homepage alone is almost 200k with 31 HTTP requests. Try to see if there are any ways you can reduce the page weight by replacing graphics with CSS effects. Also, you don't need Javascript for all the rollovers, just use the CSS :hover pseudo class.

Good luck and well done for doing something innovative!

As said above, top marks for originality.

I'll be honest here, when I have reviewed other sites, if others have gone into the technical aspects, I usually look at the landing page and leave. However, being as your site is so original, I clicked through all of it. Because of this, I think you have a winner, as others will certainly do the same.

If I was really picky, which I am :rolleyes: I thought the small sideways scroll spoils it a tad. You have the width set at 800 but that doesn't allow for the vertical scrollbar or any margins. Could you bring it down to 770? That would eliminate sideway scrolling.

Out of interest, what coupon contribution did you use?

I used the inigo coupon, but I modified it to have a use_left column that gets subtracted from each time the coupon is used.

As said above, top marks for originality.

I'll be honest here, when I have reviewed other sites, if others have gone into the technical aspects, I usually look at the landing page and leave. However, being as your site is so original, I clicked through all of it. Because of this, I think you have a winner, as others will certainly do the same.

If I was really picky, which I am :rolleyes: I thought the small sideways scroll spoils it a tad. You have the width set at 800 but that doesn't allow for the vertical scrollbar or any margins. Could you bring it down to 770? That would eliminate sideway scrolling.

Out of interest, what coupon contribution did you use?

I used the inigo coupon, but I modified it to have a use_left column that gets subtracted from each time the coupon is used.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out!

I need one that I can choose what the coupon number is so I can put that number onto some printed flyers. Would I be able to do that with inigo coupon?

yes, but if you only have one number, you won't have any control over how many times it gets used and by whom.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out!

I need one that I can choose what the coupon number is so I can put that number onto some printed flyers. Would I be able to do that with inigo coupon?

I looked fairly quickly and I found it VERY original and well executed! Congrats!!!

When I clicked on the Size Chart link at the botton.... the chart is the same color as the background ... I could not see it... but other than that (on my glance) I didnt see anything else wrong with it

Good luck!

yes, but if you only have one number, you won't have any control over how many times it gets used and by whom.

Yea, so I see! I got it installed ok but wouldn't mind doing the same as you have. Did you alter that from within Ingo Coupon or did you code it in yourself?

I looked fairly quickly and I found it VERY original and well executed! Congrats!!!

When I clicked on the Size Chart link at the botton.... the chart is the same color as the background ... I could not see it... but other than that (on my glance) I didnt see anything else wrong with it

Good luck!

You have to mouseover the silhouette to see the chart!

Peter,

send me your emaily to [email protected], i will send you my updates to the inigo coupons

Roy

Yea, so I see! I got it installed ok but wouldn't mind doing the same as you have. Did you alter that from within Ingo Coupon or did you code it in yourself?

You have to mouseover the silhouette to see the chart!

Hi,

I'm sorry, which template? The index page or the listings? Which part of it do you think could use some variety? The part where items are actually listed?

Can you tell me where you have seen the same variations? Do you mean online stores in general or do you mean oscommerce stores?

Thank you,

Roy

Man this template is sooo overdone - I've seen sooo many variations of it. It looks good but I'd prefer something oringal. good luck.

Nice looking osCommerce site, nice to see such an original one!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Archived