• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Dynamic Text Replacement with images

Hello, here is a new contribution :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4242

DYNAMIC TEXT REPLACEMENT WITH IMAGES

Let you easily define which css tag will be dynamically replaced by the font of your choice !

For example, you can replace all "H1" or "td.pageheading" or any tag you want!

French : Vous pouvez remplacer le texte de n'importe quel tag css par une police de caract?re de votre choix, qui sera affich?e en tant qu'image.

Screens :

BEFORE

i5bot36.jpg

AFTER

cpay74v.jpg

Seb

Edited by concorde44

Osc 2.2 MS2

• 2 weeks later...

hi !

I've no feedback, so I don't know if this contrib is easy for you to install...

Does somebody applied successfully or not this contrib ? Is there a link to view the result ?

Maybe it is not useful at all ... !

See ya.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

• 2 weeks later...

I've applied it successfully and I really like it!! Thanks! I find it useful.

However, It's a bit difficult to use in shops with long product names. It works fine in Safari, the text replacement images will flow over several rows if needed. In Firefox however, the replacement images wont do that, it stretches the page instead and shows all text images in the same row.. if that's possible to fix I will use this contribution in several shops.

I've applied it successfully and I really like it!! Thanks! I find it useful.

However, It's a bit difficult to use in shops with long product names. It works fine in Safari, the text replacement images will flow over several rows if needed. In Firefox however, the replacement images wont do that, it stretches the page instead and shows all text images in the same row.. if that's possible to fix I will use this contribution in several shops.

Hi Frederik.r

Have you put the word-wrap switch to true :

replaceSelector("TD.pageHeading","textreplacement.php",true);

?

Can you send me the link where I could see the problem ?

Thanks

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Hi Seb!

Yes, it is set to true. It's not an issue in Safari or even the old Explorer 5.2 (mac). When using Firefox though, it first wraps the product name into two rows like it should but when the page is 100% loaded it changes to show all text images in the same row which will stretch the page (I'm using STS templates with fixed widths in pixels).

Can't post a link now since the store is open (it only uses quite short product names) and I don't want to mess with product names but I will try in my development store.

Edited by Fredrik.r

Hi frederik.r

I've tested the problem, with word-wrap set to true. Here is my what I saw :

TEST :

<table width="100px"><tr><td class="dtr" width="100%">test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test</td></tr></table>

in this case, the 100 px width is "exploded" with a loooong line of single images "test"...

But if I put the width in px in the TD, it's ok ! the single "test" images are wcorrectly wrapped in a new row :

<table><tr><td class="dtr" width="100px">test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test</td></tr></table>

I've written to the original author, but no answer yet.

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Hi Seb!

Thanks. Yes I suspected it is caused by exactly what you wrote above.. Hopefully it can be solved in some way, it's quite a job to give all td's pixel widths in osCommerce for each client.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...