• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help a newbie

jandt

Hi all,

I'm new to php, I have my shop up and running (I have managed to personalise it my changing gifs, colours and text etc) but want to add uk postal rates into it and I dont know where to start??

I saw 'Royal Mail complete shipping module' in the contributions and it reads likes it the answer to all my problems but I do not know how to get it to work? I copied the 5 php files into the same folders that they came from (like for like if you know what I mean) but I get nothing in the Admin module shipping section to install like the others that are already there.

I have searched the forum for about an hour and cannot find the answer - I apologise if its there and I missed it :(

Any advice (step by step if poss) would be greatly appreciated.

Trace

PS I am also unsure how to change permissions of folders if anybody can advise on that too please?? (I am using terrapin ftp)

Here are the instruction from Terrapin:

How do I set File Permissions and Chmod

Click on the file in the upper right white box whose file permissions you want to set. Then select Custom...Chmod from the main menu.

You will then be asked to specify the following permissions options for the: 'Owner of the file', 'Group members' and 'Other users'.

The permission options are as follows:

7=All Permissions

6=Read and Write Permissions

5=Read and Execute Permissions

4=Read Only Permission

3=Write and Execute Permissions

2=Write Only Permission

1=Execute Only Permission

0=No Permissions

Once you have set the permissions click on 'OK'.

Further, there are more than 5 files, there are 10 files. Make sure you copy the correct files and place them in the correct locations. There are 5 that go in the /catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ folder and 5 that go in the /catalog/includes/shipping/ folder. Also, did you follow the instruction in the readme file in regard to the excel spreadsheet?

Good Luck,

V6 :thumbsup:

Here are the instruction from Terrapin:

Further, there are more than 5 files, there are 10 files. Make sure you copy the correct files and place them in the correct locations. There are 5 that go in the /catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ folder and 5 that go in the /catalog/includes/shipping/ folder. Also, did you follow the instruction in the readme file in regard to the excel spreadsheet?

Good Luck,

Thank you V6 - I was nearly there - I had done the 10 files but I think I made a mistake by not extracting them first - But I now have the modules in and installed - wahooo!! Thank you. But I put a small product in the cart for a trial and for first class, first recorded and second it says not available for this order but will allow special and standard parcel? Any ideas - I'm guessing its a weight thing maybe??

Look forward to your reply

Thank you again,

Trace

I am not familiar with that contrib personally, I just looked at it to try to help you out. I am in the US, so I really haven't a need for it. I can look at it a little closer, but possibly someone else that has the contrib installed would be better suited? I will look at it when I can.

Good Luck,

Edited by VectorSix

I am not familiar with that contrib personally, I just looked at it to try to help you out. I am in the US, so I really haven't a need for it. I can look at it a little closer, but possibly someone else that has the contrib installed would be better suited? I will look at it when I can.

Good Luck,

Thank you so much - done some more digging and found that its the grams and kilos - some were set different and I fixed it now thanks to lailasmum's post I found in another thread.

Thank you again V6 for all your help,

best regards

Trace