• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK and USA best payment modules to use?

timetomove

Please can someone tell me which the best payment modules to use are.

I'm trying to set my client up with a small online clothes shop based in london but ideally selling worldwide.

She doesnt have a merchant account or anything yet. My options are open I guess.

Just a little guidance would be handy as to which methods fit with osC latest version.

Thanks Tim

Please can someone tell me which the best payment modules to use are.

I'm trying to set my client up with a small online clothes shop based in london but ideally selling worldwide.

She doesnt have a merchant account or anything yet. My options are open I guess.

Just a little guidance would be handy as to which methods fit with osC latest version.

Thanks Tim

Yes, it is lazy. You should start with the uk based OSC and go from there based on your clients needs.

You might be being a little too hard on him, Coop. Getting started in finding a merchant account provider and then a gateway can be a bit harrowing. We're not allowed to talk specifically about any outside business on the forums, but just do a good search for "UK credit card services" or something like that and when you check out a company, see if a corresponding module exists for it in the contributions section.

This one popped up in a search for "UK" in the payment modules section and seems to be pretty recent: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2349

Edited by dynamoeffects

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

You might be being a little too hard on him, Coop. Getting started in finding a merchant account provider and then a gateway can be a bit harrowing. We're not allowed to talk specifically about any outside business on the forums, but just do a good search for "UK credit card services" or something like that and when you check out a company, see if a corresponding module exists for it in the contributions section.

This one popped up in a search for "UK" in the payment modules section and seems to be pretty recent: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2349

Yes, maybe I am too hard. I always think "is this what the client needs, or is it what am I willing to provide?" There is no info about what the client wants.

We assume that a merchant account provider and then a gateway is required when paypal and others can do the job at less expense.

Anyway, the contrib area should be trolled, and then the support forums for particular contribs before any are installed. I think that starting from scratch would be pretty expensive for the client, unless they are shown how to do installs of contribs and upgrades to existing contribs.

Always check out the competition. It is pretty fierce.

Edited by wheeloftime

Thanks. Yeah you were a little hard on me.

Yes. I see your point.

I sometimes like to think there's a right and wrong way of doing things. stupid me i guess.

I'll get back with some facts and figures.

Tim

Im in the UK and using streamline as they do the credit card processing in store and I like dealing with as few different companys as possible.. the module im using is Netbanx whom are reccomended by streamline and work closely with them.

Netbanx in general are pretty good and helpfull when resolving issues.

If the clothing shop already does credit card processing in store, I personally would attempt to use this company as they allready have the shops details which makes obtaining a internet merchant number a faster and easier process and then take guidence regarding what processing company to use.

Edited by UnseenMenace