• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't get to next page of search results

mattsson

Hello, I'm new to OSCommerce, I'm having an installation issue, and I'm trying to use the forum to help me resolve it. I've found a four-page search results listing on my installation issue, but I can't get beyond page 1 of the listing.

There is a key at the lower left of the page indicating the number of pages and a row of boxes with numbers, the same number of boxes as pages, with the box containing number 1 colored orange. It looks like I should be able to click on the box labeled "2" to go to page two of the posts, but clicking on the box labeled "2" gets me page 1 again. Also clicking on the right arrow box to the right of the last numbered box gets me back to page 1, and selecting the page number from the pull-down menu at the number of pages item also takes me back to page 1.

I've observed that this appears to happen only with a page of forum search results. If I browse through, say, the general support topic which has 2673 pages, I can use the numbered boxes to navigate to other pages of the thread.

So I don't think it's a problem with me clicking on the wrong fields in the search results page.

Also I tried the same thing in a different browser (I've tried both Firefox and IE), same results.

Can you help me to navigate the forums?

I may have found a solution to my installation problem by looking through the bugs listing, but I'd a) like to read more about the problem and b) surely I'll need to use the forums in the future.

Thanks,

Carol

The problem you're having with the search results is a known issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon :)

You can search the forums with Google. It's helped me a few times.

Get the Google toolbar, or you can just go to Google and type

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums then your keywords here

and that will do the search.

I think you can set your preferences here to display 40 results too, instead of 25. At least you'd have 15 more that way :)

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing back. Now I know the problem isn't with just me, and thanks for the suggestions to work around it.

Cheers,

Carol

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing back. Now I know the problem isn't with just me, and thanks for the suggestions to work around it.

Cheers,

Carol

Thanks from me too. I've been battling with this for ages and countless reboots! Hopefully it will soon be fixed. I'm sure it's causing a lot more questions to be asked than need to be.

Archived