• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

!!!!! NEED HELP PLEASE !!!!!

tank08093

I really need help password protecting the admin..

I have no idea how to do this, i know that it involves using the htaccess file, but how do you do this,

could anyone on this forum help me.....

any help will be greatly appreciated..

Tim :( :( :(

I really need help password protecting the admin..

I have no idea how to do this, i know that it involves using the htaccess file, but how do you do this,

could anyone on this forum help me.....

any help will be greatly appreciated..

Tim :( :( :(

Do you have a control panel for your site, something like cpanel? Usually you can password protect directories there. If it is apache all this does is write to the htaccess file for the directory you are trying to protect.

Read, read, read, test, read, read, test, read, implement.

Always back up your site and database before changes.

Always back up on a regular basis.

If you have cpanel look for a link that says "password protect directories" and do it through there.

Otherwise you can write htaccess and htpasswd files or install one of the many contributions. Do a search for admin password, secure admin, admin log in. You will have many options.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

If you have cpanel look for a link that says "password protect directories" and do it through there.

Otherwise you can write htaccess and htpasswd files or install one of the many contributions. Do a search for admin password, secure admin, admin log in. You will have many options.

In the contribution. search for the Admin acess

follow the intrustion and you will get the admin production

Archived