• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

hello can somebody experienced please tell me how to make Dynamenu(vertical dropdown)? What do i need? STS and dynamenu? please help! thanks!

EDIT: i have the latest oscommerce 2.2rc2.

The answer is simply three posts above yours.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Anyone know what I did wrong? I have a new instal with HeadertagsSEO, Ultimate SEO URL, and STS. I'm trying to get Dynamenu working, but even after following Bill's code above, I can't get it to work.

With STS on, I get a normal looking page "$dmbox" wherever I placed it in the html.

With STS off, I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_make_cat_dmlist() (previously declared in /usr/home/sites/www.tamogila.com/web/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php:220) in /usr/home/sites/www.tamogila.com/web/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 220

and only the left column with the categories box repeated a few times (along with the other left_column boxes).

So talking it out seems to help. It turns out that not only did I put Bill's code in left_column.php

$sts->restart_capture ('manufacturerbox', 'box');require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');

, I also left the original code in there

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');

. Duplicating the declaring of tep_make_cat_dmlist.

So now it works with STS turned off, but I still just get $dmbox with STS turned on. I'm not really sure exactly how STS works yet...so maybe I messed up this step:

"4. I then add the $dmbox tag to each of my templates where I want to display the dynamenu category box."

I just took this as putting $dmbox somewhere in a table sts_template.html. Am I missing something here, is there more to adding a tag to the templates?

I really need to figure out how to edit my posts on this forum. As soon as I hit post, I saw my problem. Bill's instructions were for changes in sts_left_column.php, not to be confused with left_column.php. Hopefully this will help someone else someday who is like me and can't read directions. This would have been a breeze install if I had seen those three little letters from the start.

Edited by tamogila

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.. I have just added the dm_categories to my site..

it seems all is working and I have it set up though the category list ends at the letter 'T'

I do not understand..

I have the sql echoing so that I can see it and use it in phpMyAdmin. the query returns all the results.. so this is not the problem..

in function tep_make_cat_dmlist(xxxxx)

there is no parent category sql as I am showing the full tree..

anyone know how to get the FULL category list to show?? I do have this implemented into a cre laoded cart system.

Please help..

Eldonthian Leeburstroghm McAllister

"If you make yourselfs sheep, the wolves will eat you!"

www.1215.org

Get Paid for ever!

Hi, I've been going through all these pages but I can't find the solution for my problem. It's probably very easy, but I really can't figure it out.

Here's the problem:

image3oi7.th.jpg

That is how the shop looks like now. (Still under construction :) )

However, as you may notice the horizontal bar is at the right and the introduction (and products etc.) are in the middle. I need the introduction to be UNDER the horizontal bar.

So you have the following:

Bar------------------------------------------------- (I'll change it to the left side if that's easier?)

Menu ] shop tekst and products

bla ] etc

bla ] etc

bla ]

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it!!

It looks like you have messed up your HTML output somehow when installing the menu. Are you using a template system or stock osC ?

I would "view source" on the page from your browser window and see where the HTML code is off - are you missing a closing tag?

If you are using layers you might need to change the settings for the layers in your Style Sheet.

Hi, I've been going through all these pages but I can't find the solution for my problem. It's probably very easy, but I really can't figure it out.

Here's the problem:

image3oi7.th.jpg

That is how the shop looks like now. (Still under construction :) )

However, as you may notice the horizontal bar is at the right and the introduction (and products etc.) are in the middle. I need the introduction to be UNDER the horizontal bar.

So you have the following:

Bar------------------------------------------------- (I'll change it to the left side if that's easier?)

Menu ] shop tekst and products

bla ] etc

bla ] etc

bla ]

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it!!

~Tracy

Thanks for your reply, I use standard Osc. I just followed the instructions from the install read me... So I have the right column and the left column and the middle piece.

How can I like merge the right column with the middle piece?

I'm not sure how to do that in stock osC - I believe if you search the forums for something like "comment out" +column you'll probably find some info on how to stop a column from showing. (remember, you can go to google and put this in the search box: site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "comment out" +column and only get results found in the forums) ;)

I use the STS template system, so I just change my template to achieve the look I want. I am better with HTML than PHP and STS allows me to create my templates in HTML.

Thanks for your reply, I use standard Osc. I just followed the instructions from the install read me... So I have the right column and the left column and the middle piece.

How can I like merge the right column with the middle piece?

~Tracy

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using OSC 2.2 and I've had Dynamenu installed for a good year or more, I think.

I use the Tree menu and all worked beautifully until this past weekend.

Now, instead of displaying the category box with the main cats and the little plus signs to expand or collapse the categories, my website is loading every single main cat and subcat at once and the minus icons next to the categories do not work. Furthermore, my web browser is throwing an error on the bottom left corner of every page when loaded...Done, but with errors on the page. It won't work in either IE 7.0 or Firefox 3.0....but did a few days ago.

When doubleclicked, it simply says Error: Object expected

I installed it today on a test site that I have, just a barebones install of OSC, and it will not work there, either. It's doing the same thing there.

As a last resort, I had my webhost restore my site with a backup from 10 days ago where I am absolutely positive it was working fine and...that didn't fix it, either. Any ideas as to what could be happening? I'm stumped.

- Andrea

Me again. I've been experimenting with the different menus one can use.

// Set the value below corresponding to the type of menu you want to render
// 0 = Horizontal Drop-down; 1 = Vertical Flyout; 2 = Tree Menu;
// 3 = Plain Horizontal Menu; 4 = Plain Vertical Menu

The first one, Horizontal Drop-Down, throws an error in the bottom left corner of the web browser reading:

'numl' is undefined

The second one, Vertical Flyout, does the same.

The third one, the one I've always used, the Tree Menu...throws an error of 'object expected'

The last two choices above, the Plain Menus, load just fine.

Is this a javascript issue?

Dear all,

I faced a minor problem but can't figure out what has gone wrong.

I want the Dynamenu to be horizontall, hence, i edit the configuration in dm_categories.php for:

$menu_type = 0;

But when i set:

// Set to false to display the menu output only. Set to true to display in

// a regular box. The former is useful for better integrating the menu with your layout.

$show_dmcats_as_box = false;

It will always appear a numerik '1' below the menu bar.

dmmenu-1.JPG

What is that?? Where does it come from?? How to get rid of it??

:angry:

Hi,

I am about to implement a new osCommerce installation using STS and hopefully this DHTML menu system

. From all the forum posts I've read there are some complications to trying to do this, has anybody been successful? or should I scrap it before I begin? I've installed several osCommerce stores before and am fairly confident with PHP but I need the install to go smoothly and quickly in order to complete the project on time.

Here's a screenshot of what I'd like to do:

healthypet.png

Hey guys...i need help...i want a vertical drop down and not the horizontal drop down available in this addon...can someone help me? for illustration please see this

Edited by ade_waqar

1_10_09_08_3_54_07.jpg

Hi, i used this addon, must say its flawless, but look at the image above, when you bring your mouse over to the category it expands itself if it has any sub categories in it.

So possible i could get this style ? if someone is willing to help ?

• 2 weeks later...

i have searched and read through every page i can find relating to Dynamenu with no success.

i have 1 problem,

i am using Dynamenu with a vertical dropdown menu, when at index.php the menu shows but has no expand icons, and does not expand when i hover over the master categories, however if i go into any of the master gategories the expand icon appears and if i hover the sub categories show.

the obvious answer may be $show_full_tree = true; but as you can see it is set true

here is the code created by dmfooter, as you can see does not contain much.

</html><!-- beginning of menu footer - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc © 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="https://www.marcopratesi.it/"]https://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url] -->
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--loaded = 1;// -->
</script>
<!-- end of menu footer - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc © 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - [url="https://www.marcopratesi.it/"]https://www.marcopratesi.it/[/url] -->

Why does this not work on the first level categories ?

my site - Fireplace2u.co.uk

Many thanks

I having this error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_make_cat_dmlist() (previously declared in /home/factoryr/public_html/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php:210) in /home/factoryr/public_html/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 210

Please... any light.....

Tx

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

Just one addition to the above, I have a working demo of a default flyout menu using osC RC2a, Dynamenu and STSv4.5.8 at http://www.soundsgoodpro.com/dynamenu2

Hi kellum...

Can you please diponibilize the all includes folder of your demo site to download.... just to us use the files to compare and so install correctly the dynamenu...

i passed all day last and today trying install but without sucess...

with the files of this demo site and using merging progrma can be eaiser to identify correctly our errors on steps.....

Tx in advance...

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

Hi kellum...

Can you please diponibilize the all includes folder of your demo site to download.... just to us use the files to compare and so install correctly the dynamenu...

with the files of this demo site and using merging progrma can be eaiser to identify correctly our errors on steps.....

Tx in advance...

Rafael

Rafael,

My demo site is using STSv4.5.8 as well as osCommerce Online Merchant RC2a. Is this what you want to compare to?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi kellum...

Tx in advance...

Rafael

You can get it here (free download):

It includes the files for Dynamenu and STS based on osC RC2a.

I have not polished the installation instructions so I have not uploaded it to the osC contribution page yet (STS Power Pack site, a site dedicated to STS add-ons).

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions