• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

Bob, just a shot in the dark...

Try removing the "box" variable from the STS tag code that you entered in the sts_column_left.php file:

Change this:

$sts->restart_capture ('manufacturerbox', 'box');require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
 $sts->restart_capture('dmbox', 'box'); // Get Dynamenu Category box

To this:

$sts->restart_capture ('manufacturerbox', 'box');require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
 $sts->restart_capture('dmbox'); // Get Dynamenu Category box

Now change the settings for your dynamenu menu and see if the flyouts work without the box setting to "true".

Hope this helped,

No joy, but it was worth a try.

Hi, im using dynamenu as a tree menu, and i would like it to load with ALL the first level branches expanded (but only the first level) ... anybody knows if theres an easy way to do this?

thanks

Hi, im using dynamenu as a tree menu, and i would like it to load with ALL the first level branches expanded (but only the first level) ... anybody knows if theres an easy way to do this?

thanks

ok i found it in this same post sorry

OK. So I do not see this as an STS issue. I'll post back if I come across anything that might help you out.

It does not appear to be an STS issue.

Getting the error: "object expected" on this line:

<div id="catmenu" class="verbar" onmouseover="clearLMTO();" onmouseout="setLMTO();">

Only happens if the menu is set to flyout.

This line is generated out of the layersmenu-vertical_menu.ihmtl file.

The exact line is:

<!-- BEGIN vertical_menu_box -->

<div id="{menu_name}" class="verbar" onmouseover="clearLMTO();" onmouseout="setLMTO();">

<div class="verbar" onmouseover="clearLMTO();" onmouseout="setLMTO();">

The stylesheet is pointing to:

<link rel="StyleSheet" href="../layersmenu-gtk2.css" type="text/css"></link> which is kind of odd, but it did not make a difference changing the stylesheet location.

Interesting problem to try and figure out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

I installed this contirbution and it works great. However, I would like to replace the category names by images.

Has anyone managed to do so? If yes I wouldn't mind some little guidance :)

Cheers

I've been looking around for a solution to displaying more than one dynamenu (ie a horizontal one across the top and then a tree one in a left coloumn) on a page and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know how this is possible?

I believe Matthew Ritchie managed to do this. It might be in his STS_MEGA_POWER_PACK_BUNDLE here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4456

I've been looking around for a solution to displaying more than one dynamenu (ie a horizontal one across the top and then a tree one in a left coloumn) on a page and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know how this is possible?

~Tracy

Hi there!

I installed this contirbution and it works great. However, I would like to replace the category names by images.

Has anyone managed to do so? If yes I wouldn't mind some little guidance :)

Cheers

i would like to know the answer to this as well.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I've installed dynamenu on a regular 2.2 version of oscommerce, but for the life of me can't figure out why the thing isn't working! I saw it briefly in IE, but then it dissappeared, and I can't see it at all in Firefox no matter how many times I refresh. Anybody have a clue what I might have done wrong? I did include it in the column_left file.

I've installed dynamenu on a regular 2.2 version of oscommerce, but for the life of me can't figure out why the thing isn't working! I saw it briefly in IE, but then it dissappeared, and I can't see it at all in Firefox no matter how many times I refresh. Anybody have a clue what I might have done wrong? I did include it in the column_left file.

Never mind. For anyone else having that problem, I turned off the cache...although not a great solution.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

First, Thank you very much for sharing this contribution. I love this, as I am looking for this kind to replace the default category menu style in osc :D

I am newbie here by the way.

I've installed this Dynamenu Tree menu style in left side of category infobox in my shop.

But the problem is, the bottom / footer of the dm_category infobox were missing?

Please see attached image to see it.

categoryinfoboxvf0.gif

Please advise and direct me how to fix this problem please.

And also, how can I apply the new 4 tree menu templates for this dynamenu that was contributed by Jordi?

Thanks and hoping for any response please?

Edited by digibiz08

Hi,

First, Thank you very much for sharing this contribution. I love this, as I am looking for this kind to replace the default category menu style in osc :D

I am newbie here by the way.

I've installed this Dynamenu Tree menu style in left side of category infobox in my shop.

But the problem is, the bottom / footer of the dm_category infobox were missing?

Please see attached image to see it.

categoryinfoboxvf0.gif

Please advise and direct me how to fix this problem please.

And also, how can I apply the new 4 tree menu templates for this dynamenu that was contributed by Jordi?

Thanks and hoping for any response please?

Anyone here could point me how to fix this please? I'm a noob here...

I've not used the tree menu type - but my guess would be to change the settings in your stylesheet to change the look of the menu and get rid of the border.

As to why the bottom of the menu is missing - I have never seen this before. Double check your installation to make sure you didn't forget to upload or change something, and double check your stylesheet as well.

~Tracy

I was not able to get out of that white border. Not even after I modified the CSS.

Please note that the border apears in all 5 styles of Dynamenu.

Can someone help on this, please? :|

I've not used the tree menu type - but my guess would be to change the settings in your stylesheet to change the look of the menu and get rid of the border.

As to why the bottom of the menu is missing - I have never seen this before. Double check your installation to make sure you didn't forget to upload or change something, and double check your stylesheet as well.

Well - there are a couple spots it could be. Could you post your CSS for your dynamenu here? Is the site somewhere that I could access it to look at it with the developer tools turned on in my browser? Or you could download the developer tools for your browser (I have them for both IE and Firefox) - the tools allow you to see what setting is affecting each area. So it would show you what is making the border white - a TD setting or a style in the stylesheet .. etc...

I was not able to get out of that white border. Not even after I modified the CSS.

Please note that the border apears in all 5 styles of Dynamenu.

Can someone help on this, please? :|

~Tracy

Well - there are a couple spots it could be. Could you post your CSS for your dynamenu here? Is the site somewhere that I could access it to look at it with the developer tools turned on in my browser? Or you could download the developer tools for your browser (I have them for both IE and Firefox) - the tools allow you to see what setting is affecting each area. So it would show you what is making the border white - a TD setting or a style in the stylesheet .. etc...

I have been having the same problem. It does not show the bottom border until I hover over a submenu. It then shows it for all of them.

This is a great contribution... but I am having one problem with the style of the top categories. I have been working on for hours 3 nights straight so finally decided to ask for help. Here is my front page -

http://uncommonhound.com/catalog/index.php

...you can see my menu along the bottom. I would like each top category title to look the way it looks in the product pages, which uses the 'categories.php' from a template as seen here -

http://uncommonhound.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=82

orange, larger (but still horizontal)... and NOT a link because I don't want a duplicate menu of sub-categories displayed horizontally as seen here - http://uncommonhound.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=40

By experimentation I have found that the code that generates that look in categories.php is this (I'm not sure if all of it is needed or just the last 1 or 2 lines) -

while ($cat = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_query)) {

$catid = $cat['categories_id'];

$catname = $cat['categories_name'];

echo "<br><font color=FF9900 size=2><b>$catname </b></font><br>";

However, I can't get it to work in dm_categories.php at all. :huh:

btw, my site is still very much a work in progress so many links don't work yet...

Thank you in advance for assistance!

To those having issues with the flyouts using STS:

I just installed osCommerce RC2a, added Dynamenu (Nate's May 27, 2006 version) and flyouts work perfectly.

I then added STSv4.5.8. The menu no longer appears because I have to do a few extra additions as follows:

1. Create the new dynamenu infobox tag (I did this in sts_column_left.php, just under the manufactures tag:
    // Get manufacturer box from db or cache  
     if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
    echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
     } else {
    include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
     }
     $sts->restart_capture('dmbox', 'box'); // Get Dynamenu Category box

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');
     $sts->restart_capture ('whatsnewbox', 'box'); // Get What's new box

2. I then have to add duplicate the footer.php mods in the application_bottom.php file as so (add the following lines at the very end of the file just before the last closing tag - it will look like this):
    	// Output the footer for Dynamenu for osCommerce
    echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter'];
    ?>

3. I then copy all of the stylesheet mods from dynamenu to my stylesheet.css file at the very end of the file.
  4. I then add the $dmbox tag to each of my templates where I want to display the dynamenu category box.
  5. STS is setup by default to look for the stylesheet.css file in the root directory. Change this in your template if you need it to point somewhere else.

Now the flyouts work perfectly using Dynamenu, osC RC2a and STSv4.5.8.

There are no incompatibilities with Dyanmenu and STSv4.5.8. If you do the above, then it shouls work perfectly for you.

Hope this helped clear things up for you,

Bill,

I have posted this in the STS forum (I think)

:`````````````````````````start copy```````````````````````````````````

Not too sure which thread I should put post this in, so if this is the wrong place, apologies in advance.

I have been trying to get DynaMenu working by putting <?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php'); ?> in a table on my index.php.html and the closing line <?php echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter']; ?> just before the </body> tag.

All I have been able to achieve is for the categories to show without the drop down sub categories.

I have DynaMenu working fine when include in header.php with the template folder set to test.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

`````````````````````````````end copy``````````````````````````````

then I found this thread, so my question to you is where do I place the code when I haven't go a column left? and my index.php.html is built with just HTML and STS placeholders.

thanks

David

Try replacing

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php'); ?>

with

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php'); ?>

in column_left.php

and add

<?php echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter']; ?>

just before the </body> tag in the footer.php

hello can somebody experienced please tell me how to make Dynamenu(vertical dropdown)? What do i need? STS and dynamenu? please help! thanks!

EDIT: i have the latest oscommerce 2.2rc2.

Edited by gordona