• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

Hey guys. First off, thanks for the awesome contribution. I just need to get mine working properly.

I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to this stuff (but I'm learning), so this should probablly be something you guys could help me out with relatively easily..

First off, I have my box opening up in the column_left but its pushed way left. Not aligned with the other stuff (info, etc.), and as a side effect to that its pushing the page next to it off right. Is there a way to fix this up?

Screenshot of my page. You can see there whats happening.

Also, I'm using vertical flyout style box and my first category wont "fly-out" and show the sub-categories. Its wierd, because on some pages it will fly-out and others it wont. I dont even know where to start with that one :angry:

My other category with sub's fly's out everytime.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

I have updated catalog/includes/boxes/dm_catagories.php to use configure.php defined values:

every require and script link was hard coded to /includes/functions or something similar...................................like so:

<?php require_once (DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu-browser_detection.js'); ?>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS; ?>dynamenu/libjs/layerstreemenu-cookies.js"></script>

these now use the config dfined values regardless....

furthermore, the below were hard to figure...

$mid->setDirroot(DM_SETDIRROOT); // now has a new config defined variable of:

define('DM_SETDIRROOT', 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/catalog' ); // for example - different if on linux below

define('DM_SETDIRROOT', '/home/yourusername/public_html/catalog/' ); // linux e.g.

$mid->setLibjsdir(DM_INCLUDES_FUNCTIONS . 'dynamenu/libjs/');

define('DM_INCLUDES_FUNCTIONS', 'includes/functions/' ); essential if using dm outside of osc file system

if ($menu_type !=2) {

$mid->setTpldir(DM_INCLUDES_FUNCTIONS . '/dynamenu/templates/');

this all aids in the displaying of dm outside of osc while using sts however some of the above changes allow dynamenu to use configure.php definations as opposed to hard coding.

:see my contrib for file and sts use:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5245

many thanks for a great contrib - now working on getting two flyouts working on same page for external pages for a larger info site supporting the shopping cart.

Matthew John Ritchie

www.Bluegreentechnologies.com

Hey guys. First off, thanks for the awesome contribution. I just need to get mine working properly.

I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to this stuff (but I'm learning), so this should probablly be something you guys could help me out with relatively easily..

First off, I have my box opening up in the column_left but its pushed way left. Not aligned with the other stuff (info, etc.), and as a side effect to that its pushing the page next to it off right. Is there a way to fix this up?

Screenshot of my page. You can see there whats happening.

Also, I'm using vertical flyout style box and my first category wont "fly-out" and show the sub-categories. Its wierd, because on some pages it will fly-out and others it wont. I dont even know where to start with that one :angry:

My other category with sub's fly's out everytime.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

no one? :(

I think it's something wrong with your site though I can't say what. Dynamenu does not have any issues when the cache is turned on. Perhaps your cache directory is not writable? (or try clearning the cache in the admin, to see if that fixes it)

I had a similiar problem and ended up tracing the error to the includes/functions/cache.php and the reference to the old categories.php file which needed to be corrected to the new dm_categories.php file:

////
//! Cache the categories box
// Cache the categories box
 function tep_cache_categories_box($auto_expire = false, $refresh = false) {
   global $cPath, $language, $languages_id, $tree, $cPath_array, $categories_string, $boxContent, $box_base_name;

if (($refresh == true) || !read_cache($cache_output, 'categories_box-' . str_replace ( '/', '-', bts_select('boxes', $box_base_name)) . '-' . $language . '.cache' . $cPath, $auto_expire)) {
     ob_start();
   include(bts_select(boxes_original, [b]'dm_categories.php'[/b]));  
     $cache_output = ob_get_contents();
     ob_end_clean();
     write_cache($cache_output, 'categories_box-' . str_replace ( '/', '-', bts_select('boxes', $box_base_name)) . '-' . $language . '.cache' . $cPath);
   }

return $cache_output;
 }

Problems using dynamenu with large databases

I am testing dynamenu with product contributions.. running into a major problem

dynamenu works great without the product contribution, the problem is with the product cont the file is too big and will only display the main categories not any drop downs (I don't know why)

The issue is when the navigation bar generating text is too big

$output which is passed to the main program in the code

$categories_string = tep_make_cat_dmlist();

is where the text is generated

the information is created correctly (I can print it out) but when the output is more than 230441 characters (yes that is the exact number) the navigation bar wont show ANY drop downs even though the information is in correct form..

There is not an error in the bigger file being created correctly, when i truncate the length to 230441 characters it outputs fine (but incomplete because I have cut off some data)

Any idea if the error is fixable in code, if some server side setting can be altered or what?

I believe the meat of code where the information is getting dropped is

$mid->setMenuStructureString($categories_string);

$mid->parseStructureForMenu('catmenu');

switch ($menu_type) {

case 0: // Horizontal drop-down

$mid->setDownArrowImg($menu_downarrowimg);

$mid->setForwardArrowImg($menu_fwdarrowimg);

$mid->setHorizontalMenuTpl('layersmenu-horizontal_menu.ihtml');

$mid->setSubMenuTpl('layersmenu-horiz_sub_menu.ihtml');

$mid->newHorizontalMenu('catmenu');

$mid->printHeader();

$categories_menu = $mid->getMenu('catmenu');

$GLOBALS['dmfooter'] = $mid->getFooter();

Thanks in advance for any clues

Edited by levelninesports

Once more with a special request...

But first things first, Nat thanks for the help with the safari thing, it was indeed the stylesheet which caused the problems.

But for todays magical trick...

I want to change the url in the flyout menu. I would like it to be the way that only the categories which contain products are fitted with a hyperlink. The other categories should only be displayed as a simple text.

I already managed to adapt the code so far that when there are no products within the category the link is '' otherwise the link is correct. The only issue I still have is that even withthe link being '' it is still displayed as a link to my shop home directory.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks on advance,

Sven

Hi all I've just installed this great menu system, but are wondering if any one is able show me how to modifiy the tree menu so that it would function like the one at this website:

www.computerlounge.co.nz

I think it is a wicked menu as you can click on a category without a post back to the server, much like the dynamenu does when you click on a folder. But if you click on a category with the dynamenu you get a post back to the server which I would like to avoid, I would also like to get rid of the folders & '+' signs

Thanks Andy

Having a real problem...

Dynamenu and STS 4.5.2 - clean install using Matthew John Ritchie's Mega PowerPack.

Vertical Flyouts (#1) work great, horizontal drop-downs (#0) fail.

In reviewing source, the initial javascript doesn't load but only on Horizontal Drop-down (#0).

Error console reports:

Error: moveLayerX1 is not defined
Source File: http://www.funds4causes.com/new/catalog/index.php?cPath=33
Line: 1

Error: clearLMTO is not defined

From what I can see all the required php footers and headers are in place.

Thoughts... ideas......

Having a real problem...

Dynamenu and STS 4.5.2 - clean install using Matthew John Ritchie's Mega PowerPack.

Vertical Flyouts (#1) work great, horizontal drop-downs (#0) fail.

In reviewing source, the initial javascript doesn't load but only on Horizontal Drop-down (#0).

Error console reports:

Error: moveLayerX1 is not defined

Error: clearLMTO is not defined

From what I can see all the required php footers and headers are in place.

Thoughts... ideas......

Not sure what could be causing your problem but just wanted to let you know that Dynamenu works flawlessly with STSv4.5.2 on it's own.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Not sure what could be causing your problem but just wanted to let you know that Dynamenu works flawlessly with STSv4.5.2 on it's own.

Oh don't get me wrong.... I have absolute faith it will work...... They are on their own, did a clean new install, only contribution is the Power pack. Just trying to figure out what is different is the sequence of events to lead to this:

Verticle flyout selected
Inside the source code:
<------  Usual header stuff  ----------->
<body> 
More stuff
<!-- start dmbox //-->

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
		<!--
			// PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - http://www.marcopratesi.it/

Loads all this javascript
 // -->
	</script>
	<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu-library.js"></script>
	<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs/layersmenu.js"></script>
<!-- beginning of menu header - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - http://www.marcopratesi.it/ -->
and some more
<!--
// -->
</script>

<!-- end of menu header - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - http://www.marcopratesi.it/ -->
<!-- beginning of vertical menu bar -->
finally back to some php
after about 12 lines....
<!-- end of vertical menu bar -->

<!-- end dmbox //-->
Quite a ways down.....
<!-- beginning of menu footer - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - http://www.marcopratesi.it/ -->

finally 

<!--
loaded = 1;
// -->
</script>

<!-- end of menu footer - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - http://www.marcopratesi.it/ -->

Again this is for the vertical flyout that works.

Below is the horizontal drop-down that doesn't:

<------  Usual header stuff  ----------->
<body> 
More stuff
<!-- start dmbox //-->
about 12 lines later
<!-- end dmbox //-->
No javascript...

Bunch of php

then
!-- beginning of menu footer - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - http://www.marcopratesi.it/ -->
soemphp code identifying the menu elements
and finally
<!--
loaded = 1;
// -->
</script>

<!-- end of menu footer - PHP Layers Menu 3.2.0-rc (C) 2001-2004 Marco Pratesi - http://www.marcopratesi.it/ -->

The whole block of javascript is never inserted into the source when the horizontal dropdown is selected.

I am at a bit of a loss and I have a client chomping for this.

Permissions maybe? Dust bunnies? Sun Spots?

So can anyone tell me teh loading difference between the vertical and horizontal DHTML sets.....

Hi,

I'm using vertical fly-out Dynamenu and looking for a way to make it faster.

I have 40 categories, around 200 products

hierachical menu

cat /sub/sub/product

If I hover a category /sub/sub/ and change my mind and hover another category it's took around 2-3 seconds between both categories.

any suggestions are welcome!

thanks

Lenamtl

Oh don't get me wrong.... I have absolute faith it will work...... They are on their own, did a clean new install, only contribution is the Power pack. Just trying to figure out what is different is the sequence of events to lead to this:

The whole block of javascript is never inserted into the source when the horizontal dropdown is selected.

I am at a bit of a loss and I have a client chomping for this.

Permissions maybe? Dust bunnies? Sun Spots?

So can anyone tell me teh loading difference between the vertical and horizontal DHTML sets.....

HI John Darbyshire

Matthew Ritchie here.

I know what the problem is.... the vertical flyout works (i think you said) that should be so, however there was no such horizontal dynamenu dropdown. the horizontal is currently only an output of links generated in sts_user_code.php HOWEVER.........

BIG SMILE, WIZ BANG, FIREWORKS ETC ETC ETC......

Many people have asked as well as myself for two flyout menus on the same page. one vertical catagories, (sometimes two for other contribs) and one horizontal dropdown for navigation.

My contribution sts_external_pages_templates allows all the template formats to be used externally to osc for say detailed product pages, journals, news, about_us, extra contacts etc etc

the horizontal links jump to each page (see my web site for an example - live but still no sales ;o( not bothered)

the good news is tonight i have hacked both dynamenu and phplayersmenu so that

(1) dynamenu works externally from osc anywhere [changed the paths definations etc]

(2) contrib comming tomorrow or the next day - DYNAMENU_GONE_NUTS_BONKERS - this currently has two flyout menus as mentioned above however they are only the menu_types 0 & 1. I am seeking to fill everyones wishes by going the whole hog and making every possible phplayersmenu type all available on the same page without conflict. alas i have a little more work to do....

hope you can have a little patience but because i dont im going to put up the rough draught that works anywhere. it's more of a demo. you can hack and play from there. give me a couple of more days and the twists and turns should be crinkle free and it will work with sts. i'll also include a full descriptive doccumentation for all those newbies like i use to be....

i'll be back shortly with the link to the contrib page....

matt.

happy osc_dynamenu independance day!!!!!!

DYNAMENU_GONE_NUTS_BONKERS.ZIP ... almost

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5245

this is a stand alone demo. it will call on some files from your dynamenu installation! though.

unzip all files/folders and save into web root

point your browser to www.localhost/DYNAMENU_GONE_NUTS_BONKERS.php

you will get a page with two menus,

one horizontal, random links from phplayersmenu

and one vertical - your shop catagories.

if you fancy you can hack and play. you can separate the header off into an include file and make a box for each of the menu outputs (bottom of page)

then include via sts variable for example, $horiz and $vertic. if you have sts you should know how to do this!!!!!! by now.

i'll be back in couple of days to give you the full contrib... sit tight and enjoy for now.

For the most part, this contrib has been pretty neet to work with. I have run into one snag however:

When I set the php file (dm_categories.php) to option 1 the sub-categories no longer appear. If I choose other menu styles I can see sub categories right down to individual products. Is there some option either in the dm_categories file or the CSS file that I need to turn on in order to get the menues to fly out correctly?

In my CSS file I have the entries for all the different menu styles pasted in. Would having all styles in there effect this? I checked through the dm_categories.php file and did not see anything that looked like it would correct the problem either. I am at a loss on where else to look. Where can I go from here?

Hi,

I'm wondering is there any code optimization for IE.

Dynamenu is very fast under FF, but slower under IE.

thanks

Edited by lenamtl

Lenamtl

Hi,

did you know that Google or other engine will retreive all your menu items,categories, subcategories when it's a dynamic menu, which can cause big problem

I have done a Meta Tag Analyzer test today, and I get a too many urls = 442 urls

if a turn off the menu it's ok it's give 46 urls

is there a way to prevent this, even using this menu??

Lenamtl

Trying to get Fly-Out menu to work.

I have a fresh copy of osCommerce v2.2 RC1. After following the install directions to the letter, instead of the sub-menus flying out, they're getting displayed at the very bottom of the page. Any ideas?

Hello,

First of all, i'd like to say that this is really a great contribution!

I'm using the tree-menu and I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to remove the pictures?

2. Is there a way to remove the little dots under the the "[+]" symbol?

Thank you in advance!

Has anyone managed to get a spacer image to go beneath each category apart from the last one?

Spacer images are so... 1997... Use the menu stylesheet instead ;)

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

did you know that Google or other engine will retreive all your menu items,categories, subcategories when it's a dynamic menu, which can cause big problem

This is not a problem as you suggest. Google is well aware of the existence of dynamic menus and having a lot of URLs on a page to other parts of your website is not a concern with respect to search engine ranking. I think there is an option so that only the submenu of the currently active category is rendered if you are still concerned about it though. As for speed, I have not noticed any problems in either IE of Firefox...

I have a fresh copy of osCommerce v2.2 RC1. After following the install directions to the letter, instead of the sub-menus flying out, they're getting displayed at the very bottom of the page. Any ideas?

This is usually an indication that you haven't properly included the stylesheet in your layout, or you're not playing the DM footer *just before* the closing </BODY> tag of your layout.

I'm using the tree-menu and I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to remove the pictures?

2. Is there a way to remove the little dots under the the "[+]" symbol?

With the tree menu unfortunately you gotta hack-hack-hack the JS to make it appear significantly different, or you can just replace the images used in the tree menu...

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

Great Menu System, working great for me. However I would like to have the sub-menus "hang" a bit longer before they disappear so customers can navigate without losing there mouse pointer position.

A) Is there a spot to lengthen the delay?

B) Can a bit of code be added to the bottom of the main menu so customers can speed up or slow down the menu themselves? (Just a thought)

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.