• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

So how can I modify the width of the Category Box?

Thank you very much.

I forgot to say that I am using the "Tree Type Category", and the width of the Category Box will become wider when the Category names are long, so how can I fix the width of the Category box?

Thank you very much.

I'm using the setting $menu_use_titles=true to display titles for my tree menu items, but it isn't much benefit to my users as the titles are identical to the menu text. That is, the menu item "Picture Frame" shows a title "Picture Frame" when the mouse pointer is above it.

Is there a way to get these "title" texts pulled from somewhere else? I have installed the Mod "Header Tags Controller" which allows you to store a page title for each category. Maybe this could be retrieved?

I have another question regarding the operation of Dynamenu:

I'm using the tree menu feature to show my product categories. When my page first displays, I see for an instant the entire menu, including all collapsed branches. Then the pages settles down, showing the menu the way it should be, with collapsed branches hidden. Is there any way to correct this behavior?

Firstly, great contribution!

Although I do have a slight problem with it, I am using style 1 (the vertical fly out menu), when I put the menu in column_left.php it works fine, i.e. all categories show a small arrow after them and when you hover over them the sub menu flies out. (I included as stated the footer tag in the footer for the page)

But when I place it inside my own template them menu displays, but each category does not have an arrow after it, this only appears when you click the category, also the flyout only happens when you click the category not when you hover over it?

Does anyone have any idea what i've done wrong? and yes I've included the footer tage in my own template as well. All styles and everything work just great, it seems very strange (I am using STS 4 contrib to make my templates) but each template this system generates still includes footer.php from the OSC includes directory which is the same file I use when it works with thedefault template.

Cany anyone help? has anyone here used this contrib in conjunction with STS 4?

Regards

Dan

Hi all

I am using this contribution and all is gret for me but i want to change a little thing. I don't have an image for each subcategory and i would like to remove the link for each category that is not one of the deepiest level.

My categories:

Category1

------ SubCategory1

------ SubCategory2

Category2

------- SubCategory3

I don't want to be able to clik on a Category so the main page is not showing me the current images for the subcategories. But when i click on a subcategory i want the product listing on the main page for that subcategory.

Any clue on how to do that ? (maybe tha's only a condition to add in hte dm_categories.php file but i am an absolute beginner ....)

Thanks a lot

Guillaume

Hi,

This is a sorely-needed and excellent contrib. I was excited when I saw it, but I can't get the flyouts to work.

I'm getting the following Javascript errors with Mozilla:

clearLMTO is not defined.

setLMTO is not defined.

moveLayerX is not defined.

I've followed the instructions and re-installed numerous times. I'm using a clean install of OSC 2.2. Everything seems to check out - the javascript code and libraries are where they should be. The footer shows up in the source. I've included the dynamenu defs in stylesheet.css. I've tried the Venkman debugger to no effect.

I've been at this for hours and have hit a dead end. Is there anything that I'm missing? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

J

Hi OSc community

About Nate contribution, it's absolutely excellent.

Just one question :

I would like that only the head title to appear first in my category box.

When this title is clicked or flown, the categories would dropdown and the subcategories after...

Is it possible in your opinion ? Any idea about the method to use ?

I have been working on it for 3 days now and no idea at all about the way to succeed.

If anyone got some tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

Bye

Tochy

Hi all,

yet another person praising this fantastic contribution....my question seems to be totally unrealated to everyone elses but here goes...

My category menu is situated in column_right.php and i would really like to use the flyout menu, however it is set for people with their categories on the left of the store.

Is it any easy process to change it so the first submenu comes out towards the left, then the second to the right - basically the opposite to how it is done now?

I just want a mirror image of the code basically...is it that easy? How would i start implementing it?

Thanks in advance.

Donna

Hi,

This is a sorely-needed and excellent contrib. I was excited when I saw it, but I can't get the flyouts to work.

I'm getting the following Javascript errors with Mozilla:

clearLMTO is not defined.

setLMTO is not defined.

moveLayerX is not defined.

I've followed the instructions and re-installed numerous times. I'm using a clean install of OSC 2.2. Everything seems to check out - the javascript code and libraries are where they should be. The footer shows up in the source. I've included the dynamenu defs in stylesheet.css. I've tried the Venkman debugger to no effect.

I've been at this for hours and have hit a dead end. Is there anything that I'm missing? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

J

I have resolved this. It turns out that I could not access the dynamenu javascript libraries (in ./includes/functions/dynamenu/libjs because of a poorly configured .htaccess flle that someone stuck in the ./includes directory. I changed it back to the original OSCommerce .htaccess and added an AllowOveride directive - all is working fine now...moving on!

Hiya there,

Great contribution, and I have it 99% working :-"

I am using a vertical style fly out, however when I change the category menu to be WITHOUT the standard infobox surround, my entire website layout gets outta whack.. the main part and right column get displayed beneath the left_column.php. I'm assuming an extraneous <tr> in the format somewhere, but can't find it?

Just a few questions as to changing a few visbility things:

1. how can I insert a line as a spacer between menu items?

2. how can I 'pad' the menu items so there is more space between category items? (also in the submenus)

Much appreciated!

Hi, Having DynaMenu Install problems, getting this error:

LayersMenu Error: setHorizontalMenuTpl: file ./includes/functions/dynamenu/templates/layersmenu-horizontal_menu.ihtml does not exist.

Halted.

I've read the ReadMe

moved files/directories/images ass directed

I've placed this in my header.php:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');

right at the top, after <?php

I've copied all the styles to my stylesheet.css, right at the bottom after all else

I've echoed the following into the footer.php, just before ?>

// Output the footer for Dynamenu for osCommerce

echo $GLOBALS['dmfooter'];

in dm_categories.php I've selected "0" for Horizontal

and there IS a layersmenu-horizontal_menu.ihtml in my

catalog/includes/functions/dynamenu/templates/ directory

I've tried it three times, starting with a fresh catalog each time.

What am I missing? Do I need to alter permissions of the new/replacement files

?

thanks

Ross

I need to use a contribution such as Dynamenu but I need to be able to integrate it with the "Information" infobox as well as the "Categories" box.

Can this be done.... or are there other solutions I should be looking at?

Please help.

Installed the Dynamenu contibution in my header using the vertical fly-out setup........

2 things....

1 - The subcategories are being displayed in the footer??? and not next to the menu arrow, can't figure out why.........

2 - I have a link in my header "Products" I wish to mouseOver this link and the categories appear below, I don't wish the categories displayed all the time, can I do this with this contribution.

Thanks in advance.....

Well, no matter what email I use, I do *not* get my notifications when someone posts to the forums (even though I'm subscribed... I'll try to take crack at the questions I missed - sorry for the late reply....

...width of the Category Box will become wider when the Category names are long, so how can I fix the width of the Category box?

Unfortunately, DM relies on using non-breaking text for proper formatting, so this behaviour cannot be changed. You can, however, opt to not show the menu within a category box, or perhaps go with a drop-down style....

I'm using the setting $menu_use_titles=true to display titles for my tree menu items, but it isn't much benefit to my users as the titles are identical to the menu text... I have installed the Mod "Header Tags Controller" which allows you to store a page title for each category. Maybe this could be retrieved?

Yes, I am not familar with that mod, but it would require altering the tep_db_query in dm_categories.php to retrieve this info for the given category (line 246), then modifying the output round line 316 to output this info...

I'm using the tree menu feature to show my product categories. When my page first displays, I see for an instant the entire menu, including all collapsed branches. Then the pages settles down, showing the menu the way it should be, with collapsed branches hidden. Is there any way to correct this behavior?

I have never seen this behaviour and do not know how to correct it...

...when I place it inside my own template them menu displays, but each category does not have an arrow after it, this only appears when you click the category, also the flyout only happens when you click the category not when you hover over it?

Does anyone have any idea what i've done wrong? and yes I've included the footer tage in my own template as well. All styles and everything work just great, it seems very strange (I am using STS 4 contrib to make my templates) but each template this system generates still includes footer.php from the OSC includes directory which is the same file I use when it works with thedefault template.

I'm afraid I don't know much about STS. Seems like maybe a path problem to the images, try setting $mid->setImgwww and/or $mid->setIconwww to be relative from the root (i.e. /images with a slash in front). Don't know about the other behavior, maybe other JS in template fighting for control(?)

I would like that only the head title to appear first in my category box.

When this title is clicked or flown, the categories would dropdown and the subcategories after...

Is it possible in your opinion ? Any idea about the method to use ?

I have been working on it for 3 days now and no idea at all about the way to succeed.

Sounds like maybe you just need to change onMouseover behaviour to onClick behavior? Maybe change those in the menu templates?

My category menu is situated in column_right.php and i would really like to use the flyout menu, however it is set for people with their categories on the left of the store.

Is it any easy process to change it so the first submenu comes out towards the left, then the second to the right - basically the opposite to how it is done now?

It does fly opposite when it hits a window border, but I don't know how to do this by default. I think it may have come up before at the PHP Layers Menu forums (upon which DM is based). See: http://phplayersmenu.sourceforge.net/

...when I change the category menu to be WITHOUT the standard infobox surround, my entire website layout gets outta whack.. the main part and right column get displayed beneath the left_column.php. I'm assuming an extraneous <tr> in the format somewhere, but can't find it?

Just a few questions as to changing a few visbility things:

2. how can I 'pad' the menu items so there is more space between category items? (also in the submenus)

An extranneous TR/TD/TABLE tag is likely the issue - osC is a beeatch in that regard... You can twiddle with the $before/after_nobox_html or adjust the opening/closing <tr><td>'s that appear is dm_categories.php, perhaps to try and correct it. Running your site through the W3C validator or loading the outputted page in an editor also might help your to identify the unbalanced code in your template.

Hi, Having DynaMenu Install problems, getting this error:

LayersMenu Error: setHorizontalMenuTpl: file ./includes/functions/dynamenu/templates/layersmenu-horizontal_menu.ihtml does not exist.

It is definately a path problem... You can maybe try adjusting the $mid->setDirroot and/or $mid->setTpldir? (to just '/'. or different path?)

I need to use a contribution such as Dynamenu but I need to be able to integrate it with the "Information" infobox as well as the "Categories" box.

Can this be done.... or are there other solutions I should be looking at?

You can have more more than two dynamenu's on the same page at the same time. If they are the same type and the Info box appears after the category menu, you can basically just make a new category box that calls the necessary classes and reads in the formatted text file for your information links and level (following the format outlined in dm_categories (line 316). You'll want to learn more about which calls are necessary (don't just dupe dm_categories) - see: http://phplayersmenu.sourceforge.net/ You might have to put the require/includes in again - not sure about the scope - and the juicy stuff is around line 168 - just change the categories string to the proper format/URL for your info pages...

1 - The subcategories are being displayed in the footer??? and not next to the menu arrow, can't figure out why.........

2 - I have a link in my header "Products" I wish to mouseOver this link and the categories appear below, I don't wish the categories displayed all the time, can I do this with this contribution.

Thanks in advance.....

1. Dunno - links are always helpful... 2. You could probably just place the Dynamenu output in a hidden DIV and have that show when you mouse over the Products? Or alter the output and levels of Dynamenu - manually insert a top "products" category and have the rest render underneath that...

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

Hi Nate !

Could u be kind enough to help me a little too ? (i have made a copy of that question and paste it just below).

Thanks a lot in advance ? (and thanks again for the good work :) )

Hi all

I am using this contribution and all is gret for me but i want to change a little thing. I don't have an image for each subcategory and i would like to remove the link for each category that is not one of the deepiest level.

My categories:

Category1

------ SubCategory1

------ SubCategory2

Category2

------- SubCategory3

I don't want to be able to clik on a Category so the main page is not showing me the current images for the subcategories. But when i click on a subcategory i want the product listing on the main page for that subcategory.

Any clue on how to do that ? (maybe tha's only a condition to add in hte dm_categories.php file but i am an absolute beginner ....)

Thanks a lot

Guillaume

Hi Nate, thanks for your response...

You missed a couple of questions - perhaps by design :-"

Thanks

Sorry, I tried but I don't understand remotely what you're asking... Maybe someone else can take shot?

In both cases that can be done by tweaking the stylesheet. Dunno what menu style you're using but for fly-out, check out .vertitem a and .vertsubitem a classes in the stylesheet. You can add padding and border attributes in there as appropariate... 'Course the border would appear above/below/around all menu items...

There is actually an unsupported feature for a menu separator. When a link name is read as three minus signs: --- a separator is made with the following class:

.vertsubseparator	{   /* Style for line-separator in vertical menus - Use '---' for Link title to display */
background-color: #ff0000;
border-top: 1px solid #cdcecd;
border-bottom: 1px solid #ffffff;
margin: 2px 0px 2px 0px;	/* top right bottom left */
height: 0px;
font-size: 1px;
line-height: 0px;
}

(and .horizsubseparator for those menu types). I suppose you *could* make empty categories named "---", or tweak the script to generate these separator lines to parse in the appropriate places... (round line 316)

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

Sorry for my bad english.

Let me try one more time :)

Ok. Let's say i have a "Hard Drive" category with 2 subcategories: "Sata" and "ATA". In the categories box when i click on "Hard Drive" the main page (i mean what is not the in the right or in the left column) is refreshed and it shows me the "Sata" and the "AATA" subcategories whith an image for each subcategories

I don't want to be able to click on the "Hard Drive" line (or link if u prefer) but only on the "Sata" and the "Ata" link (ie category with no subcategories). That way the main page is only refreshed when i have the category listing and i don't need an image for each the "sata" and the "Ata" categories.

Hope u can help :)

Thanks a lot anyway

Guillaume

Hi,

first of all thank you for this contribution, it is really useful!!

But I am having some problems, I don't know if the other dynamenu users have the same problem.

Using an horizontal menu in the header, when I pass the mouse over the categories, the drop down menu works fine. When I click in the subcategories shown in the drop down menu, it works. But when I click in the main category, it shows me this error :

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c, categories c left join featured f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '1' and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit 6

Maybe I didn't install it correctly, maybe I missed something ... I don't know. I spent a lot of time trying to fix it but I really can't guess why the DB gives this error.

Does anybody have the same problem? If so, somebody has a solution?

Thanks in advance :)

Ok. Let's say i have a "Hard Drive" category with 2 subcategories: "Sata" and "ATA". In the categories box when i click on "Hard Drive" the main page (i mean what is not the in the right or in the left column) is refreshed and it shows me the "Sata" and the "AATA" subcategories whith an image for each subcategories

I don't want to be able to click on the "Hard Drive" line (or link if u prefer) but only on the "Sata" and the "Ata" link (ie category with no subcategories). That way the main page is only refreshed when i have the category listing and i don't need an image for each the "sata" and the "Ata" categories.

I do not know how you would accomplish that, sorry....

Using an horizontal menu in the header, when I pass the mouse over the categories, the drop down menu works fine. When I click in the subcategories shown in the drop down menu, it works. But when I click in the main category, it shows me this error...

This appears to be related to some other contrib you may have installed. DM generates the category links in the same manner as the standard category menu. Unlikely chance it could be a variable conflict with a global variable and this other contribution...

Again, don't know which menu type, but the DHTML menu table width can be controlled via the style sheet... They are well commented...

Where in the style sheet, I can't find the width of the menu and the color of the border (the border of the submenu is .vertsubframe in the stylesheet but the main menu). Am I blind :blush: Please help me?

Edited by puko

Where in the style sheet, I can't find the width of the menu and the color of the border (the border of the submenu is .vertsubframe in the stylesheet but the main menu). Am I blind :blush: Please help me?

I don't know where the with of the main menu is but the color of the border is:

.verbar { /* Color of main vertical menubar and border */

color: black;

background-color: #f8f8f9;

border: 1px outset #ffffff;

I can't seem to find where I can change the color of the main menu (gray) after it has been clicked. I would also like to move it over a little to the right.

Thanks for the killer contrbution!

Other great Open Source (Free) programs: (Free as in free speech not free beer)

The Gimp - An image program. | Firefox - All you have to do is add the Web Developer add-on to make this web browser complete. | FileZilla - An ftp program. | Inkscape - A good program to create images with. | Thunderbird - An email program. | Openoffice.org - An office suite that is compatible with MS Office. | Abiword - Another office suite. | Audacity - A sound recording tool. | ddp's Picks | Wordpress - An easy to use blogging software. | Joomla - An easy to use CMS that has ecommerce plug-ins. | Drupal - Another CMS

How do I find these programs? Google Search!

Hi again,

i posted a doubt just some lines above, and well if anyone could check in their dynamenu if they have the same error than me, please tell me. Just knowing if someone else has the same error than me would be useful. Like that, I'd know that I did something wrong.

Thank you :)

It's ok I fixed the error with the help of a friend. You have to substitute in featured.php the SQL command for this one other (originally line 35):

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c," . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left outer join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left outer join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);