• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

I don't know how to do this in dynamenu, but the "Category Tabs with Subs" contribution lets you have multiple rows for the categories, and you could also try using the Suckerfish Menu css type menu setup for your categories.

what addons your used? choose menu type from admin version2?

i have problems hace problems installing, in the addons content 3 files:

._DynaMenu SQL.sql.txt

DynaMenu SQL.sql.txt

Choose_menu_type_admin_install.txt <------here instructions content:

Prepositions:

1) You need to have Dynamenu installed <--------- i have installed

2) You need to have "products in Dynamenu" by TracyS (21.2.2007) installed <----- i have problems with install, error the line $_products_in_category_array = $pic->getProductsInCategory($key);

1) Run the included .sql file via PhpMyAdmin <------- i have a upload DynaMenu SQL.sql.txt? rename sql delete txt? or create new table in phpadmin?

and upload the file sql no problems with sql original?

thanks for the reply!!!

http://reforhome.comze.com/osc/ see the dynamenu 1.1 installed, but have problems with diferent browser.

Edited by roneada

I have just installed Dynamenu and am trying to get my drop down menu to look like either one of these - http://www.sweetwater.com/ or - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ but, with limited coding capabilities not sure of what settings to change?

I just dont want it to drop down then fly out but, rather drop down with all links visible if that makes sense ...

Appreciate any replies

Danny

• 1 month later...

I've read through some of these posts and googled the problem too, but I can't find anyone explaining the same problem I'm having.

I'm using the tree menu, and it all works fine in Firefox and Opera, but in Chrome, IE and Safari, although everything initially displays fine, once the menu is extended, it's giving a box as if an image has failed to load. The weird thing being that there isn't meant to be an image there. I expect a bit of code tinkering would fix this, but I could really do with being pointed in the right direction.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any ideas?

Edited by Rubin Remus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using

Enable & Disable Categories (http://www.oscommerc...ntributions,326

) for this template.

seems it can't work correctly.

Would you please help to give your suggestion asap?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise99

$result = tep_db_query('select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c, ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . ' cd where c.categories_status = 1 and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id="' . (int)$languages_id .'" '.$parent_query.'order by sort_order, cd.categories_name');

this will solve your problem

al

Edited by alman

I found depreciated functions for php 5.3

in includes/functions/dynamenu/lib/layersmenu-common.inc.php

2 instances of

$buffer = ereg_replace(chr(13), '', $buffer);

replace

$buffer = preg_replace('/chr(13)/', '', $buffer);

find

$this->tree[$cnt]['parsed_href'] = (preg_replace(' ', '', $this->tree[$cnt]['href']) == '') ? '#' : $this->prependedUrl . $this->tree[$cnt]['href'];

replace with

$this->tree[$cnt]['parsed_href'] = (preg_replace('/\ /', '', $this->tree[$cnt]['href']) == '') ? '#' : $this->prependedUrl . $this->tree[$cnt]['href'];

hope this helps

al

• 1 month later...

I have added categories_link_url to my categories_description table and would like to get data the same way as categories_name, but I can't see how this is done.

Hope someone in here can help :-)

$result = tep_db_query('select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, cd.categories_link_url, c.parent_id from ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c, ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . ' cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id="' . (int)$languages_id .'" '.$parent_query.'order by sort_order, cd.categories_name');

while ($row = tep_db_fetch_array($result)) {

$table[$row['parent_id']][$row['categories_id']] = $row['categories_name'];

$link[$row['parent_id']][$row['categories_id']] = $row['categories_link_url'];

}

$output .= tep_make_cat_dmbranch($rootcatid, $table, 0, $maxlevel);

return $output;

}

// Create the branches off the category list

function tep_make_cat_dmbranch($parcat, $table, $level, $maxlevel) {

global $cPath_array, $menu_use_titles, $menu_icon_file, $divide_subcats, $divide_subcats_text, $pic;

$lvl_adjust = 1;

$list = $table[$parcat];

// Build data for menu

while(list($key,$val) = each($list)){

if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($key, $cPath_array)) {

$this_expanded = '1';

$this_selected = 'dmselected';

} else {

$this_expanded = '';

$this_selected = '';

}

if (!$level) {

unset($GLOBALS['cPath_set']);

$GLOBALS['cPath_set'][0] = $key;

$cPath_new = 'cPath=' . $key;

} else {

$GLOBALS['cPath_set'][$level] = $key;

$cPath_new = 'cPath=' . implode("_", array_slice($GLOBALS['cPath_set'], 0, ($level+1)));

$this_subcat_count++;

}

if ($menu_use_titles) {

$this_title = $val;

} else {

$this_title = '';

}

if ($menu_use_links) {

$this_link = $link;

} else {

$this_link = '';

}

• 10 months later...

Hi all ,

I installed Dm with the "Choose Menu from Admin" attachement.

2 things go wrong i think : 1; the menu doesn´t work (yet) and 2: i get this error code when i try to go in my admin.

Fatal error: Class 'infoBoxHeading' not found in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/boxes/dm_categories.php on line 98

Line 98 in dm-categories.... shows this : new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, false);

What did i do wrong here??

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

@@CrazyCarzCustoms

Well, bad news: the last one who uploaded anything to this addon was me and this was 2,5 years ago

The addon is not compatible with version 2.3.1 and in my eyes it is not worth to convert it. There are more modern solutions available now

What you need is an addon that will convert your categories structure into an unordered list, from there on you can use any css or js on it, there are many tutorilas all over the internet

@@CrazyCarzCustoms

Well, bad news: the last one who uploaded anything to this addon was me and this was 2,5 years ago

The addon is not compatible with version 2.3.1 and in my eyes it is not worth to convert it. There are more modern solutions available now

What you need is an addon that will convert your categories structure into an unordered list, from there on you can use any css or js on it, there are many tutorilas all over the internet

Ah , ok , that explains some things , i used it on a previous website i made , wich was about 2 years ago.........so , now i need to uninstall the whole thingy again..Oh joy ;-)

Thanks very much for the info !

Up to some more modern solutions ;-)

Gr, Rob

• 1 month later...

I am using Dynamenu with a fly out vertical style. I would like to have the expanding folders as well so my customers can see where they are in the sub categories. Is that possible with Dynamenu or is it one or the other?

I am up to coding the PHP if need be but I wonder if it is configurable... Txs in advance!

Edited by steveinjava

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone.

I am confused and require assistance. I'm a newbie to the osCommerce world and additionally DynaMenu. I have downloaded the addon from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4228

But there doesn't seem to be any real instructions. The instructions in the "Choose_menu_type_admin_install.txt" file state:

-------------------------------------------

Prepositions:

1) You need to have Dynamenu installed

2) You need to have "products in Dynamenu" by TracyS (21.2.2007) installed

---------------------------------------------

There are no such addons available on the osCommerce site.

The rest of the instructions seem straight forward, so if someone could please assist me in finding these other two addons, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...