• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

Hey guys and gals...i'm hoping someone can help me out. I've gone through all the code countless number of times for this add on and I still can't get it to work. I've tried changing a couple things around in each php file and still can't get it to work. I guess my first question is, does this add on only work for the standard template? I've made all the necessary changes in footer, stylesheet, column_left, and dm_categories. Any idea where I should start looking? Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide!!

www.gvautosport.com is my website if anyone needs to check it out quickly.

Chris

Edited by ChrisGV

and here's column_left...

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }

echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
 }

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');
 include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
?>

Edited by ChrisGV

Can anyone tell me why or what would cause Dynamenu to stop working when I installed the OSC cache contribution?

Dynamenu works on the home page but if I click on a category, it stops working.

Visit My Website

Thanks, Rickey

Edited by rickeyl

Hi, I just installed this menu in my STS based site and it works a treat (mainly thanks to Bill's excellent instructions on the contribution page!!!)

However it is a bit thin for the left column in my site and could do with being a bit wider, how is this possible - I have scoured the CSS as well as the .php file itself and cant see any reference?

Cheers, Alex

Hi Guys,

I've installed this contribution for vertical fly out menu and it works fine with IE7.0, but it's not working properly in Firefox 3.0. In Firefox all categories has got a very large fonts and the second level with sub categories is visible below the main box with core categories. The problem appears only in Firefox. Enclosed you can find 3 print screens :

a) incorrect view & functionality in Firefox.

B) incorrect view (with second level) & functionality in Firefox.

c) correct view & functionality in IE

I did include it in the column_left file

Anybody have a clue what I might have done wrong?. At the end (after all required modifications) in Firefox I’d like to have the same view of categories as I’ve got in IE7.0

Many Thanks for your help!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Visit My Website

Ok. i installed this contribution with all the corresponding files (because i did want to play with the look) but i am entirely LOST..

I wanted a drop down that was horizontal, but i can not get the sub categories to drop down on hover.. I also have been trying to figure out how apply those templates.. theres nothing in the instructions (that i saw) that tell you how to USE the templates.

ANY help or a push in the right direction is appreciated.

I saw a few people here ask the same question, but did not find any actual answer

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

nevermind, i had the code output a tad different than it should have been..

I had it wrapped in <?php but i had an } in there.. just incase you guys need this answer... if your drop downs/flyouts do not work, it is because your footer code is not correct,.

On another note, HOW do i actually USE a template..

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hi Nate and Other Contributers to this code,

My problem is i need a boxless vertical plain menu, I have got the code working fine but i need to make some changes as follows:-

1/ the categories are color black whereas the subcategories are white and a smaller font.

2/ the structure needs to be right aligned and not left as per the default settings for this.

both of these issues can be solved by some simple new css code i presume, however I'm not aware of the location (or function) that the processed dm_categories.php is sent to be constructed into HTML so i can add the new class names, does anyone know where this is done?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Megalithic1

Hi Nate and Other Contributers to this code,

My problem is i need a boxless vertical plain menu, I have got the code working fine but i need to make some changes as follows:-

1/ the categories are color black whereas the subcategories are white and a smaller font.

2/ the structure needs to be right aligned and not left as per the default settings for this.

both of these issues can be solved by some simple new css code i presume, however I'm not aware of the location (or function) that the processed dm_categories.php is sent to be constructed into HTML so i can add the new class names, does anyone know where this is done?

Thanks in advance

worked this out, had to add an align tag in the .phplmbodytable section of my css file and alter the way the dm style sheet in the includes/functions/dynamenu/templates folder is formed plus a modification to the plainmenu.inc.php file at about line 141 as follows (changes in bold)

for ($cnt=$this->_firstItem[$menu_name]; $cnt<=$this->_lastItem[$menu_name]; $cnt++) {

if ($this->tree[$cnt]['text'] == '---') {

continue; // separators are significant only for layers-based menus

}

$nbsp = '';

$clas = 'phplm';

for ($i=1; $i<$this->tree[$cnt]['level']; $i++) {

$nbsp .= '   ';

$clas = 'phplmsublevel';

}

$t->setVar(array(

'nbsp' => $nbsp,

'href' => $this->tree[$cnt]['parsed_href'],

'title' => $this->tree[$cnt]['parsed_title'],

'target' => $this->tree[$cnt]['parsed_target'],

'text' => $this->tree[$cnt]['parsed_text'],

'clas' => $clas

));

then i added my new classinfo into my css file for a .phplmsubmenu class and altered the template so it added the clas info {clas}

only thing i now have left is how to get the added menu items to show as highlighted (.dmselected) as far as i can tell it'll need a few lines of code to check the url of the current page and use that to compare, anyone have any other way to go about this?

Edited by Megalithic1

This is a most triumphantly excellent contribution, Nate. However, after browsing this whole thread, I still haven't seen a solution to my slight little problem. I have my CSS set to underline links on hover, and when hovering on any category or sub-category, it appears that 6 blank spaces are being added to the end of each name. So, everything looks great and works fine, it just looks funny when mousing over the menu, to have that line running off into, well...space.

Link for reference

I'm a newb, and can't seem to find where to look for (and dispatch) these  s. TIA

Namasté,

Russ

One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

Can you use this contribution in the place of your oscommerce categories box? In column_left.php when I try to change:

} else {

}

to:

} else {

}

nothing happens.

If I change it to just:

It messes my navigation bar up at the top of my site. It scrunches my navigation bar down and over into the far left corner above the categories box. What do I have to do to get it to replace the categories box that's already on my oscommerce site?

I commented out the bit with the original cat box, thus:

/*

} else {

}

*/

then added the dm box with the include line as you indicated. This seemed to get rid of the original cat box, and displayed the dm menu in its place. I didn't notice any changes on other parts of the site as a result. However, I had problems with the dm menu which caused me to forego it, at least for now. Wish I could be of more assistance, and good luck to you.

Namasté,

Russ

One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

I'm trying to use the vertical fly-out menu. When I set $show_dmcats_as_box = false; the menu doesn't work. I've seen in this forum where there is a solution for this if you have STS installed and you can correct it in sts_column_left.php, but I do not have the STS contribution. Is there not another way to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed this add-on (with STS) and it works perfectly, thank you very much !

I had a thought to use this contribution for the complete menu of my store, not just for product categories, ie to include "about us" and "information (faq, shipping etc)

Is this possible?

fixed it I had the replaced the original categories include line with the (DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php'); which worked fine until the cache was enabled so I did some trial and error and replaced if

} else {

}

}

with

and now it works, so thought i`d post my findings here in case someone else as the same problem in the future.

Excellent thought Les - I've just spent the last 3 days trying to work out why my menu's wouldn't work, then I discovered your post from 2 years ago!

Dynamenu problem with another javascript tab menu on the same page

Hi guys, I'm new to all this. I have a small problem: I'm using a javascript tab menu on my product_info.php.html page to display images of the attributs of the products and I have added dynamenu for the category. When the page loads all the tabs stay open until I click on one of them. Looks like javascript used for the tab menu reads a comand from the one used in dynamenu.

Thanks a million for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've set up the menu with STS following Bill Kellum's intructions and all works well in IE, Firefox and Opera but not in Google Chrome!!

Have a look at our development site here it has also messed up the look of the site for the footer links in Chrome.

Has anyone experienced this and have a solution.

Thanks for wonderful contributions.

Mark

Hi

I've set up the menu with STS following Bill Kellum's intructions and all works well in IE, Firefox and Opera but not in Google Chrome!!

Have a look at our development site here it has also messed up the look of the site for the footer links in Chrome.

Has anyone experienced this and have a solution.

Thanks for wonderful contributions.

Mark

Hey Mark ,

Can you please let me know what you did in order to get this modification workable under Firefox?.

In my shop (under Firefox) all categories has got a very large fonts and the second level with sub categories is visible below the main box with core categories. That is of course incorrect .

Please have a look on below print screen here: http://www.bobosklep.pl/Ads/2.JPG

Every think works fine under IE.

Can you help me to sort it out?

My web site is available here ,

many thanks for any support

Hey Mark ,

Can you please let me know what you did in order to get this modification workable under Firefox?.

In my shop (under Firefox) all categories has got a very large fonts and the second level with sub categories is visible below the main box with core categories. That is of course incorrect .

Please have a look on below print screen here: http://www.bobosklep.pl/Ads/2.JPG

I just followed the instructions on the box as I explained in my post, what type of menu are you after, I looked at your site with Firefox and all appeared OK, I looked at the source code to the homepage and could not see any Dynamenu code there so I assume you are using the default oscommerce menu system.

Mark

Hey Mark ,

You do not need to do anything different to get Dynamenu to work with Firefox. The issue is not with the code in Dynamenu but rather your CSS. Try the "out of the box" samples included with Dynamenu to make sure you have installed Dynamenu correctly to begin with.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...