• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Dynamenu" for osCommerce

Did you get the flyouts working now? If so, what did you do?

as for the width of the hover link - you can set a width - for example:

width: 9em;

Remember that if you have a padding set for the left, then the hover color may not start until after the padding ends since the padding is inside of the box ;)

As for moving the submenu a little more to the left, double check to see if you have a margin set for the right side of the main menu as this would cause the submenu to popup wherever that margin ends since margins affect the space outside of the box.

Hope that helps :blush:

I'll give that a try.

I still can't get flyouts to work when custom infoboxes are enabled. To make it work with my template, I just put my infobox html into the main.php.html page instead of using the custom categories infobox.

-Sean

I'll give that a try.

I still can't get flyouts to work when custom infoboxes are enabled. To make it work with my template, I just put my infobox html into the main.php.html page instead of using the custom categories infobox.

-Sean

That makes sense - does that allow the flyouts to work even if you enable custom infoboxes for the other infoboxes?

~Tracy

Hello

That is great. But I have upload all the required files and add the css file on existing stylesheet.css / add the php code on header & footer respectivly.

but it's not working shwing the error plese check http://www.web-sol.us/novatech

please help me for this and also I want to add fanufactorer list also.

Plesae help me for that

thanx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------xxxxxx----------------------------

Erm.. that's just template design with HTML and CSS and is not within the scope of this thread. Maybe surround with <CENTER> tags ;-)

Hello

That is great. But I have upload all the required files and add the css file on existing stylesheet.css / add the php code on header & footer respectivly.

but it's not working shwing the error plese check http://www.web-sol.us/novatech

Plesae help me for that

thanx

Hello

Plesae help me for that

thanx

Looking at your error, my first step would be to re-upload all of the files in the includes/functions/dynamenu folder - making sure you are uploading in ASCII. It would appear that it is not able to find one of the files that should be in a subfolder of that folder :blush:

~Tracy

Nope. Still can't use custom infoboxes for some reason.

That is interesting :huh: You don't have anything setup in custom infoboxes to regulate the dynamenu anymore do you? If nothing in there touches the dynmenu then it shouldn't affect it I wouldn't think :blink:

~Tracy

For combining dynamenu with enable / disable categories contribution, use the following in dm_categories.php for the database query around line 247:

$result = tep_db_query('select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c, ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . ' cd where c.categories_status = 1 and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id="' . (int)$languages_id .'" '.$parent_query.'order by sort_order, cd.categories_name');

That is a syntax error, you just need to recheck your quotes, dots, etc... for proper placement/syntax...

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

It would be great to see dynamenu properly integrated with STS at some point in time :)
Dunno if there's anything to "properly integrate", on DynaMenu's side really... if STS can't display a regular block and echo a $GLOBAL variable in the footer, I'd say it's more an issue with STS.

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

Dunno if there's anything to "properly integrate", on DynaMenu's side really... if STS can't display a regular block and echo a $GLOBAL variable in the footer, I'd say it's more an issue with STS.

There's just that problem with using custom infoboxes. I think it's using dm_categories as well as the regular categories.php.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to use Dynamenu to display my sitemap in the Plain Horizontal menu style - but I need to be able to limit the number of columns to 2 or 3 and then have it start a new row.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know how to setup the template for the Plain Horizontal menu so that this could be done?

Thanks in advance!

~Tracy

I would like to use Dynamenu to display my sitemap in the Plain Horizontal menu style - but I need to be able to limit the number of columns to 2 or 3 and then have it start a new row.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone know how to setup the template for the Plain Horizontal menu so that this could be done?

Thanks in advance!

Another workable option would be the ability to set the style of Parent Categories, Subcategories and Products in the Plain Vertical menu so that it isn't quite so confusing.

Any thoughts?

I tried using the Tree Menu (thought that would be nice depending on the source code for Search Engines) but for some reason the little folders and +/- signs don't line up the way they are supposed to. Any ideas on how to properly line those up so they don't show on top of the text for the category names?

Edited by TracyS

~Tracy

I install de dynamenu in my shop, everthing works perfectly, until i change the mode of the menu, for vertical fly-out when i enter in the site it crashes, if tree menu no problm, only hapeens in IE6 no problems with firefox or IE7.

please help i love the menu i want to use in my shop.

P.S. Sorry my bad english

I install de dynamenu in my shop, everthing works perfectly, until i change the mode of the menu, for vertical fly-out when i enter in the site it crashes, if tree menu no problm, only hapeens in IE6 no problems with firefox or IE7.

please help i love the menu i want to use in my shop.

P.S. Sorry my bad english

Are you getting any error messages in IE6 when the site crashes?

Did you make sure that all the files uploaded correctly? (sometimes a file will corrupt during upload). Especially check the includes/functions/dynamenu folder ;)

~Tracy

vertical align.

I have my horizontal menu on an image background and i want to vertically align the text. i have tried using the vertical-align: middle tag. but have nto been able to get it to work.

any other suggestions or is this correct and am i putting it in the worng place?

vertical align.

I have my horizontal menu on an image background and i want to vertically align the text. i have tried using the vertical-align: middle tag. but have nto been able to get it to work.

any other suggestions or is this correct and am i putting it in the worng place?

If it's not working through the stylesheet I would double check that the ihtml template files don't have the alignment set in the <td> tags.

~Tracy

Im getting 'DOM' is undefined error when using dynamenu.

Im using dynamenu with STS4.4. Basically Im including the menu inside my HTML template using php code. I do echo globals rights before </body>

Im using tree menu, and when page loads I get warning icon in IE7, which when double clicked gives me info, 'DOM' object is undefined on line 248. When I view the source of my page, here is the code...

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--

// bellow line 248, and IE7 complains DOM is undefined.
if ((DOM && !Opera56 && !Konqueror22) || IE4) {
}
if (NS4) alert("Only the accessibility is provided to Netscape 4 on the JavaScript Tree Menu.\nWe *strongly* suggest you to upgrade your browser.");
// -->
</script>

Now, menu works just fine, I just get this script error, thats all. I need to fix this. Please advice.

Edited by banGbro

HELLO

I love this menu, i want to use it as a flyout menu, BUT ...

As a flyout menu it crashes IE6, no problems with IE7 or FIREFOX, or with tree menu

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ...

Tks in advance

I too have been trying to get dynamenu to work with STS 4.3/4 for a while and have run into snags here and there. The author has another solution that seems to be working better, at least for me. Requires more work with CSS than Dynamenu but is working so far. Here's the link:

http://www.natewelch.com/index.php?name=Do...etit&lid=16

Thanks Nate!

There's just that problem with using custom infoboxes. I think it's using dm_categories as well as the regular categories.php.

I am having the same problems as seanlee.

I can get both sts and dynamenu to work together until i try to use a template for info boxes.

Has anyone found the problem with this?

Hopefully somebody has gotten this figured out now :blush:

I have used Mikey's script to include products into my dynamenu so I get something like this:

category 1

subcategory 1_17

Product 1

Product 2

subcategory 1_18

Product 3

Product 4

category 2

etc......

Now I am working on trying to optimize the site and I've found that the query to get the products into the dynamenu produces individual queries for each category_id (like 63 queries per page!!)

So I'm hoping somebody has either found a more optimized way of doing this - or knows enough about PHP and MySQL to help me optimize this.

In my dm_categories.php file I have this:

$output .= str_repeat(".", $level+$lvl_adjust).'|'.$val.'|'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new).'|'.$this_title.'|'.$menu_icon_file.'|'.$this_selected.'|'.$this_expanded."\n";							 
// mikeys product listing
$products_in_category_query = tep_products_in_category($key);

while ($products_in_category = tep_db_fetch_array($products_in_category_query)) {

$product_id_h = 'products_id='.$products_in_category ['product_id'];
$product_name_h = $products_in_category ['product'];

if ($GLOBALS['products_id'] == $products_in_category ['product_id']) {
$that_expanded = '1';
$that_selected = 'dmselected';
} else {
$that_expanded = '';
$that_selected = '';
}

if ($menu_use_titles) {
$that_title = $product_name_h;
} else {
$that_title = '';
}

$output .= str_repeat(".", $level+2).'|'.$product_name_h.'|'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, $product_id_h).'|'.$that_title.'|'.$menu_icon_file.'|'.$that_selected.'|'.$that_expanded."\n";
} //EOF mikeys product listing

And the query for it is in includes/functions/general.php

//for products in Dynamenu
function tep_products_in_category($category_id, $language = '', $include_inactive = false) {

global $languages_id, $customer_group_id;

if (empty($language)) $language = $languages_id;

if ($include_inactive) {
$products_query = tep_db_query("select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '" . $category_id . "' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$language . "' and find_in_set('".$customer_group_id."', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name");
} else {
$products_query = tep_db_query("select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '" . $category_id . "' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$language . "' and find_in_set('".$customer_group_id."', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' AND p.products_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name");
}

return $products_query;
}

While this does work - on a debug output I see this (about 63 times)

[54] => select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN products p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_description pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '1' AND pd.language_id = '1' and find_in_set('0', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' AND p.products_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name

[55] => select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN products p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_description pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '17' AND pd.language_id = '1' and find_in_set('0', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' AND p.products_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name

[56] => select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN products p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_description pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '25' AND pd.language_id = '1' and find_in_set('0', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' AND p.products_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name

[57] => select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN products p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_description pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '29' AND pd.language_id = '1' and find_in_set('0', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' AND p.products_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name

[58] => select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN products p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_description pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '28' AND pd.language_id = '1' and find_in_set('0', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' AND p.products_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name

[59] => select p2c.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_master_status, pd.products_name as product, pd.products_id as product_id from products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN products p USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_description pd USING(products_id) where p2c.categories_id = '30' AND pd.language_id = '1' and find_in_set('0', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 AND p.products_master_status='1' AND p.products_status='1' order by p.products_sort_order asc, pd.products_name

etc... - Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

~Tracy

WOW!

This is a great menu. Thanks.

I had been fumbling with a couple of others for a year, duh.

I highly recommend this one.

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

Hi,

I am new to osCommerce and to Dynamenu.

I have a question - How can I put a vertical space between the categories? Is this best achieved in a css file? If so how can I specifiy a vertical clearance? I am using menu type 4 (Plain Vertical Menu)

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Regards,

Steve