• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Import Error Quickbooks

schlotz

Hello,

i like the idea of importing the invoices into Quickbooks. However i have some problems to import the orders into Quickbooks (I am using Quickbook Pro 2006 for MacOs). THe OSC Version is osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2. I also have installed File Upload .7.

I am not able to export my products to Quickbooks, a asume it is because of the file upload attribute (but i do not understand why). We are testing the shop at the moment so we have only one product with one attribute (file upload). We can accept this situation, so we do not need to export a product to QB.

But the other problem is, that we can not import the orders to QB. I went through all infos here and yes in QB and the QBI we use TAX.

When i try to import in QB i get this error message:

QuickBooks has detected that you have no items or that one or more of your amounts is not associated with an item. Fill in an item or go to the Item list to make sure all items are associated with accounts.

Which should not be because we already have matched QB ITems with the Shop product.

When i ignore the error message i get an other error after each order import:

Error on line 13 (or where the end of an order is: message from me) Can't record invalid message.

Hoever the customer will be then in the QB but not the ballance and order.

I tried to import in QB for Windows, but then we get the following error:

Transaction is not in Balance, make sure the amount is in the detail area on the form of this transaction equal the amount at the top form.

What do i do wrong

Markus

• 9 years later...

Use QuickBooks Recovery for Mac Software

1. ‘Select Files’ you want to repair and recover.

2. Search all QuickBooks files by clicking ‘Search File’ button. Once your search is done, just click twice on the file and scan it.

3. When Scanning is completed, then choose the items you want to recover, get the preview and click “Recover” button.

4. Choose the existing version of QuickBooks you are using and repair QBW files. Click “Start” to begin the process.

5. When done, then QuickBooks Recovery for Mac will restore files on your computer.

The tool features ‘Look In’ and ‘Select File’ sections in main interface. These options will let you select the .QB file. If you know the location, you can use ‘Select File’. Or ‘Look In’ to find out the file in any Mac hard drive volume.

So, enjoy its free trial version first.

Visit: http://www.softmagnat.com/quickbooks-recovery-for-mac.html

Edited by patrickbutlers

• 5 years later...

If you encounter the error "File not imported", follow these steps

Select Review now.
Look for ERROR to see what the problem(s) with the file is.
Correct the errors and Save. Important: If asked if you want to keep the file type, select Yes.
Close the File not imported window.
Import the new, corrected .IIF file.
Save the IIF file on the computer. Then, import it. Here's how:

Go to the File menu, select Utilities then Import then IIF Files.
Select Import IIF.
Locate the file, then select OK.Note: We don't recommend the option Import it for me. I'll fix it later. Since this option bypasses data review, some of the info may not be correct or complete for your books. It also requires that you switch to a single user.
Once the import is successful, you'll see the numbers of lists and transactions imported. Press Done.

I hope this helps!

Tim Paine