• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Coupons

boxtel

In trying to use "Easy Coupon" & "Easy Discount" contributions with Paypal Website Payments Pro, the coupon discount shows during the checkout but doesn't get carried over to the Paypal total.

I have searched and searched and found this as a possible solution but not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Change checkout_process.php. The before_process of the payment modules was being called before calling the order totals modules. I don't think this should cause any side effects, but if anyone else sees a problem with this, feel free to chime in.

In checkout_process.php, change:

CODE

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

to:

CODE

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

The only problem is that when I checkout using a credit card, I get an error:

"(10520) The transaction was refused because the amount totals of the order do not match. Review the amounts of the transaction and resubmit."

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks again

~Mark

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, first I want to congratulate the developer of this module, is fantastic... :)

I have installed this module with sucess, everything works fine, but when I enter a coupon code that doesn't exist or is out of date there should be an error message, but no error is giving to the user.

I find this peace of code in catalog/includes/modules/easy_coupons.php

if (!tep_session_is_registered('couponcode')) tep_session_register('couponcode');

// give message

$messageStack->add_session('cart',EC_PROCESSED,'success');

} else {

// give message

$messageStack->add_session('cart',EC_UNKNOWN,'error');

}

I think $messageStack should be the message error to display in the cart, but nothing happen... Whi??

Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Hi, first I want to congratulate the developer of this module, is fantastic... :)

I have installed this module with sucess, everything works fine, but when I enter a coupon code that doesn't exist or is out of date there should be an error message, but no error is giving to the user.

if (!tep_session_is_registered('couponcode')) tep_session_register('couponcode');

// give message

} else {

// give message

}

I think $messageStack should be the message error to display in the cart, but nothing happen... Whi??

// give message

} else {

// give message

}

you may have to put something like this on the page you put the box on.

if ($messageStack->size('cart') > 0) {

echo '<tr>

<td>' . $messageStack->output('cart') . '</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10') . '</td>

</tr>';

}

Treasurer MFC

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting this message in admin/easy_coupons.php the error is:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1

SELECT *, now() as today from coupons order by id desc limit -10, 10

[TEP STOP]

Anybody know what this means?

Thanks!

Jason

Untitled-1.jpg

Anyone know how to get rid of the "EC_COUPONCODE" icon on my "checkout confirmation" page?

Thanks

~Mark

first you did not include the easy_coupons.php language file or you would see "Your Coupon Code" instead of "EC_COUPONCODE" and second, if you do not want the easy coupon box there, don't include it there.

Treasurer MFC

• 2 weeks later...
I have solved my problems. I just found out that I forgot to install the easy discount in my modules. :blush:

Very thanks to you guys helping me so much. Thank you and Have a nice day !

Regards,

Alvin

hi Amanda , I have some question for my problems :

I have installated Easy Discout and it work fine . I have installated also Grafical Border , and when I install Easy Coupons , I don't know because when I click on the 'CASH IN' , the page refresh ( update ) but I don't see nothing change . If I put a wrong code , I get only a refresh o the page , nothing error and if i Disactive the module in Admin , in shopping cart I can input the coupon code . I read in Easy_coupon_box that if the module is deactived , the inputbox is disabled . I read all posts in this topic and I can thik that we are more friends that have the same problem . I must to have another file ? I read tha Alvinluo have installed ...i don't know what in my modules . I tryed many solution and move in shopping cart the '</form> , andother code , but the resulted is always the same . Don't work . Only refresh page .

I post the final code of the shipping cart :

......</table></td>

</tr>

</form>

<?php

}

?>

<?php

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

include (DIR_WS_MODULES.'easy_coupons_box.php');

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php echo mws_footer (''); ?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

Do you tryed the EasyCoupons with the contribution Grafical Border ? It's possible that this contribution is the cause ?

Best Regards

Eustachio

hi Amanda , I have some question for my problems :

I have installated Easy Discout and it work fine . I have installated also Grafical Border , and when I install Easy Coupons , I don't know because when I click on the 'CASH IN' , the page refresh ( update ) but I don't see nothing change . If I put a wrong code , I get only a refresh of the page , nothing error and if i Disactive the module in Admin , in shopping cart I can input the coupon code . I read in Easy_coupon_box that if the module is deactived , the inputbox is disabled . I read all posts in this topic and I can thik that there are more friends that have the same problem . I must to have another file ? I read that Alvinluo have installed ...i don't know what in my modules . I tryed many solution and move in shopping cart the '</form> , another code , but the resulted is always the same . Don't work . Only refresh page .

I post the final code of the shipping cart :

......</table></td>

</tr>

</form>

<?php

}

?>

<?php

include (DIR_WS_MODULES.'easy_coupons_box.php');

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php echo mws_footer (''); ?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

Do you tryed the EasyCoupons with the contribution Grafical Border ? It's possible that this contribution is the cause ?

Best Regards

Eustachio

Hi , Amanda

there is an error on the file of install . In Easy coupon Box , in this lines i read :

.... </td>

<td align="center" valign="middle" nowrap>

<?php if (EASY_COUPON){

echo tep_draw_password_field('coupon_code1', '', ' size="2.........

But , only now I read on this forum that the line correct is this :

.... </td>

<td align="center" valign="middle" nowrap>

<?php if ($ec_active){

echo tep_draw_password_field('coupon_code1', '', ' size="2.........

Now , if I disactive the module I don't input the code and the gif is gray .

But the button ( when is blue ) refresh always the page , also the code is wrong . I don't see nothing change, or message of error .

In this line , Is the code correct ?

$ec_mf = $ec_config[8]; // discount table value (max/fixed)

$ec_clth = $ec_config[9]; // length of coupon codes in characters

if (MODULE_EASY_DISCOUNT_STATUS == 'true') {

echo 'modulo sconto attivo';

// coupons enabled

if ($ec_active) {

// cart not empty..........

• 2 months later...

Hi Amanda,

Good job with easy discount and easy coupon contributions. I've already installed easy discount and it's working well, now I want to install easy coupon, let's see what happens. I would like to ask you a question. I want to sell gift certificates in my website, is there any way to make easy coupon work like a gift certificate generator? Thanks in advance.

Margarete

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Amanda,

I Installed easy coupons and it works like a charm :thumbsup:

However I wonder if you could help me with configure this thing? I`m using automatic coupon and this is what I want it to do :

1. Create a coupon ONLY if total order value is over 50 Euro.

2. The coupon discount should be 5% and to redeem your next order value must be 50 Euro or more.

How should this be done?

Thanks in advance!

Great module, but...

Everything seems to work on the adminside, but on the shoppingcart page nothing happens when I submit the coupon code. No errors. The sessioncookie for the coupon is not registred. Nothing is displayed, the easy discount is installed, active and is working.

<?php
/*
 $Id: shopping_cart.php,v 1.73 2003/06/09 23:03:56 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require("includes/application_top.php");
 include_once ("includes/functions/easy_discount.php");
//$easy_discount->reset();
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
function session_win2() {
 window.open("<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFO_COUPON); ?>","info_coupon"," height=360,width=700,toolbar=no,statusbar=no,scrollbars=yes").focus();
}
function autotab(original,destination){if (original.getAttribute&&original.value.length==original.getAttribute("maxlength"))destination.focus()}
//--></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, 'action=update_product')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_cart.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
?>
  <tr>
	<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'center',
								'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_REMOVE);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'center',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY);

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => 'right',
								'text' => TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL);

$any_out_of_stock = 0;
$products = $cart->get_products();
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
// Push all attributes information in an array
  if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
	while (list($option, $value) = each($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('id[' . $products[$i]['id'] . '][' . $option . ']', $value);
	  $attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix
								  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " poval, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa
								  where pa.products_id = '" . $products[$i]['id'] . "'
								   and pa.options_id = '" . $option . "'
								   and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id
								   and pa.options_values_id = '" . $value . "'
								   and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id
								   and popt.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
								   and poval.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
	  $attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attributes);

$products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] = $attributes_values['products_options_name'];
	  $products[$i][$option]['options_values_id'] = $value;
	  $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] = $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];
	  $products[$i][$option]['options_values_price'] = $attributes_values['options_values_price'];
	  $products[$i][$option]['price_prefix'] = $attributes_values['price_prefix'];
	}
  }
}

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
  if (($i/2) == floor($i/2)) {
	$info_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');
  } else {
	$info_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
  }

$cur_row = sizeof($info_box_contents) - 1;

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'center',
										 'params' => 'class="productListing-data" valign="top"',
										 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('cart_delete[]', $products[$i]['id']));

$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .
				   '  <tr>' .
				   '	<td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .
				   '	<td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

if (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') {
	$stock_check = tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity']);
	if (tep_not_null($stock_check)) {
	  $any_out_of_stock = 1;

$products_name .= $stock_check;
	}
  }

if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
	reset($products[$i]['attributes']);
	while (list($option, $value) = each($products[$i]['attributes'])) {
	  $products_name .= '<br><small><i> - ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $products[$i][$option]['products_options_values_name'] . '</i></small>';
	}
  }

$products_name .= '	</td>' .
					'  </tr>' .
					'</table>';

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
										 'text' => $products_name);

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'center',
										 'text' => tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']));

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'right',
										 'text' => '<b>' . $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']) . '</b>');
}

new productListingBox($info_box_contents);
?>
	</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td align="right" class="main"><b><?php echo SUB_TITLE_SUB_TOTAL; ?> <?php echo $currencies->format($cart->show_total()); ?></b></td>
  </tr>
<?php

if ($easy_discount->count() > 0) {
 echo easy_discount_display();
 echo '<tr><td align="right">'.SUB_TITLE_TOTAL.'</td><td align="right">'.$currencies->format(($cart->show_total() - $easy_discount->total())).'</td></tr>';
} 

if ($any_out_of_stock == 1) {
  if (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'true') {
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><?php echo OUT_OF_STOCK_CAN_CHECKOUT; ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
  } else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><?php echo OUT_OF_STOCK_CANT_CHECKOUT; ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
  }
}
?>
  <?php
// minimum order total
if ($cart->show_total() < MIN_ORDER_AMOUNT)
{
if  ($_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'] == '0')
{
?>
  <tr>
	<td class="stockWarning" align="center"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_ORDER_UNDER_MIN_AMOUNT, $currencies->format(MIN_ORDER_AMOUNT)); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
}}
?>
  <tr>
  </tr>

<tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE_CART); ?></td>

<?php
$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
?>
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
}
?>
			<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>

</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
  <tr>
	<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
	  <tr class="infoBoxContents">
		<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  </form>
<?php
 }
?>

<?php include (DIR_WS_MODULES.'easy_coupons_box.php'); ?>
</table>

</td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

First of all, I congratulate the author of this great mod but I've got the same trouble than mikkeX

Installation seems correct - no error but when I submit a code nothing happens :( um... actually something happens and seems like a reload of the page but the discount doesn't appear in cart (I've got the addon) and nothing happens in the checkout process :'(

I've installed Easy Discount v2.0 and Easy Coupons v3.0

Help Please Help

Thx in advance !

Forget my prob I had installed the V3.1 which contains corrupted files.

Everything works well

Thanks a lot for this great mod ;)

Edited by exocom2

I love this mod, many thanks to the author for creating it! :D

For those who want to integrated this contribution better into their checkout-pages, it's simple:

Open includes\modules\easy_coupons_box.php

Remove <?php echo tep_draw_form('coupon', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), '', $request_type)); ?>

And </form>

This means you can place it wherever you want in the pages, without having to worry about the existing form (that in fact stretches over the entire page).

:)

Installed latest version of easy discounts and easy coupons per instructions. Neither seems to work.

1) Easy Discount shows up in admin, do not know how to add a discount to show in catalog

2) Coupon Code box shows up but only seems to refresh the page. Shows all admin controls in tools fine.

Edited by wolfspyryt

Installed latest version of easy discounts and easy coupons per instructions. Neither seems to work.

1) Easy Discount shows up in admin, do not know how to add a discount to show in catalog

2) Coupon Code box shows up but only seems to refresh the page. Shows all admin controls in tools fine.

Fixed so that it will show a discount for "Easy Discount" but still cannot get the coupon code to work.

I want a coupon code that dis reusable unlimited times by unlimited people.

Edited by wolfspyryt

Fixed so that it will show a discount for "Easy Discount" but still cannot get the coupon code to work.

I want a coupon code that dis reusable unlimited times by unlimited people.

Installed the latest version proposed by boxtel ;)

The v3.1 contains corrupted files. Nevertheless, I think coupons can be used only once, I didn't test all possibilities of this mod

Hey Amanda,

How can I do to make a coupon valid for several used during one or two weeks ?

I mean, I'd like to propose some codes by newsletter so all customers who recieve the newsletter can be used the same coupon during the time I entered on admin panel. I'd like to do this for some codes but not all.

Thx for your reply in advance ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I can't make Easy Coupons to work:

The admin side work great but when a code is submitted nothing works.

I include the coupon box OUUTSIDE the cart's <form></form> tags.

I installed Easy Discount

I put th totalization modules in the recommended order

Still nothing happens.

I think the problem is that the url of the coupon form is exactly the same i'm on. No &action= or someting like that changes.

I repeat, I call the box outside form tags but nothing happens. I tried on shoppingcart.php and checkout_confirmation.php .

I have STS4... could that be interferring?

Is there a "manual" way in which I could generate the action URL for the coupon form?

I have to say, the admin does have a few broken link images I had to manually do/place