• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Coupons

boxtel

Like this, right?

/* // set the current coupon code to used if it was used

if (tep_session_is_registered('couponcode')) tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_COUPONS . " set used = 1, orders_id_used = ".$insert_id." where code = '".$couponcode['code']."'"); */

Cool!

Thank you!

Man, I love this contrib!

~Mark

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great contribution!

One question: I've your default configuration for V3 easy coupon (1000;2;10000;5;20000;8;40000;10;50000;15;100000;20;1000000;25) on discount.

"percentage - maximum value"

What it mean?

Please, give me more clear instruction to use your contribution as well.

Best regards

Great contribution!

One question: I've your default configuration for V3 easy coupon (1000;2;10000;5;20000;8;40000;10;50000;15;100000;20;1000000;25) on discount.

"percentage - maximum value"

What it mean?

Please, give me more clear instruction to use your contribution as well.

Best regards

well, that table string is in the format of [ordervalue][discount]

the discount can be a percentage or a money discount.

the discount values can be either fixed or a maximum.

using your table:

if the current order value = 40000 default currency

percentage-fixed value -> new coupon discount = 10%

percentage-maximum value -> new coupon discount is random between 1% and 10%

Money-fixed value -> new coupon discount = 10 default currency

Money-maximum value -> new coupon discount = random between 1 and 10 default currency

so the maximum value will generate a random value between 1 and the discount value.

Maximum value: the higher the current order value the higher the chance of obtaining a higher discount.

Fixed value: the higher the current order value the higher the discount.

Treasurer MFC

OK

first: How can I add 0,5% to percentage-fixed value?

second: can I add discount code manually, to give one my specially customer?

you actually want to give your customer a coupon worth 0.5% ?

you just add 100;0.5 in there.

which means if the current order value is <= 100 then they obtain a coupon of 0.5%

you can always add a coupon code manually, as many as you like.

But eventhough you can add a coupon with value 0.5%, the system will display it as 1% as it is rounded to 0 decimals in the display. This was done so that the percentages show as 1% instead of 1.00%

Treasurer MFC

It's all right! Good!

I've not seen the insert button :-(

question: it's not possible send an email to customer to inform that their coupon code is still valid until ... (x days)

its because I use the button called "insert.gif" but the default osc button is called "button_insert.gif".

So you can either change the code to use the default button or copy the "button_insert.gif" image to "insert.gif".

you can send as many emails to your customers as you like.

Automatically generated coupons are linked to the order which created them but manually entered coupons are not linked to anything, not an order and not a customer. So you will have to decide who you make that coupon code public to and how.

Treasurer MFC

I tought: add to footer order email, near coupon code, the end date of discount code.

And I tought: in admin coupon add a button to send customer email to remember end date of their discount coupon.

It's possible?

I tought: add to footer order email, near coupon code, the end date of discount code.

And I tought: in admin coupon add a button to send customer email to remember end date of their discount coupon.

It's possible?

Remigio,

you know that everything (within reason) is possible.

to add the expiration date to the order confirmation email you would simply extend the code in checkout_process.php

it says now :

if ($ec_email) {

$email_order .=

'Your Coupon Code : '.$new_couponcode."\n\n".'(Use this code during your next purchase to receive a nice discount)'."\n\n";

}

you could alter that to:

if ($ec_email) {

$email_order .=

'Your Coupon Code : '.$new_couponcode."\n\n".'(Use this code during your next purchase to receive a nice discount)'."\n\n";

if ($ec_expire) {

$email_order .=

'This Coupon will expire in '. $ec_days . ' Days' . "\n\n";

}

}

to email a customer from admin, I would have to take a closer look, maybe the next release.

I have some changes lined up for a new release like : unlimited use, minimum order value for automatic coupon generation, etc. So I might as well take this into it as well. If you have more good ideas, just let me know and I will include it into V4

Treasurer MFC

A little suggestion: I'm seeing a product page, when I login by login box, osc take me to index page. Instead I would to stay on the same page before I login.

Why this? It's normal?

what are you babbling about?

Treasurer MFC

This is my question: when I see a product info page, and then I login, osc jump me to index page; instead I would remain on the product info page.

(Excuse if my english is not perfect)

yes, I understand what you are saying, I just don't have a clue as to what it has to do with Easy Coupons.

Treasurer MFC

yes, I understand what you are saying, I just don't have a clue as to what it has to do with Easy Coupons.

Nothing. It was a simply question.

If I have more ideas to enhance Easy coupons, I write to you in this thread.

Best regards

Nothing. It was a simply question.

If I have more ideas to enhance Easy coupons, I write to you in this thread.

Best regards

Ah, then just say it is a general question so I know what you mean, context-wise.

Generally the returning to a page with login in between is handled via the navigation class.

So you set a snapshot using that class and when you finish login, you are redirected back to that snapshot, wherever it was. But you need to set that snapshot. I believe it is done in tell a friend and pages like that which "require" a login first.

Treasurer MFC

Got another problem.

The discount shows up just fine during checkout but when the acutal payment is processed through Webpayment Pro - the discount disappears and the full amount is charged.

I have received orders for a couple of days and just noticed...man, this creates a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

on admin easy coupon, I see the end date of coupon in the yyyy-mm-dd format; instead (Italian format) I would dd-mm-yyyy format.

ah, I know italian icecream but was not aware of italian date formats.

Treasurer MFC

Got another problem.

The discount shows up just fine during checkout but when the acutal payment is processed through Webpayment Pro - the discount disappears and the full amount is charged.

I have received orders for a couple of days and just noticed...man, this creates a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

what is webpayment pro?

Treasurer MFC

Paypal Website Payments Pro (credit card processing)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,paypal

well, I guess this may be a first indication:

WARNING: This module may conflict with other modules or any modifications you have made to your OSCommerce checkout. PLEASE BACK UP YOUR DATABASE AND ALL FILES IN THE /catalog DIRECTORY.

Treasurer MFC