• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Coupons

boxtel

well, basically every coupon can only be used once as it is related to the order on which it was used.

Still, you can make all coupons last forever until you yourself set the coupon to used in admin or the end date is reached if you have set one.

You can do this by commenting out this code in checkout_process.php which normally sets the used coupon to used.

// set the current coupon code to used

if (tep_session_is_registered('couponcode')) tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_COUPONS . " set used = 1, orders_id_used = ".$insert_id." where code = '".$couponcode['code']."'");

but remember that without this you will have no tracking in easy coupons on who used the coupon and how many times.

Thanks Amanda. Do basically, if i have automatic coupon set to on - customers can use the code they get a number of times?

Is it possible to set automatic codes to used=true etc... and manual codes set to used=false? Would this be a future update?

Cheers!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Echolalia,

I bought that template. I have tried using STS to create my own template and ended up giving up. Hehe..

Is laubarnes.com belongs to you ? The pictures there very nice. Looks like you are a photographer huh ? hehe.. I have a question to ask you. I am planning to buy Sony T30 and Canon 800. Which one do you recommend me to buy?

Thanks Amanda. Do basically, if i have automatic coupon set to on - customers can use the code they get a number of times?

Is it possible to set automatic codes to used=true etc... and manual codes set to used=false? Would this be a future update?

Cheers!

no, the only difference between manual and automatic is that automatic will generate a new coupon whenever a customer confirms an order with a value based on the current order value and your discount table and it attaches the order number which issued it to the coupon so the system knows what coupon to print on which slip/invoice.

In manual mode it does not do that.

The handling of the coupons though is the same except that manual coupons are not printed anywhere (no issuing order to go by), you will have to communicate them yourself via email/radio/etc.

the code above sets a coupon to used when that coupon is used on the order and coupons marked as used cannot be used anymore unless you unmark it in admin.

By commenting out that line, no coupon is marked used when used and as such is available to many until you set it to used in admin or its end date is reached if you have set an end date to it.

Treasurer MFC

no, the only difference between manual and automatic is that automatic will generate a new coupon whenever a customer confirms an order with a value based on the current order value and your discount table and it attaches the order number which issued it to the coupon so the system knows what coupon to print on which slip/invoice.

In manual mode it does not do that.

The handling of the coupons though is the same except that manual coupons are not printed anywhere (no issuing order to go by), you will have to communicate them yourself via email/radio/etc.

the code above sets a coupon to used when that coupon is used on the order and coupons marked as used cannot be used anymore unless you unmark it in admin.

By commenting out that line, no coupon is marked used when used and as such is available to many until you set it to used in admin or its end date is reached if you have set an end date to it.

Thanks Amanda!

The coupon code is a big help and going to be a big asset to the website.

Hi Amanda,

I am interest on your contributions :Easy Discount & Easy Coupons but NOT sure How to instal in the SQL side :

" ** Installation **

SQL SIDE

1)perform the easy_coupons.sql

(the configuration entry is performed by the admin module iself) "

Could you please give me more steps throught instructions !!

Or anyone help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Lam

Hi Amanda,

I am interest on your contributions :Easy Discount & Easy Coupons but NOT sure How to instal in the SQL side :

" ** Installation **

SQL SIDE

(the configuration entry is performed by the admin module iself) "

Could you please give me more steps throught instructions !!

Or anyone help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Lam

Welcome Lam,

Do you have any access to your SQL database, with myphpadmin or any simular database editors?

Welcome Lam,

Do you have any access to your SQL database, with myphpadmin or any simular database editors?

Hi Echolalia,

Yes, I can get into mySQL via the hosting server but I 've never touch this thing before.

I think with your easy to follow instruction I could do it.

Please instruct me what to do next.

Thanks for your kind,

Lam

To all those that came before me:

I tried installing this module a couple of months ago but gave up because the coupon codes were not being applied. I am ready to give it a new go but wanted tips from others that have successfully installed this. Do I simply follow the instructions in easy discount, easy discount add-on for shopping cart, and of course easy coupons and everything should work or is there something else I need to do?

Welcome Lam,

Hi Echolalia,

I could get into the Database : PHPMyAdmin from the database server.

Please instruct me the next steps to perfom the installation for the easy discount/ coupons

as wel as the Configuration Cache .

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Lam Pham

my osc store : www.classicchain.com

To all those that came before me:

I tried installing this module a couple of months ago but gave up because the coupon codes were not being applied. I am ready to give it a new go but wanted tips from others that have successfully installed this. Do I simply follow the instructions in easy discount, easy discount add-on for shopping cart, and of course easy coupons and everything should work or is there something else I need to do?

I had the same problem with you jonbucs, and it took me a while to work out here i was going wrong. In the installation files, you have a directory called "addon_shopping_cart" and "addon_shopping_cart_box". These addon are a MUST to get the coupon up and running!

after installing the mod on one of my testing sites, i couldnt work out what went wrong.

a few tips include:

In admin > Modules > Order Total

Try changing the following settings to:

Easy Discount 2

Shipping 3

Sub-Total 1

Tax 4

Total 5

Also make sure you have installed the add-ons to the easy discount mod!

--

Lam, sorry its taken me a bit to get back to you. I'll help you out in a bit - our server was down during the weekend so once i get access to it, ill tell you what u need to do.

I had the same problem with you jonbucs, and it took me a while to work out here i was going wrong. In the installation files, you have a directory called "addon_shopping_cart" and "addon_shopping_cart_box". These addon are a MUST to get the coupon up and running!

after installing the mod on one of my testing sites, i couldnt work out what went wrong.

a few tips include:

Easy Discount 2

Shipping 3

Sub-Total 1

Tax 4

Total 5

--

Lam, sorry its taken me a bit to get back to you. I'll help you out in a bit - our server was down during the weekend so once i get access to it, ill tell you what u need to do.

Hi Echolalia

Thanks for your kind respond.

I will wait till your time vailable to help me out.

Kind regards,

Lam

a few tips include:

Easy Discount 2

Shipping 3

Sub-Total 1

Tax 4

Total 5

--

you have a directory called "addon_shopping_cart" and "addon_shopping_cart_box". These addon are a MUST to get the coupon up and running!

They are not a must to get the coupon up and running, they only facilitate that you can see all discounts applied via easy discount in the shopping cart and its boxed equivilent rather than only at checkout confirmation.

Treasurer MFC

Hello all.

I have a question for those who are using this mod.

I want to incorporate a coupon code into the checkout procedure but I just want a simple coupon that I can give out for people to use to get the discount.

Then when I want, I can delete the coupon and provide a new one.

Does this mod do this?

Thanks a TON!

~Mark

Hello,

I've installed the Easy Discount module and the Easy Coupon module, but when I enter to the index of my shop it shows an error for Line 72 of easy_coupons_code.php ( $easy_discount->clear('COUPON'); ), it says that this function doesn't exist.

And in the admin/easy_coupons.php the error is:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1

SELECT *, now() as today from coupons order by id desc limit -10, 10

[TEP STOP]

Why can be this?

Hi Echolalia

Thanks for your kind respond.

I will wait till your time vailable to help me out.

Kind regards,

Lam

Hello Lam,

I hope these steps work. I assume you know how to open and load myPHPadmin.

• Once open you will see a list of options on in the main window, in the MySQL banner click "Databases"
  • Under the banner Database click on your database name (ie: db-oscomm)
  • A list of all the tables in the SQL database will now be displayed. at the top of this list you want to click "SQL"
  • In the new screen, you need to upload the .sql file located in Easy Coupon (coupons.sql). Under 'Location of the text file' you need to Browse for the file, select Auto Detect and press go.
  • Your SQL syntax has been uploaded

Let me know if those instructions are too confused / don't work.

Hi and great contribution...if I could only get it working.

I get this error message...

Warning: main(/mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalogincludes/classes/discount_coupon.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalogincludes/classes/discount_coupon.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 13

I have read all the posts and I can't find what I have done wrong...the coupon shows up in the store.

They funny thing (actually not so funny) is that I noticed that there is no foward slash between words catalog and includes...This error happens when I click "check out" from Cart contents page.

Thank you so very much. (I do have the easy discount also setup and running)

Hi and great contribution...if I could only get it working.

I get this error message...

Warning: main(/mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalogincludes/classes/discount_coupon.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalogincludes/classes/discount_coupon.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0511/d24/s03/a000ouii/www/european-usa.com/shopping/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 13

I have read all the posts and I can't find what I have done wrong...the coupon shows up in the store.

They funny thing (actually not so funny) is that I noticed that there is no foward slash between words catalog and includes...This error happens when I click "check out" from Cart contents page.

Thank you so very much. (I do have the easy discount also setup and running)

easy coupons does not use a class called discount_coupon.php nor does it use a separate order total module called ot_discount_coupon.php.

easy coupons uses the easy discount facility for its discount display and processing.

Treasurer MFC

Hello all.

I have a question for those who are using this mod.

I want to incorporate a coupon code into the checkout procedure but I just want a simple coupon that I can give out for people to use to get the discount.

Then when I want, I can delete the coupon and provide a new one.

Does this mod do this?

Thanks a TON!

~Mark

The newest version of the Mod does everything you are hoping for! The code can be 4+ characters and can be changed etc... via the mod.

Hi,

I've installed the contrib, but when I get to checkout_payment.php and click "Continue", the next page is blank. It's blank whether I enter a coupon or not. Also, I removed all coupons, and didn't enter one, still blank. The only way to fix my e-com is by disabling the module in the admin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

The newest version of the Mod does everything you are hoping for! The code can be 4+ characters and can be changed etc... via the mod.

I downloaded it and am willing to install.

One quick question though. What exactly does this mean in the instructions?

SQL SIDE

(the configuration entry is performed by the admin module iself)

TIA!

~Mark

Hi,

I've installed the contrib, but when I get to checkout_payment.php and click "Continue", the next page is blank. It's blank whether I enter a coupon or not. Also, I removed all coupons, and didn't enter one, still blank. The only way to fix my e-com is by disabling the module in the admin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

you put the coupon box OUTSIDE of the present forms?

Treasurer MFC

I have everything installed EXCEPT for the easy_coupons.SQL

How do I do this part?

I can get into myphp admin through my host but I'm not sure what to do then.

Any suggestions? (I am not familiar with messing with SQL)

Thanks,

~Mark

in phpmyadmin:

1) select your database

2) select the sql tab

3) paste the text from the .sql file in the box or use the browse button to select the .sql file

4) press GO, sit back and watch the magic unfold

Treasurer MFC

in phpmyadmin:

1) select your database

2) select the sql tab

3) paste the text from the .sql file in the box or use the browse button to select the .sql file

4) press GO, sit back and watch the magic unfold

Thanks!

I just ran both sets and here is what I got.

SQL query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS coupons;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

CREATE TABLE coupons(

id int( 11 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

orders_id_issued int( 11 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

orders_id_used int( 11 ) unsigned default NULL ,

code varchar( 19 ) NOT NULL default '',

discount float( 5, 2 ) NOT NULL default '0.00',

TYPE char( 1 ) NOT NULL default 'p',

enddate date default NULL ,

used tinyint( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( id ) ,

KEY code( code, used ) ,

KEY issued( orders_id_issued ) ,

KEY used( orders_id_used )

) TYPE = MYISAM ;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS coupons_a;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

CREATE TABLE coupons_a(

id int( 11 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

orders_id_issued int( 11 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

orders_id_used int( 11 ) unsigned default NULL ,

code char( 19 ) NOT NULL default '',

discount float( 5, 2 ) NOT NULL default '0.00',

TYPE char( 1 ) NOT NULL default 'p',

enddate date default NULL ,

used tinyint( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( id ) ,

KEY code( code, used )

) TYPE = MYISAM ;# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

Here is what is showing up on my main page

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cigarmon/public_html/store/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/cigarmon/public_html/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: main(includes/modules/easy_coupons_code.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cigarmon/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 519

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/easy_coupons_code.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cigarmon/public_html/store/includes/application_top.php on line 519

Thanks!

~Mar

Ok, got it some but this still remains.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cigarmon/public_html/store/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/cigarmon/public_html/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68