• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CanadaPost using Dimensions

flying_kites

We are getting "Item is too large to be packed" for items with dimensions.

From what we understand the dimension limits are 600 * 600 * 200 mm. Our parcels are not bigger than that. Even 1 * 1 * 1 gets this message.

We are not to sure we are getting the correct rates for non-dimension items either.

If we ship something with no dimensions and a weight of 0.05 and a tare of 0.5 we get charged $8.70 for both expedited and regular. In fact we can't get under $8.70 for anything - this seems very high.

We're not sure where to start looking. He had this working on a pervious version of osCommerce.

We are using 216.191.36.73 Port 30000 He has his account

He has taxable turned on but when I turned it off it made no difference to the amount shown

We are getting "Item is too large to be packed" for items with dimensions.

From what we understand the dimension limits are 600 * 600 * 200 mm. Our parcels are not bigger than that. Even 1 * 1 * 1 gets this message.

We are not to sure we are getting the correct rates for non-dimension items either.

If we ship something with no dimensions and a weight of 0.05 and a tare of 0.5 we get charged $8.70 for both expedited and regular. In fact we can't get under $8.70 for anything - this seems very high.

We're not sure where to start looking. He had this working on a pervious version of osCommerce.

We are using 216.191.36.73 Port 30000 He has his account

He has taxable turned on but when I turned it off it made no difference to the amount shown

Not being Canadian, I do not use this.

My guess is that you are not specifying the dimensions or weight correctly. You may have to specify in cm or metres, you need to check with the contrib or with Canada Post.

Try signing in to the SellOnline website and setting up your default box size.

I had this problem when I gave random sizes to my packages (30x20x10 cm) in osC and discovered that I had a default box size of 20x15x10 cm in SellOnline. The system gets too smart for its own good.

You should set up a number of different standard box sizes that you use on the SellOnline site and it will automatically select the appropriate one.

Hope this helps.

-al

• 1 year later...
Try signing in to the SellOnline website and setting up your default box size.

I had this problem when I gave random sizes to my packages (30x20x10 cm) in osC and discovered that I had a default box size of 20x15x10 cm in SellOnline. The system gets too smart for its own good.

You should set up a number of different standard box sizes that you use on the SellOnline site and it will automatically select the appropriate one.

Hope this helps.

-al

what size did you set in osC so that the error message stops to show?