• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes Quantity and Sort (and pics?)

I have been searching thru the contributions for something that will allow me to set a quantity per attribute, and also sort them. I'm dealing with shoes so for example I have 2 pair of size 10, 1 pair of size 11, 1 pair of 12. I need to specify those quantites for inventory purposes and also list them in size order. I'm also trying to find something that will allow me to add more pics of an item. I've found all the individual contributions to address my issues, but I'm not slick enought to install them all and not have them conflict with each other. Any help or advice would be so very appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi-

I'm struggling with exactly the same problems - both of 'em.

Thought I'd give this a bump and also see if you'd figured anythng out.

I'll post if I do find anything.

I imagine that both of these things have ben discussed here, but searches are not giving much. If any vets could point me to a thread somewhere, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks

I have been searching thru the contributions for something that will allow me to set a quantity per attribute, and also sort them. I'm dealing with shoes so for example I have 2 pair of size 10, 1 pair of size 11, 1 pair of 12. I need to specify those quantites for inventory purposes and also list them in size order. I'm also trying to find something that will allow me to add more pics of an item. I've found all the individual contributions to address my issues, but I'm not slick enought to install them all and not have them conflict with each other. Any help or advice would be so very appreciated!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for the same solution to the same problem of Attributes not sorting properly, no matter how you put them in, but all I've really seen is questions and no real solutions.

It's really frusterating to add attributes only to have the code sort them into no real order at all.

• 1 month later...
I've been looking for the same solution to the same problem of Attributes not sorting properly, no matter how you put them in, but all I've really seen is questions and no real solutions.

It's really frusterating to add attributes only to have the code sort them into no real order at all.

Are you looking to sort the attribute values by their id or alphabetically?

I spent ages looking for this too and found that the solution lies in product_info.php (around line 133 in my file):

replace

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

with

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'order by products_options_values_id");

That orders the values by id, to order them by name simply change the last bit to products_options_values_name

and if you use STS then in sts_product_info.php do the same as above (around line 65 in my file)

Hope that helps!

Thanx,

Buesi

Are you looking to sort the attribute values by their id or alphabetically?

I spent ages looking for this too and found that the solution lies in product_info.php (around line 133 in my file):

replace

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

with

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'order by products_options_values_id");

That orders the values by id, to order them by name simply change the last bit to products_options_values_name

and if you use STS then in sts_product_info.php do the same as above (around line 65 in my file)

Hope that helps!

Thanx,

Buesi