• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Urgent Help Needed - Something is wrong with my store

loosefigures

http://www.loosefigures.com/catalog

I need my store to be fully operational in a few days for 2 presentations due at school. Any ways, I been tinkering around and my store just seems to be super slow. Sometimes it will even just pop up as a blank white screen - almost like it times out after 1 second. Also, I noticed that after your first click it already is adding a session ID - is it supposed to do that? Is it a problem on the server? Problem in my coding somewhere? The store is mostly complete except for the shipping modules. I need to get this working really well in the next 2 days. Please take a look around my store and see if you can tell what is wrong.

http://www.loosefigures.com/catalog

I need my store to be fully operational in a few days for 2 presentations due at school. Any ways, I been tinkering around and my store just seems to be super slow. Sometimes it will even just pop up as a blank white screen - almost like it times out after 1 second. Also, I noticed that after your first click it already is adding a session ID - is it supposed to do that? Is it a problem on the server? Problem in my coding somewhere? The store is mostly complete except for the shipping modules. I need to get this working really well in the next 2 days. Please take a look around my store and see if you can tell what is wrong.

The only obvious thing slowing it down is that every figure pic is 20k 10 on screen is 200k... Install Image Magic and setup some lower esolution outputs for thumbnails, doesnt seem that slow however.

Yeah I agree it seems fine right now, but it will start to time out later in the day. The thing times out in 2 seconds or less - its like the pages arent even getting the SQL requests back from the SQL server. I have a request in with my host right now - might end up switching hosts. I did a domain tool search on it and it said that there are 34,000 other pages hosted on the same server. I think the main issue is that when their SQL server is being hit during heavy traffic hours of the day, my SQL intensive site cant get the querries through fast enough.

Also noticed that I have the New Products for the month displayed with each category. I just realized that this slows down the overall site along with the SQL problem. How do I disable the new products box?

Archived