• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Disable Checkout

This is the support thread for the Disable Checkout contribution. It is my first contribution and is fairly simple and straitforward, but if anyone has any questions about it, this is the place.

The contribution will allow you to "lockdown" the purchasing of products on your OSC site by changing a value in the admin. Users are allowed to browse products, create an account, join newsltters, view past orders... just about anything except order products.

You can view this contribution on a site I am working on; http://www.chuggybrand.com. The checkout will only be disabled for a week or two longer, as we plan to make the site live.

This is the support thread for the Disable Checkout contribution. It is my first contribution and is fairly simple and straitforward, but if anyone has any questions about it, this is the place.

The contribution will allow you to "lockdown" the purchasing of products on your OSC site by changing a value in the admin. Users are allowed to browse products, create an account, join newsltters, view past orders... just about anything except order products.

You can view this contribution on a site I am working on; http://www.chuggybrand.com. The checkout will only be disabled for a week or two longer, as we plan to make the site live.

i can get to checkout payment, is that intended?

Treasurer MFC

i can get to checkout payment, is that intended?

The logic to stop the checkout process is in checkout_shipping. If you have any contribs that bypass that part of the checkout process, then you might have to move the logic to other pages.

Paste the logic that you put in checkout_shipping to the top of checkout_payment as well.

The logic to stop the checkout process is in checkout_shipping. If you have any contribs that bypass that part of the checkout process, then you might have to move the logic to other pages.

Paste the logic that you put in checkout_shipping to the top of checkout_payment as well.

No, I mean on your site.

Treasurer MFC

I just noticed that my site listed above had the disable checkout turned off. It's now on.

You still might want to add the logic to other checkout pages to prevent direct access to them.

• 1 year later...

A new version has been uploaded. If a customer visited the site and spent time on making a purchase, he may be a little upset upon reaching the checkout to find the shop was not accepting orders. The main change in this version adds code so that a highlighted section of text is shown on every page.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

That's not really what this contribution is meant for. You may want to take a look at the Down For Maintenance contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...
That's not really what this contribution is meant for. You may want to take a look at the Down For Maintenance contribution.

Jack

Hello

I am wanting to stop people being able to check-out for the next 7 days. I am not familiar with website programming and scared I will do something wrong when changing anything without specific step-by-step instructions. My technical guy is away for the next 4 months but I need this done as soon as possible... I informed my customers that check-out would be disabled today thinking that there was going to be a simple box to tick, or figure to change in admin, but I can see I was very wrong.

I have looked at your contribution and it sounds like what I need. My problem is I do not understand what I need to do- and how do I turn it off when I want to allow check-out again? I am using the time to do a stock-take and add about 12000 products to my website but don't want people to complete check-out for a few days.

Can you please tell me how I find something with a detailed step by step instruction guide to set this up? Or is it possible to find someone to install it quickly for me? Is there some way to pay an Oscommerce Technician or something?

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated.

For an example: 1. run disable_checkout.sql in phpMyAdmin.... how do I run it? where is it? ..... I am a wizz at adding in products, doing general admin things, but programming nope- but i am trying...

Cheers!

Allcraftz

www.allcraftz.com.au

All contributions assume some pre-existing knowledge. The authors know that not everyone will have that knowledge but including detailed instructions would be a lot of extra work for what can be found elsewhere. There are threads here that explain how to upload database changes. Of course, you have to search to find them. It is not a perfect system, by far, but it is the way things currently work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

I tried to run the disable_checkout.sql file and I received the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'', 'Disable Checkout', 'DISABLE_CHECKOUT', 'false', 'select true to disable checkout', '1', '22', NULL , NOW( ) , '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),"

);

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

I'm not sure what to do with this. Ca

Hi,

I tried to run the disable_checkout.sql file and I received the following error:

Try using the following

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) 
VALUES (NULL, 'Disable Checkout', 'DISABLE_CHECKOUT', 'false', 'select true to disable checkout', '1', '22', NULL , NOW( ) , '',  "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");

INSERT INTO configuration  VALUES  (NULL, 'Disable Checkout Message', 'DISABLE_CHECKOUT_MESSAGE', '<b>Down for Maintenance</b><br><br>We will be down for maintenance until February 1st of 2008. Please email us if you have any questions.', 'Text to display in the header', 1,  23, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone just added disable checkout to my site and everything installed ok. I can set disable checkout to true in the admin panel and everything goes fine on the site until i select checkout then i get a error that disable_checkout.php not found what have i done wrong i have copied this file to the includes/languages/english but it does not work. Am i missing something in step 5 of the install instructions

5. Somewhere in catalog/includes/filenames.php insert the following.

(replace checkout_disable.php with the name of your page.)

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_DISABLE', 'checkout_disable.php');

What does this mean the name of my page, if i have uploaded the checkout_disable.php will this not work ?

Hi everyone just added disable checkout to my site and everything installed ok. I can set disable checkout to true in the admin panel and everything goes fine on the site until i select checkout then i get a error that disable_checkout.php not found what have i done wrong i have copied this file to the includes/languages/english but it does not work. Am i missing something in step 5 of the install instructions

5. Somewhere in catalog/includes/filenames.php insert the following.

(replace checkout_disable.php with the name of your page.)

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_DISABLE', 'checkout_disable.php');

What does this mean the name of my page, if i have uploaded the checkout_disable.php will this not work ?

It sounds like you skipped step 4 - Upload the contents of the catalog folder to your catalog folder on your server.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you skipped step 4 - Upload the contents of the catalog folder to your catalog folder on your server.

Ok you where correct i forgot to do step 4, this is done now but when using checkout i get the following displayed:-

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mammot15/public_html/checkout_disable.php on line 37

Warning: require(includes/column_left.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mammot15/public_html/checkout_disable.php on line 37

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/column_left.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mammot15/public_html/checkout_disable.php on line 37

Whats all this about, have i forgot something else ?

Are these errors something to do with the sql as i am not sure if i ran the sql file correctly because my control panel myphpadmin is slightly different from install information i found. I opened myphpadmin then selected the database after which i used the sql tab at the top. After this a window opened but i saw no browse option so i opened the included sql file in notepad and then pasted the text into the box and hit go after which i got a message to say completed, so does this mean the task was completed and if so how can i check that the extra fields where added

Ok you where correct i forgot to do step 4, this is done now but when using checkout i get the following displayed:-

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/column_left.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mammot15/public_html/checkout_disable.php on line 37

Whats all this about, have i forgot something else ?

A "Failed opening required" message means the file listed after it cannot be found on the server. Since, in this case, that file is a stock oscommerce file, you must have deleted it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If what you are saying is that the file includes/column_left.php is the one that i have deleted, then i have checked and it is in fact not there. But i have also checked the download folder of oscommerce 2.3 and it is also not in there so i have not deleted it. Have i a version difference again ?

If what you are saying is that the file includes/column_left.php is the one that i have deleted, then i have checked and it is in fact not there. But i have also checked the download folder of oscommerce 2.3 and it is also not in there so i have not deleted it. Have i a version difference again ?

Oh, you didn't say your shop is version 2.3. This contribution has not been converted to work with 2.3 so you can't use it, without the required edits, of course.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm just in the process of adding this mod, but I'm having trouble finding the text in catalogue/includes/header.php

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
 <tr class="headerNavigation">
   <td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>
<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php  if (!tep_session_is_registered('createaccount')) {echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; } else {echo tep_href_link('account_password_new.php', '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo 'Create Account'; }  ?></a>  |  <?php } else { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN;
?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>  
 </tr>
</table>

I can't see it anywhere!

Here is my header code:

<?php
/*
 $Id: header.php,v 1.42 2003/06/10 18:20:38 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// check if the 'install' directory exists, and warn of its existence
 if (WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE == 'true') {
   if (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install')) {
  $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS, 'warning');   
   }
 }

// check if the configure.php file is writeable
 if (WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE == 'true') {
   if ( (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) && (is_writeable(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) ) {
   $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE, 'warning');   
   }
 }

// check if the session folder is writeable
 if (WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE == 'true') {
   if (STORE_SESSIONS == '') {
     if (!is_dir(tep_session_save_path())) {
       $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
     } elseif (!is_writeable(tep_session_save_path())) {
       $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'warning');
     }
   }
 }

// check session.auto_start is disabled
 if ( (function_exists('ini_get')) && (WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START == 'true') ) {
   if (ini_get('session.auto_start') == '1') {
     $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START, 'warning');
   }
 }

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {
   if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {
     $messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');
   }
 }

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
   echo $messageStack->output('header');
 }
?>
<!-- start -->
<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerError">
   <td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']))); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerInfo">
   <td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']))); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- start -->
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" class="width_table">
<tr><td class="width_td">
	<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" style="height:100%;">
		<tr><td class="row_1">
			<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
				<tr>
					<td class="logo"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php')?>"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'logo.gif')?></a></td>
					<td style="width:100%;">
							<tr><td style="height:81px;padding:31px 0px 0px 0px;">
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="z1">
<tr>
	<td><?php echo BOX_HEADING_SHOPPING_CART;?>  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('shopping_cart.php')?>"><?php echo $cart->count_contents()?> <?php echo BOX_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY?></a></td>
</tr>
</table>
							</td></tr>
							<tr><td class="menu"><div>
						<tr>
<?php          
 switch($tab_sel){
  case 2:
$item_menu_01 = 'id="over_m1" onMouseOut="this.id=\'over_m1\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over2_m1\';"';
$item_menu_02 = 'id="m2" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m2\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m2\';"';
$item_menu_03 = 'id="m3" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m3\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m3\';"';
$item_menu_04 = 'id="m4" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m4\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m4\';"';
$item_menu_05 = 'id="m5" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m5\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m5\';"';
$item_menu_06 = 'id="m6" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m6\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m6\';"';	
break;

case 3:
$item_menu_01 = 'id="m1" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m1\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m1\';"';
$item_menu_02 = 'id="over_m2" onMouseOut="this.id=\'over_m2\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over2_m2\';"';
$item_menu_03 = 'id="m3" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m3\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m3\';"';
$item_menu_04 = 'id="m4" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m4\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m4\';"';
$item_menu_05 = 'id="m5" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m5\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m5\';"';
$item_menu_06 = 'id="m6" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m6\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m6\';"';	
break;

case 4:
$item_menu_01 = 'id="m1" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m1\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m1\';"';
$item_menu_02 = 'id="m2" onMouseOut="this.id=\'m2\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over_m2\';"';
$item_menu_03 = 'id="over_m3" onMouseOut="this.id=\'over_m3\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over2_m3\';"';
break;

case 5:
$item_menu_04 = 'id="over_m4" onMouseOut="this.id=\'over_m4\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over2_m4\';"';
break;

case 6:
$item_menu_05 = 'id="over_m5" onMouseOut="this.id=\'over_m5\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over2_m5\';"';
break;

case 7:
$item_menu_06 = 'id="over_m6" onMouseOut="this.id=\'over_m6\';" onMouseOver="this.id=\'over2_m6\';"';
break;

default:
 }
?>            

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '1'); ?></td>
				<td <?php echo $item_menu_01;?> onClick="document.location='<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php')?>'" nowrap="nowrap"><? printf(BOX_MANUFACTURER_INFO_HOMEPAGE,"")?></td>
				<td class="menu_separator"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'menu_separator.gif')?></td>
				<td <?php echo $item_menu_02;?> onClick="document.location='<?php echo tep_href_link('products_new.php')?>'"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW?></td>
				<td class="menu_separator"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'menu_separator.gif')?></td>
				<td <?php echo $item_menu_03;?> onClick="document.location='<?php echo tep_href_link('specials.php')?>'"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS?></td>

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { 

$acc_link = tep_href_link('account.php');
 $acc_title= HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT;
} else{ 
 $acc_link = tep_href_link('create_account.php');
 $acc_title= HEADER_TITLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT;
} 
?>                        
				<td <?php echo $item_menu_04;?> onClick="document.location='<?php echo $acc_link;?>'" nowrap="nowrap"><?php echo $acc_title;?></td>
<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { 

$login_link = tep_href_link('logoff.php');
 $login_title= HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF;
} else{ 
 $login_link = tep_href_link('login.php');
 $login_title= HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN;
} 
?>                     
				<td <?php echo $item_menu_05;?> onClick="document.location='<?php echo $login_link;?>'"><?php echo $login_title;?></td>
				<td <?php echo $item_menu_06;?> onClick="document.location='<?php echo tep_href_link('contact_us.php')?>'"><?php echo BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT?></td>
				<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '1'); ?></td>
				</tr>
			</table></div>												
							</td></tr>
						</table>
					</td>
				</tr>
			</table>
		</td></tr>
		<tr><td class="row_2">

Any help would be great - can anyone say why mine appears to be different?