• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Main Categories displayed as main text on index.php

keress

I'm hoping there's a contribution that will display the main categories of the catalog, with pictures, in the space usually occupied by the "New Products" infobox, in other words the main, center column of the index.php page. I've looked in the Contributions and didn't see anything. Does anybody know of something like this?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm hoping there's a contribution that will display the main categories of the catalog, with pictures, in the space usually occupied by the "New Products" infobox, in other words the main, center column of the index.php page. I've looked in the Contributions and didn't see anything. Does anybody know of something like this?

Try this

Main Categories in Front Page

And if you do not want the new products box to show at all you should be able to just delete (or comment out) it from the index.php around line 322. Just underneath where you add the main catagories (you'll understand more when you see the read me file in contrib) delete out the following

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>