• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Phone Orders

tfittsy

I've seen a few phone order contributions but none of them quite fit my needs. It seems like you could work everything into just one or two files. One of my shops uses Miva and while I don't like very many things about Miva, it does have a pretty good phone order. I'm looking for something like this...

Main Phone Order Page

This is the main page for taking phone orders. In the Select products box you can enter an item number. If the item number doesn't exist it simply isn't added to the order and you have the option to search, which will bring up this screen. From that screen you can add multiple items by clickign the add checkbox and entering a quantity, then clicking select at the bottom.

A nice feature here would be to adjust stock. Sometimes numbers get off...

Back to the main screen you have shipping and payment options. These ideally will be pulled from your available shipping and payment options that are normally available. Shipping is calculated automatically.

Below that you have the option to add items manually that don't exist in the database. You enter a code, a description, the quantity, price, and opttionally a note. This is helpful for items that aren't on a website but that a customer may ask for and you actually have.

Below that a you enter the customers shipping and (if different) billing information. Then you click update and then process. This will bring you to the final screen. Here you enter the customers credit card information. I don't see a problem putting this on the same screen as the other information but it is probably easier to implement this way. You click place order and the credit card is verified (or whatever your payment option is setup to do) and you are given an order number.

I can't find any contributions that come close to this. I've started work on this and so far have a screen where you can enter customer information in the admin to create an account. I know it's not much, but I've only been working on it for a couple of hours. Please let me know if you're interested in helping to make something like this. I'm sure there are hundreds of shop owners that would appreciate it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
This sounds like a great idea! Any idea how we get started on this?

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I want to add phone orders as suggested here. At present, we're using the Attitude Simple Manual Order Entry contribution which does work well, but only allows you to include items that are already in the catalogue at the set prices. We want to be able to make special bundles of products at special prices.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I want to add phone orders as suggested here. At present, we're using the Attitude Simple Manual Order Entry contribution which does work well, but only allows you to include items that are already in the catalogue at the set prices. We want to be able to make special bundles of products at special prices.

I was able to adapt the MOECTOE order entry to work for my shop. The modification allows us to process credit card orders when we are finished with the order. I plan to allow a line item entry by just typing the item number and the quantity but haven't gotten around to that yet.

I actually had a phone order installation for a company I used to work for and it worked great. It was a separate installation of another store that used the same backend database in conjunction with my Multi-Stores contrib. I.e. 1 store was the www store and 2nd store was the internal store that allowed you to effectively search for the customer in the admin area and log into a store as them (without knowing their password) and go through the order process (just like they would if they had a computer) all while you were on the phone. I took much of the eye candy and options for use on a internet store, and it worked great. As the salesperson, you could add multiple items all from the same page by adjusting the quantities from 0 to the amount and entering a lot of products all with one click instead of "add to cart" for each item the phone customer wanted -- saving a lot of time. If anyone is interested in this and would like to take the code and run with it please PM me.

As the salesperson, you could add multiple items all from the same page by adjusting the quantities from 0 to the amount and entering a lot of products all with one click instead of "add to cart" for each item the phone customer wanted -- saving a lot of time. If anyone is interested in this and would like to take the code and run with it please PM me.

The problem is two-fold for this application:

1. Ths store has about 2,000 items, but customers phone up and want items that aren't listed, or want combinations that aren't listed, so you can't pick them from the listed items.

2. The online store has lower prices than the high street showroom. It would save a lot of back office work to be able to process the shop sales throught the online system, but there's no way to add the shop overheads markup.