• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1st osC website

My first osc store and first real experiences of php & mysql programming is now live.

Your comments would be invaluable to me specifically things like:

Colour scheme,

Ease of finding products,

Layout,

Descriptions,

Images.

Please note this is a live store so please don't place any orders unless you find something you like :)

A quick word of warning - this site sells lingerie & adult toys so although there is none of the images are excessively graphic if you are easily offended then you have been warned!

The site is at http://www.perfectpassion.co.uk/shop/index.php

I await your thoughts!

Tom

but for the change in css, it is just stock....

try using a template, yours is very basic osC

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I think your site is just fine overall. Product images load quickly. Layout is simple, concise, easy to find stuff. I like your contact us page.

Just remember you're never done designing. There are always hidden things that need tweaking. Best of luck to ya!

My first osc store and first real experiences of php & mysql programming is now live.

Your comments would be invaluable to me specifically things like:

Colour scheme,

Ease of finding products,

Layout,

Descriptions,

Images.

Please note this is a live store so please don't place any orders unless you find something you like :)

A quick word of warning - this site sells lingerie & adult toys so although there is none of the images are excessively graphic if you are easily offended then you have been warned!

The site is at http://www.perfectpassion.co.uk/shop/index.php

I await your thoughts!

Tom

I am still new to osc and although alot of the comments you may (and have) receive will tell you to change from the stock design - I like the osc look and I think you site is clear and easy to navigate.

My only comments on the look is perhaps a colour inside the info boxes in a co-ordinating colour rather than white may make is look a bit more "designed".

Change the colour of the footer to match the other heading colour - maroon/burgundy.

Perhaps change the wording in the Welcome Guest etc and create an account. This can be change to whatever you want and is your way of enticing people to shop with you so perhaps make it a bit more personal.

Now for some help for me...... what contribution did you use for the "contact us" page. I have looked at them but I think a couple of the comments were that it caused problems. Did you do it yourself? Was it easy?

Good luck with your site

:)

great looking site!

I had one some years ago using osc and it took off within 2 months with google - the all products contribution helped enourmousely and i see you ahve it

Good luck

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

I noticed the click to enlarge image opens a window which is very small. User must then resize the image to see the picture. Not that I was looking though!!

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Thanks for all your comments - greatly recieved.

I've change the footer and infobox color and fixed the popup image sizing issue.

The contact us contrib I used is: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,contact

I'm going to work on some of the stansard texts. I'm aware that it looks quite stock but personally I don't think that necessarily a bad thing. I think that with some css changes to personalise the stock can go a long way and often give better results than some of the big professional sites oiut there, but there are some excellent custom templates.

Your comments have been great so far - please keep them coming!

Tom

Many Thanks for the info on the Contact Us. The contribution I was looking at was much more complicated but this one suits my purpose and was really easy to install.

Cheers

:)

Archived