• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

jcss menu by devosc

muskokee

Hi, I have installed this contribution (FABULOUS! :thumbsup: ) ...thank you devosc :D

Is there a way to keep the selected <a> class even after hovering? Right now, the menu shows the path beautifully when you attempt to navigate again...but as soon as mouseout occurs the selected path disappears.

Thanks for your time :)

Sheri

Is there a way to keep the selected <a> class even after hovering? Right now, the menu shows the path beautifully when you attempt to navigate again...but as soon as mouseout occurs the selected path disappears.

UPDATE

I inserted this class change into the css file:

.jcssMenu a.selected { font-weight: bold; background: #888; color: #ffffff;}

.jcssMenu a:hover.selected{ font-weight: bold; background: #888; color: #ffffff;}

This works when javascript is turned off. The path remains highlighted as gray through the whole path.

When Javascript is on...no go.

Sheri

When Javascript is on...no go.

So, I have abandoned trying to sort out the "selected" class. Javascript is not my thing.

If you are around devosc I have an issue with IE that might require some easy adjustment to the script.

What's happening is the menu is "jumping" to the right about 3px when you mouseover. On window refresh or action it realigns it self on the left.

Thanks for your time.

Sheri

Try width = 70px, that sorted it for me

Thanks Skylla. I do have the menu set at 70px. The menu width was an issue in the beginning but that was solved by changing it to 70px. Why IE has it "jumping" is beyond me. If it jumped while hovering and then slid back to it's original position then I could see that it was a hover or mouseover issue....but this darn thing jumps on hover and STAYS in the new position until page refresh, when it again cosies up to the left margin.

I am completely stumped. IE AGAIN!!! What a beast.

Sheri

• 3 months later...

Has any one managed to add sections to this menu out side of the categories?

i have a site that beyond products also sell services. the nature of which is such that i cant / wont add them to the categories. i want to add a SERVICES section for jcss menu that i would be able to populate with a few of my services. how do i add regular links to this menu ? can any one help ?

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?