• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce 2.2 and HTC 2.5.8 no product titles problem

mcpalmer

Has anyone else had a problem with no product title appearing when adding a new product? I will add a product and fill out all the information for it but both in admin and catalog itself the title/name of the product will come up blank. Can anyone point me to a part of site code that could be responsible for this or give me some advice on how to fix it? thanks

The most likely reason is that a mistake was made in the installation on the admin/categories.php file. Try using the one from the contribution to see if the problem clears up.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No it didn't work, i think i'll have to try a clean install

This is really doing my head in now! I did a clean install and exactly the same thing has happened - everything else seems to work fine except when i add a new product, the title does not get set, its just blank, the description is there and so is any uploaded images but the title is blank. Adding a category is fine, its just adding a product that causes this. I've double checked the installation process and cannot see anything wrong so what's going on? What code is responsible for assigning typed input? Is my database incorrect? HELP! Argggghhh!

I just checked the database - when i add a new product, the product name is not getting added to the new entry but the product description/images are. This must be why the product details are displayed but name is not. Any ideas why the product name is not getting added?

There's a mistake in the categories.php file included with the contribution. I have posted the corrected file in the support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons