• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Minimum Order Quantity with Admin

I'm having a few problems with this contrib - namely in admin when I set the min order to 5 it is not saving the new minimum order. If I return to edit the product, min order is again at 1.

Any help please?

I should add that what I'm actually trying to do is use this with Master Products. I'm trying to make the customer buy 5 slave products of the master product before they can checkout.

Can I infact do that with this contribution?

I'm having a few problems with this contrib - namely in admin when I set the min order to 5 it is not saving the new minimum order. If I return to edit the product, min order is again at 1.

Any help please?

you must execute all the steps carefully, from the 1 to the 19,

please, check your changes in the files and the DB.

There are only 10 types of people in the world:

those who understand binary and those who don't.

/* no comment */

I have master products installed, and the problem seemed to be that this means that a lot of the changes in the install.txt for this contrib had to be duplicated, once for normal products and again for master products.

I have master products installed, and the problem seemed to be that this means that a lot of the changes in the install.txt for this contrib had to be duplicated, once for normal products and again for master products.

ok, I don't know 'master product' contrib.

For certain, the installation instruction of each contribs is referred to the standard code (original osC without contrib added).

If you have installed any contrib, should do a manual merging... so is required a good acquaintance of the code

There are only 10 types of people in the world:

those who understand binary and those who don't.

/* no comment */

• 2 years later...

To all of you who are still looking for a functioning contribution on minimum quantity (per item basis), I just want to let you know that Minimum Product Quantity with Admin v1.5 works very well.

The modification is pretty easy and the instruction is good too. Just be very careful when you have to replace the codes. Don't cut and paste blindly, UNLESS you have no contributions installed. If you already have contribution installed, check word for word before you replace. The likelihood is that you'll have to manually change it.

For instance, I have Simple Price Break contribution installed (works like magic too). When changing product_info.php and admin/categories.php, make sure you don't replace wholesale as instructed. If you do that, your Simple Price Break will go bananas. Instead only add the field p.minorder where applicable.

Thank you very much to the writers of the contribution!