• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my site...

mmier

Well this will be the second round of review requests for my oscommerce site.

MindSlayer Sauces Oscommerce Store

I opened the online store back in January and had many people give some great feedback. I?ve gone ahead and altered many things and I?m looking for more feedback now.

Check it our, make suggestions, complaints, and heck order some products. (shameless plea for more orders lol)

Thanks in advance,

Mike

:thumbsup:

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

New Fields with Easy Populate

Remove Category Images

I opened the online store back in January and had many people give some great feedback. I?ve gone ahead and altered many things and I?m looking for more feedback now.

Check it our, make suggestions, complaints, and heck order some products. (shameless plea for more orders lol)

Thanks in advance,

Mike

You probably want to make some change to the email sender. When I created an account, I got the email

like the following......

Mike Mierzwa <root@localhost> to me

I opened the online store back in January and had many people give some great feedback. I've gone ahead and altered many things and I'm looking for more feedback now.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I like the site. As far as geting aroung your left column has a bit of a mixed bag. You have catagories of produdcts and information and they flow right together which I found a bit confusing. Might want to put a heading like information to separate the products from the info.

I also could not find a privacy statement which is essential or perhaps your customers don't care what you do with their personal information.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Quite a clean looking site but have a couple of suggestions...

I'd save 40K in page weight by changing the categories buttons on the left into actual text rather than images of text. It'll really increase the initial loading time if you do this. It'll also make them all look the same... some of them are in a different font at the moment.

Like the 'not too hot' paragraph on the front page, but I wonder if you're always going to put a certain amount of people off with a name like MindSlayer and a skull in your logo! :)

Some of your pop-up images are no bigger than the thumbnails, which is a bit pointless.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I like the general look of your site, but the first thing I see on your homepage is a notice that you've messed up with your old labels, that you'll have some new ones soon, but in the meantime you're trying to flog off your old ones at a discounted price. This would not inspire me with confidence if I was aiming to buy any of your products. I'd suggest that this is a case of being 'too honest for your own good'.

Vger

I like the site - it's nice and clean. And, it's improved from the previous time that you posted it.

I created an account, but couldn't find a My Account link or a log-off button. The create account fields are European style (I guess), with the word Suburb (rather than Address 2), Post Code rather than ZIP code, and the Post Code listing before the City. If you are primarily selling in the US, then maybe you should change the descriptions and the order that they appear.

I didn't notice an SSL cert, but since you don't take money on the site, maybe it's okay. And, I'm not familiar with 2checkout.com - a description of what they do and how they interface would be nice (2checkout.com provides a secure method of processing your credit card transactions...).

There are some missing images in the Merchandise section - the banner and searchbox_bottom.gif on each merchandise info page.

Maybe you could expand the testimonials (just by having a contact us link on the page), and drop the forum link. You have a lot of stuff going on, like the custom labels, the theme labels (where most of the categories are empty), the merchandise, the eBay link, etc. Getting rid of one or two of these, especially an empty forum, would reduce some of the choices.

I agree with the other poster about the label issue being discussed on the home page. And, you have a typo there as well "those will be update in the near future..." - it should be "updated"

Tony

Nice...

With the exception of what happens in the create account and product info pages it is non-stock and that's a good thing.

Just a thought, lots of imagination used all round but a little more on the create account and product info will make it even better

Not seen any sites with perforated edges around the width/height layout... how did you do that?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived