• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL and some more stuff

stab

I've set up a "test" webshop to learn this stuff .

I'm going to sell my fine art prints when everything is set up (I'm in no hurry)

At the moment I don't have SSL icluded in my advanced "account" with my web hosting company.

1.For about ?5/month I get SSL and alot more webspace ( 3GB which I dont need at the moment B) )

2. for ?14/month more than I pay now I get the whole deal...(but my webspace stays the same (1,5GB)

osCommerce Webbshop (which I've set up already in the thest I'm doing)

SSL,

antifraud "protection",

already set up for card payment with PBS thrue their payment solution,

PHP/MySQL/PgSQL

Business support (24/7)

and alot more.

I think I need atleast SSL..(Or am I wrong here and I'm fine with what I got???)

What would you people go for???

You need SSL because you are collecting sensitive personal information (name, address, phone, credit card information).

The other stuff just depends on how much help you think you might need from them. If you're not comfortable dealing with problems when they arise, then the more expensive account means they'll be more ready to help you.

Don't know what the anti-fraud protection is, though.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

You need SSL because you are collecting sensitive personal information (name, address, phone, credit card information).

The other stuff just depends on how much help you think you might need from them. If you're not comfortable dealing with problems when they arise, then the more expensive account means they'll be more ready to help you.

Don't know what the anti-fraud protection is, though.

Yea SSL was a given (but it's still nice to get it confirmed that I understood things right)

The antifraud stuff (as I undestood it ) is-

Every transaktion is given a value between 0 and 10 that will tell you how big of a chance the transaction is a fraud. The lower tha value the less chance of a fraud.The higher the value the bigger chance of a fraud.

Don't ask me about all the parameters this module will collect :-"

Well it seems like I only need to upgrade to a hosting service that includes SSL then... :) ?5/month more...

Do I really need SSL if I'm not going to handle creditcard info???.

I'm thinking of using paypal only to begin with.

Yes SSL is important - you'll find most people won't enter any personal details (name, address etc) unless secured by SSL. People are always reminded in online safety news articles etc to look for "the padlock at the bottom of the screen" before entering personal stuff.

Tom