• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN sending multiple email notifications per order

HDLLC

Hi-

I'm new to osCommerce - but have a store running and has been taking orders utilizing the PayPal IPN...

It's been working for the better part of 8 months without a hitch.

This past week - on the 10th to be exact - I started getting multiple email messages from the debugger. These go on for days. I got another one this morning for an order taken on the 10th - which is probably number 20 since the original order was taken.

To boot - the notification for orders quit working at the same time... Related? Not sure.

Any ideas? Is there a recent update to the module that might fix this?

Thanks in advance!

--Jeff

Hi-

I'm new to osCommerce - but have a store running and has been taking orders utilizing the PayPal IPN...

It's been working for the better part of 8 months without a hitch.

This past week - on the 10th to be exact - I started getting multiple email messages from the debugger. These go on for days. I got another one this morning for an order taken on the 10th - which is probably number 20 since the original order was taken.

To boot - the notification for orders quit working at the same time... Related? Not sure.

Any ideas? Is there a recent update to the module that might fix this?

Thanks in advance!

--Jeff

If every thing was going fine and then something started happening you need to check:

1)Any server environment level changes that might have been done by your service provider.

2)Any changes in profile at Paypal level By you.

3)Some body just changed some code.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

If every thing was going fine and then something started happening you need to check:

1)Any server environment level changes that might have been done by your service provider.

2)Any changes in profile at Paypal level By you.

3)Some body just changed some code.

Satish

Thanks for the info!

Well... Number 2 and 3 are out. Hasn't been touched.

So - I'll check with my ISP as to any changes there.

One thing - I am not the only one reporting this - which leads me to believe that it might be a PayPal change?

Anyone thoughts?

Thanks for the info!

Well... Number 2 and 3 are out. Hasn't been touched.

So - I'll check with my ISP as to any changes there.

One thing - I am not the only one reporting this - which leads me to believe that it might be a PayPal change?

Anyone thoughts?

Okay... I've done some further testing and I get the order notifications if I choose check/MO instead of PayPal.

All works there. Not getting the order notifications if I pay via PayPal... And - still getting those IPN messages almost a week later.

I'm thinking that this might be a PayPal change setting things off?

Anyone else experiencing this? I noticed some chatter about this same thing on the CRE forums...

Thanks in advance!

--HDLLC

• 4 weeks later...
Okay... I've done some further testing and I get the order notifications if I choose check/MO instead of PayPal.

All works there. Not getting the order notifications if I pay via PayPal... And - still getting those IPN messages almost a week later.

I'm thinking that this might be a PayPal change setting things off?

Anyone else experiencing this? I noticed some chatter about this same thing on the CRE forums...

Thanks in advance!

--HDLLC

paypal thru IPN sends a back end detail to ipn.php.

Now if there are problems then you need to capture what all collected from paypal after the connection is made.

probably if the order value is different from the paypal value this might happen.

Did you do any changes to order total thru admin or some changes at paypal profile.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 2 weeks later...