• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add Weight To Product Attributes mod

tim_ver

I installed this mod Add Weight To Product Attributes " " and it seems to be working when I goto the attributes but I am not sure on the last part of the install text file. It states this: "Can someone please clarify".

IMPORTANT: 2.2MS2 does not give you direct access through the admin pages to 2 important variables,

SHIPPING_BOX_WEIGHT (defaults to 3 as in 3lbs) and SHIPPING_BOX_PADDING (defaults to 10 as in 10%).

To edit these values, find the respective configuration_key fields in the configuration table and

edit the configuration_value. They will be added to your product's weight at weight calculation

time. For more information on their usage see the file /catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php,

method quote()

catalog/admin/includes/language/english/product_attributes.php

= added language strings

catalog/admin/product_attributes.php

= added weight fields for editing and adding attributes

catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

= calculate() adds attribute weight to total weight calculation

TO DO:

Is it necessary to mod tables customer_basket_attributes, orders_product_attributes?

As for shipping calculation these are not necessary.

Can someone please clarify and help me out with what this really means and what files if any I need to edit.

I'd be interested in an answer to this one too - so far, I have installed the mod, but haven't done anything about the last comment, as I didn't really understand what it was asking. At this stage, it seems to be working fine, but does anyone know what these modifacations mean?

The bit about not being able to access the two variables via admin is nonsense... they are the package tare weight and percentage increase figures, which are set in admin > configuration > shipping/packaging... and you can safely ignore the rest... ;)

Ok I see if I set the min ammount to 1 hen my ship weight shows up in check out as 1.1 and if I do 2 it is 1x2 (3lbs). Can I get it so it does not show this to the customer for the weight on the screen?

I also went to UPS.com and see they do not list some of the meathods listed in Oscommerce and the rates they quote are higher than mine. I do not want to loose money on shipping. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Cool thanks for asking about this one because I was curious about that too!

I have a question........what do you do if you trying to install this contrib on top of another one? The only file I have to worry about is the catalog/admin/products_attributes.php. I have asked this question in more detail here...........

MY TOPIC CLICK HERE

Nigelman :)

Edited by Tsuri Japan