• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Not Found

http://www.nutsforyou.net/index.php

This is a default install running PHP5 and mySQL 4.1. Everything seems to be fine save the fact that I click on an actual product and it displays "product not found".

Now I've searched for help on this problem which seems to be a recurring theme, but no one has gotten a straight answer as to how to fix it. If this indeed is an SES (search engine safe) URL problem, please point me in the right direction to fix this. If that's not the issue, then any other help would be nice too.

My previous installation worked just fine on PHP4; I had to do this installation manually (because the installer does not work with PHP5 either). I had to upgrade to PHP5 for other applications I'm running on the server. Everything seems to be fine except this one issue. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There are some php5 problems so if you have not done so already you should go to the download page and download and install the update file.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

php5 problems? Visit the download page of OSC or PHP? I visited both and neither of which provided any insight or indications to any problems... so what update file are you taking about?

I felt I was pretty clear when I stated above that this was a "default install" of OSC... meaning I downloaded what was available today. Everything is current as far as I can tell.

No offense (thank you sincerely for the help :) ), but these vague answers are exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I need to get this resolved ASAP or I will be forced to choose alternative software in order to solve my problem as quickly as possible. I don't want to make the switch if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

php5 problems? Visit the download page of OSC or PHP? I visited both and neither of which provided any insight or indications to any problems... so what update file are you taking about?

I felt I was pretty clear when I stated above that this was a "default install" of OSC... meaning I downloaded what was available today. Everything is current as far as I can tell.

No offense (thank you sincerely for the help :) ), but these vague answers are exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I need to get this resolved ASAP or I will be forced to choose alternative software in order to solve my problem as quickly as possible. I don't want to make the switch if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

Well re-reading your initial post it stills sounds like you already had osC installed and then updated your php and the problem showed up. The fact that it was a default install did not lead me to believe that you have just downloaded the latest version. In fact thinking that the problems showed up after upgrading your php would lead me to believe that you were not using the latest version.

Do you have search engine safe urls set to false? If not it should be.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Do you have search engine safe urls set to false? If not it should be.

Thanks for continuing to be patient with me.

Looking at each configure.php file (one in the includes and one in the admin includes), I don't see any setting to enable or disable SES URLs. The only true/false settings I have are ENABLE_SSL (which is true) and USE_PCONNECT (which is false). Or is this a setting in my php.ini file (if so... which setting is it)? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks again.

COme to think of it... click on the URL above and actually check the site out. Those don't look like SES URLs to me... although I could be wrong.

After spending 30+ hours trying to fix this... I found it cannot be fixed. Why? OSC will not function on a PHP5/windows server. This would explain why this question is a recurring theme (and always left unanswered... along with questions to the following symptoms which also always remain unanswered). It would be nice if there was a warning somewhere that stated before attempting to upgrade to PHP5 on a windows box that it wont work.

Here are some of the symptoms:

- The installation will not get through step 2

And assuming you took the time to do an installation manually...

- Admin panel menu works... but cannot edit any values

- Category links will go nowhere

- "Product Not Found!" will display when clicking on a link to an actual product.

- Product review link and Informations links WILL work

- All searches result with the following error "At least one of the fields in the search form must be entered."

- Manufacturer drop-down menu does NOT work

This has nothing to do with SEO URLs even when set to false (which is the default install). This has to do with the fact that the guys who wrote the OSC software update didn't think to write the update for Windows servers. Be warned... OSC WILL NOT WORK ON A WINDOWS/PHP5 ENVIRONMENT! It is for NIX boxes only!

I'm switching software. Don't have time to screw around with this any further. Hope this helps someone or at least gets through to the developers.

<snip>

OSC WILL NOT WORK ON A WINDOWS/PHP5 ENVIRONMENT![/b] It is for NIX boxes only!

I'm switching software. Don't have time to screw around with this any further. Hope this helps someone or at least gets through to the developers.

Strange, it's working fine here: Apache 2.2.0 (Win32) / PHP 5.1.1 / MySQL 5.0.18 / WinXP SP2 (XAMPP package installed for testing.) Your symptoms indicate incorrect settings in your configure.php. This seems to happen more often in a Windows environment that in *NIX, but I've seen it both places.

If you want to continue working on this, I'll be happy to post my working config file.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Strange, it's working fine here: Apache 2.2.0 (Win32) / PHP 5.1.1 / MySQL 5.0.18 / WinXP SP2 (XAMPP package installed for testing.) Your symptoms indicate incorrect settings in your configure.php. This seems to happen more often in a Windows environment that in *NIX, but I've seen it both places.

If you want to continue working on this, I'll be happy to post my working config file.

Regards

Jim

Hmm, works for me and I don't even know what I am doing.

Let me add to what I mean by "windows"... IIS6 and windows 2003.

I don't believe its the config file causing any problems, but I'll take any help I can get.

Let me add to what I mean by "windows"... IIS6 and windows 2003.

I don't believe its the config file causing any problems, but I'll take any help I can get.

IIS may give you some different problems than Apache. I can't address those because I don't know enough about the software to comment. I'll be glad to help with what I do know.

First, have you got Register Globals on, or do you have the Register Globals patch applied?

For the configs, here is my Catalog file:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://192.168.0.3'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '192.168.0.3');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

and the Admin side:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://192.168.0.3'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://192.168.0.3');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

You'll need to change the IP to your actual IP or URL, and the Root paths to your actual path. The rest should work as is.

Regards

Jim

After spending 30+ hours trying to fix this... I found it cannot be fixed. Why? OSC will not function on a PHP5/windows server. This would explain why this question is a recurring theme (and always left unanswered... along with questions to the following symptoms which also always remain unanswered). It would be nice if there was a warning somewhere that stated before attempting to upgrade to PHP5 on a windows box that it wont work.

Here are some of the symptoms:

- The installation will not get through step 2

And assuming you took the time to do an installation manually...

- Admin panel menu works... but cannot edit any values

- Category links will go nowhere

- "Product Not Found!" will display when clicking on a link to an actual product.

- Product review link and Informations links WILL work

- All searches result with the following error "At least one of the fields in the search form must be entered."

- Manufacturer drop-down menu does NOT work

This has nothing to do with SEO URLs even when set to false (which is the default install). This has to do with the fact that the guys who wrote the OSC software update didn't think to write the update for Windows servers. Be warned... OSC WILL NOT WORK ON A WINDOWS/PHP5 ENVIRONMENT! It is for NIX boxes only!

love this american style intelligence gathering and analysis.

Treasurer MFC

love this american style intelligence gathering and analysis.

Ironic how it's correct. Ironic how these same questions keep coming up over and over again and no one has an answer. Ironic....

Thanks Jim, but my config files are identical to what you have posted above (save my own info in place of yours).

Yes, register_globals is on (when its off you can't even see OSC, just a blank page with an error that says to turn register_globals on). I'm running a number of instances of IPB on the same server, so I don't think the trouble is with my PHP or mySQL installations.

Ironic how it's correct. Ironic how these same questions keep coming up over and over again and no one has an answer. Ironic....

Thanks Jim, but my config files are identical to what you have posted above (save my own info in place of yours).

Yes, register_globals is on (when its off you can't even see OSC, just a blank page with an error that says to turn register_globals on). I'm running a number of instances of IPB on the same server, so I don't think the trouble is with my PHP or mySQL installations.

you did not post a question, you posted a faulty analysis based on thin air assumptions and ironically they are both wrong. So switch software and have a nice day.

Treasurer MFC

you did not post a question

Did you read the thread? Look at post #1. Get off your ego trip. Either help or quit flaming.

you posted a faulty analysis based on thin air assumptions

I posted an in depth analysis after days of working on the problem and being a PHP/ASP programmer and knowing SQL extensively. The analysis is correct and legitimate, particularly after having a number of working installations on NIX boxes and having faulty installation on EVERY windows/IIS box. You'll find this is also true of EVERY windows/IIS member here who's asked for help on the same situations. My analysis is well researched and quite thorough. I'm hoping that by going through this crap I'll find a resolution for those of us getting these problems. Again, either help or quit flaming.

So switch software and have a nice day.

If I can avoid it, I will. I'm not in the mood for spending what will take 7+ days to setup a new solution. Any help I can get to fix this problem is most welcome.

Jim--

as an FYI, I did an install on Windows XP/Apache and it worked fine for me too. However, I also did a Windows XP/IIS installation which posed the same results as I've posted above. I think the culprit here is IIS, PHP5 and OSC, not just PHP5 and OSC; drawing this conclusion from the fact that OSC works fine on IIS6 and PHP4. Having looked over much of the OSC code, I'm unsure as to what parts of the application would be affecting this. Of course I'm open to any ideas or suggestions you might have. Thanks again. :D

Jim--

as an FYI, I did an install on Windows XP/Apache and it worked fine for me too. However, I also did a Windows XP/IIS installation which posed the same results as I've posted above. I think the culprit here is IIS, PHP5 and OSC, not just PHP5 and OSC; drawing this conclusion from the fact that OSC works fine on IIS6 and PHP4. Having looked over much of the OSC code, I'm unsure as to what parts of the application would be affecting this. Of course I'm open to any ideas or suggestions you might have. Thanks again. :D

I don't have an IIS installation to test this on, so I'm working blind here, but I'll do my best to help. It appears that either your links are pointing to the wrong place or that some of the parameters are being passed incorrectly or not at all. If you have a working installation elsewhere you could try comparing the URL strings for successful and unsuccessful attempts to display a product (for example). This would tell you if the link is going to the right target and if the GET parameters are correct. For pages that use POST parameters, session variables, etc. you will need to put in a print_r to display the variables.

I can help with a working installation if you don't have one to compare. I can either give you the URL for a stock osCommerce test installation, or I can post variables here. Just let me know what part of the site you are working on and what you are seeing. I would suggest concentrating on just one thing that is not working, since I believe that the problems you give have a common source. I could be wrong, but one thing at a time.

Regards

Jim

It appears that either your links are pointing to the wrong place or that some of the parameters are being passed incorrectly or not at all.

I hope that's the problem as it should be relatively easy to identify and correct.

The link I posted above is the actual installation:

Click on a category or an individual product. The URL looks correct to me, but still no product [or category] displays....

I hope that's the problem as it should be relatively easy to identify and correct.

The link I posted above is the actual installation:

Click on a category or an individual product. The URL looks correct to me, but still no product [or category] displays....

The URL is indeed correct, and yet the variable is not being set. Try an experiment: In includes/application_top, fine this code at line 445:

// calculate category path
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'])) {
$cPath = $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'];
 } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) && !isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
$cPath = tep_get_product_path($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
 } else {
$cPath = '';
 }

and add this after it:

print 'cPath= ' . $cPath;

Now click on any category and see if the value is displayed. It should match the value in the URL. If it is blank (which I suspect it will be) try changing

$HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath']

in the above code to

$_GET['cPath']

Regards

Jim

made the changes so it now looks like this:

$cPath = $_GET['cPath'];
 } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) && !isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
 } else {
$cPath = '';
 }

still blank....

made the changes so it now looks like this:

$cPath = $_GET['cPath'];
 } else {
$cPath = '';
 }

still blank....

You need to change the $HTTP_GET_VARS in the if test as well.

I suspect that there may be some setting in PHP that's having this effect. I'm looking into it.

Regards

Jim

well... whatever that did, now the categories are working. Still no products yet. YAY... progress! Although it looks kinda ugly at the top, I'm sure we can fix that later (take out the print). :D

well... whatever that did, now the categories are working. Still no products yet. YAY... progress! Although it looks kinda ugly at the top, I'm sure we can fix that later. :D

I think that we may have just figured out the problem. Look in your php.ini file for register_long_arrays. That should be set to on. If it is set to off, change it and restart your server.

You can also revert those changes to application_top.php to the original version. Presuming, of course, that this worked. If not, it's still possible to fix the problem, but it's gonna be truly ugly.

Regards

Jim

Just a fortuitous bit of "what if...." There had to be something that was blocking all of those GET and POST variables.

If you know of other people having the same problem, please pass this one along.

Regards

Jim

Archived