• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Certain shipping modules/options not showing up at checkout - Please help!

On OSCommerse Version 2.2 MS2

I have had various mods done over the years, and at this point am wanting to switch to a PER ITEM shipping charge. I install & enable the PER ITEM module, but it doesn't show up at all as an opiton duirng checkout. It is not a per item module problem because no other modules besides Fedex & Flat Rate show up, even after I install and enable them. USPS, UPS, Table, etc., will not show up at chekcout. At one point, Fedex & Flat Rate were the only options I wanted, and had someone do some coding to make those work together to allow either Fedex shipping or Free shipping. I don't know where the coding was changed, nor do I remember who did it.

I have now replaced with the original (pre-mod) files all of the following without any change in this problem:

All of the files under catalog/includes/modules/shipping

All of the files under catalog/includes/languages/english/includes/modules/shipping

Catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Catalog/shipping.php

Where else might this problem be happening? I have looked through endless files to try to find it, but no luck. I would guess there is a file somewhere with a piece of code that is only allowing display of the Fedex & Flat Rate shipping options, even if others shipping options are enabled in Admin.

Where do you all think this might be??? Please help!!

you have to check your sql configuration table. Everytime you install/uninstall a module it is updated. If one of the modules does not update the table properly it can cause such problems. You could check the entries with phpmyadmin there to make sure that shows only the ones that are installed.

you have to check your sql configuration table. Everytime you install/uninstall a module it is updated. If one of the modules does not update the table properly it can cause such problems. You could check the entries with phpmyadmin there to make sure that shows only the ones that are installed.

Hmm, maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I am in phpmyadmin for that database. I see the tables "configuration" and "configuration_group" I select those tables separately, and browse them. They contain the same settings that I set up in my admin configuration panel. I don't see any reference to shipping modules at all in either table. I also don't see any other table in the database for shipping modules/options. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hmm, maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I am in phpmyadmin for that database. I see the tables "configuration" and "configuration_group" I select those tables separately, and browse them. They contain the same settings that I set up in my admin configuration panel. I don't see any reference to shipping modules at all in either table. I also don't see any other table in the database for shipping modules/options. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

OK, my bad, I didn't page forward in the "configuration" table. I found the shipping modules in there. There ARE some settings in there that are NOT what I currently have enabled from the Admin Panel. In phpmyadmin should I just delete those references to shipping methods that are not being used?

For example, do I just delete these from the configuration table since I am not using Table2 module?

762 Tax Class MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TAX_CLASS 0 Use the following tax class on the shipping fee. 6 0 NULL 2006-04-13 01:16:51 tep_get_tax_class_title tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(

763 Shipping Zone MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_ZONE 0 If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping m... 6 0 NULL 2006-04-13 01:16:51 tep_get_zone_class_title tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(

764 Sort Order MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_SORT_ORDER 3 Sort order of display. 6 0 NULL 2006-04-13 01:16:51 NULL NULL

OK, my bad, I didn't page forward in the "configuration" table. I found the shipping modules in there. There ARE some settings in there that are NOT what I currently have enabled from the Admin Panel. In phpmyadmin should I just delete those references to shipping methods that are not being used?

For example, do I just delete these from the configuration table since I am not using Table2 module?

762 Tax Class MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_TAX_CLASS 0 Use the following tax class on the shipping fee. 6 0 NULL 2006-04-13 01:16:51 tep_get_tax_class_title tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(

763 Shipping Zone MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_ZONE 0 If a zone is selected, only enable this shipping m... 6 0 NULL 2006-04-13 01:16:51 tep_get_zone_class_title tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(

764 Sort Order MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE2_SORT_ORDER 3 Sort order of display. 6 0 NULL 2006-04-13 01:16:51 NULL NULL

Ok, I went ahead and deleted all those references to shipping in the configuration table, and uninstalled all the shipping modules from the admin panel. Went back in to phpmyadmin and see no references to shipping mods at all in the config table. Then I reinstalled Flat & Item modules from Admin Panel and set those up. Those shipping mods now both appear in the config table. However, upon checkout it is still only displaying the Flat Rate Option for the customer. Even if I have the item rate set cheaper than the flat rate, the customer still only gets the Flat Rate Option.

Any other ideas?

If we can't figure out the root of the problem, how would I modify the Flat rate module to instead be a Per Item module? In other words, it would use the same filenames as Flat, but the code itself would calculate a Per Item shipping charge (like $5 base + $4 per item).

Sounds kind of silly to do that, but under the circumstances, I do get the Flat rate displayed on checkout, but nothing else, no matter what I have enabled.

Can anyone help me rewrite the flat rate code to actually be a per item code but with all the same filenames as the flat rate option. Pleeeeaaaasssseeee!

More information: If I simply delete the fedex1.php & flat.php files in both modules/shipping, and languages/english/modules/shipping, I get an error message when the checkout_shipping.php page comes up about that "class" not being found. There is no reference to these modules in the phpmyadmin configuration table once I have uninstalled them. That tells me (and I may be wrong) that somewhere there is a piece of code that is calling on these modules specifically. It is not checkout_shipping.php & it is not shipping.php, because I've replaced those with the original out of the box files and I see no reference to them in there.

Where oh where are these modules being called upon and causing that error. My guess is that if I can find that piece of code, I can solve this problem about the other modules not showing up at checkout.

Anyone?