• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FCKosc 2.2

I have just tried to install FCKosc 2.2 on a new OsCommerce installation. I have have only experienced problems so far. Has anybody managed to get it up and running?

What I reall want to do is edit the main page easily - preferable without donloading, editing and the uploading it again. Will FCKosc 2.2 do this and is there and cheap alternative?

Thanks,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
I have just tried to install FCKosc 2.2 on a new OsCommerce installation. I have have only experienced problems so far. Has anybody managed to get it up and running?

What I reall want to do is edit the main page easily - preferable without donloading, editing and the uploading it again. Will FCKosc 2.2 do this and is there and cheap alternative?

Thanks,

Ian

I have FCK 2.2 installed and running with MS2.2. I ended up using this because the one included with DEFINE_MAINPAGE contribution didn't work for me. (I was probably doing something wrong).

In retrospect I would probably install it differently next time (maybe in the admin folder, if it matters), anyway my configuration is as follows:

I have FCKEditor in a folder off my root folder (i.e. httpdocs\fckeditor)

In the FCKEditor folder there are two files to be edited/checked; FCKEDITOR.JS and FCKEDITOR.PHP - make sure the pathnames are correct. 'localhost' is allowable and works for me.

Then there is HTML_OUTPUT.PHP in the admin\includes\functions folder - the path here cannot include 'localhost' , instead use your localhost name, i.e. www.website.com

-------------------

Honestly - at the end of the day I ended up installing FCK 2.2 and I followed the DEFINE_MAINPAGE instructions carefully.

Not an easy plug-in....... but what a beauty when you've got her running.

Only problem I have right now is with the image uploads.

Good luck !! - persevere - you won't be disappointed.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.