• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Products problem

jlong07

I tried to use the featured products contribution and I ran into a couple of problems. The first I was able to find a topic discussing the fix for it, however once I applied the fix I got another error that said something to the effect of invalid table in statement p.product_id in the on clause. I am new to php and so I started poking around on the net for a solution. I found an article on this forum that talked about this problem being related to older versions of oscommerce running on mysql 5. I have the latest release of oscommerce, but my server is using mysql 5. I am thinking that the offending query in the featured.php file is written using the same syntax that causes problems with mysql 5, but being that I am very new to php I can't figure out how to change it. If anyone could help me out here that would be great.

I tried to use the featured products contribution and I ran into a couple of problems. The first I was able to find a topic discussing the fix for it, however once I applied the fix I got another error that said something to the effect of invalid table in statement p.product_id in the on clause. I am new to php and so I started poking around on the net for a solution. I found an article on this forum that talked about this problem being related to older versions of oscommerce running on mysql 5. I have the latest release of oscommerce, but my server is using mysql 5. I am thinking that the offending query in the featured.php file is written using the same syntax that causes problems with mysql 5, but being that I am very new to php I can't figure out how to change it. If anyone could help me out here that would be great.

I am having the exact same problem it has to do with mysql 5.0

MySQL 5.0 introduces Server SQL modes as part of its SQL 2003 standards support, and uses a more stricter approach to executing SQL queries. This is performed by default with setting STRICT_TRANS_TABLES as a Server SQL mode.

Due to this new setting, MySQL fails on certain SQL queries and produces error messages on the screen.

The error is in catalog/includes/modules/featured.php somewhere in this string:

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, products_retail_price, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id in (" . $featured_products_category_id_list . ") and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);

If anyone can help rewrite this I am sure we would all appreciate it. If you need a guide there are similar strings that had to be rewritten, check here.

http://www.oscommerce.com/ext/update-20051...l#_Toc119473689

I found the answer here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=199498&hl=

replace the $featured_products_query in catalog/includes/modules/featured.php to make it work with mysql 5

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c using(products_id) left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c using(categories_id) left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where c.parent_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);