• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sign in to follow this  
linybob

Orders status never gets set to completed

I have CRELoaded 6.2 and from what I can tell it is running devosc's Paypal IPN module. Most of the CVS tags say 2.8 so I guess that is the version I have.

I have been testing with Paypal's sandbox and everything looks OK for now. The problem that I am trying to resolve it that after an IPN comes back, the orders_status in table orders stays at 2 - which is "Processing".

Shouldn't that status be changed to something else after a successful IPN comes back? In table paypal, payment_status is "Completed". I also think that a row should be inserted into orders_status_history at the same time.

As it is, if a user logs into his account, the order is listed as being in Processing, while Paypal says it is Complete. This is confusing to say the least. Surely someone has raised this issue before?

I would also guess that there should be code to handle bad IPNs coming back too and to properly update the orders table depending on what is bad about the IPN.

I have CRELoaded 6.2 and from what I can tell it is running devosc's Paypal IPN module. Most of the CVS tags say 2.8 so I guess that is the version I have.

Followup: I have verified that I have V3.15 installed

I have been testing with Paypal's sandbox and everything looks OK for now. The problem that I am trying to resolve it that after an IPN comes back, the orders_status in table orders stays at 2 - which is "Processing".

Shouldn't that status be changed to something else after a successful IPN comes back? In table paypal, payment_status is "Completed". I also think that a row should be inserted into orders_status_history at the same time.

As it is, if a user logs into his account, the order is listed as being in Processing, while Paypal says it is Complete. This is confusing to say the least. Surely someone has raised this issue before?

I would also guess that there should be code to handle bad IPNs coming back too and to properly update the orders table depending on what is bad about the IPN.

Hi Bob,

Per forum rules, only the base oscommerce and contributions are supported here.

Loaded versions of oscommerce are not supported here on the forum. You'll need to post your question on the creloaded forum.

Good Luck,

Tom

Hi Bob,

Per forum rules, only the base oscommerce and contributions are supported here.

Loaded versions of oscommerce are not supported here on the forum. You'll need to post your question on the creloaded forum.

Good Luck,

Tom

My question is related to an OS Commerce contribution per forum rules. As there is an active devosc - IPN community here, I assumed my question was posted in the right place.