• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Task Manager (Admin)

This is the support forum for the Task Manager (Admin) Contribution released by myself at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4145

Some Notes:

Despite my best efforts to contain the majority of the Code into the Contribution files, you may need to install an Admin Contribution prior to the installation of the Task Manager.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I understand that this is an admin contribution that manages projects and tasks. Could you give us some more concrete idea as to what this actually does?

Does it batch print your invoices, and email your customers, update order statuses ? Does it keep refreshing your orders and customer communications? Is it just a framework around which you need to build a suite of programs yourself?

Many Thanks

So I understand that this is an admin contribution that manages projects and tasks. Could you give us some more concrete idea as to what this actually does?

Does it batch print your invoices, and email your customers, update order statuses ? Does it keep refreshing your orders and customer communications? Is it just a framework around which you need to build a suite of programs yourself?

Many Thanks

Yes, do you mind posting what this contrib does and does not ?

Any screenshots available ?

Thanks

Outside links in signatures are not allowed!

This is just a simple project/task management contribution.

Nothing at all special. I'll post some screen shots within a day to or two.

All it does is Assign Specific Tasks to certain Administrators, to let them know what needs to be done.

They can modify the progress status of thier tasks, and keep them up-to-date.

I worte this contribution out of necessessity, the store I'm building has several departments, so I wrote this to ensure that each and every person within the different departments knows what needs to get accompished.

It's very Basic and doesn't have a ton of features.

I absolutely think this contribution will be better than the invention of sliced bread...I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for the recurring task feature that I saw in the screenshorts. :D

I have this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1

select * from admin_tasks where admin_id='1' and admin_task_status <> 1 order by admin_task_priority limit -10, 10

Also, in the install.txt, it says at the bottom to put in the column_left the 'localization.php' box, is this correct?

Thanks...I can't wait to get this to work.

Edited by airolg

I absolutely think this contribution will be better than the invention of sliced bread...I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for the recurring task feature that I saw in the screenshorts. :D

I have this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 1

select * from admin_tasks where admin_id='1' and admin_task_status <> 1 order by admin_task_priority limit -10, 10

Also, in the install.txt, it says at the bottom to put in the column_left the 'localization.php' box, is this correct?

Thanks...I can't wait to get this to work.

Did you add line to admin/includes/database_tables.php

Yes. I doubled checked before posting.

The directions say:

admin/includes/column_left.php

Anywhere you want to box to appear, add the following code:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'localization.php');

But I changed localization.php to task_manager.php should that be something else?

great contribution!

A few corrections to the install directions...

Add the following to databse_tables.php:

define('TABLE_ADMIN_TASKS', 'admin_tasks');

define('TABLE_ADMIN_PROJECTS', 'admin_projects');

define('TABLE_ADMIN_TASKS_PRIORITIES', 'admin_tasks_priorities');

define('TABLE_ADMIN_TASKS_STATUSES', 'admin_tasks_statuses');

Also, graphics for buttons and language file have been left out of the zip file.

I'm also getting:

1146 - Table 'catalog.TABLE_ADMIN_PROJECTS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_ADMIN_PROJECTS order by admin_projects_id

I looked and the tables are there.

Okay, the fix for this is in this thread with corrections to the install directions. Now I just have that SQL syntax error to fix.

I have this error:

Okay, I did a search of the forum and one suggestion was to manually add a task.

So, if you get this error, populate your task database using phpMyAdmin with a test task and it should work.

Sorry to have hijacked this support thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and support for this thread, and I appreciate everyone's support for this Contrib, as well as the Kudos for the Contribution!

I'll fix the install directions, and add the buttons to the install package.

Thought I had everything in it.

I've got a little work done on the recurring-tasks (At the moment I just have it so if a Task is set as Recurring, a user can't change the Status, however using the admin_tasks_all.php, a super admin can change the recurring task -If that works for anyone let me know and I'll post a whole new package [As well as I'll populate the admin_tasks database with a sample task to ensure that everythign is working correctly).

I'm still making some tweaks and enhancements to the contrib, so keep the feedback coming guys!

Edited by demonangel

Hey Guys, I posted a new Package that has some updates, (Like the Recurring Tasks I mentioned Before) as well as a bug fix to valeeum's bug find, as well as:

Updated (and Repaired) install instructions.

Updated Files, includes Bug Fix recommended by Valeeum, buttons, and some tweaks.

Also Added Recurring task Statuses to the SQL File.

It is listed on the Contribution page as Task Manager (Admin) V 1.10

Again,

Thank you Guys!

-D.A.

I'm getting this now:

1146 - Table 'catalog.TABLE_INSTRUCTORS' doesn't exist

DELETE from TABLE_INSTRUCTORS where admin_id=''

Yeah that was for my custom install.

If you go into admin_tasks.php around line 95: if ($admin_projects_name!=TEXT_INSTRUCTOR_ENTRY){

You can either comment this out, or remove it entirely.

Sorry about that.

Yeah that was for my custom install.

If you go into admin_tasks.php around line 95: if ($admin_projects_name!=TEXT_INSTRUCTOR_ENTRY){

You can either comment this out, or remove it entirely.

Sorry about that.

Disregard my Previous post:

The Line you are looking for is line 110, not Line 95, I will alaso be sure to fix that SQL file Thanks!

Disregard my Previous post:

The Line you are looking for is line 110, not Line 95, I will alaso be sure to fix that SQL file Thanks!

Okay, I'll do that...for now, I'm just hitting the back button. :D

Are you accepting feature requests???? If so, column sorting would be wonderful!

Edited note: Line 110 is already commented out.

Edited by airolg

airolg:

I like that Idea about the column sorting - I'll work on tossing that in, It is defiently on the task list.

As for the Delete From TABLE_INSTRUCTORS issue. what did you do to get that?

I can't seem to get it to replicate that error....