• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TinyMCE

Bozmium

Greetings Forum,

There seems to be a few scattered mentions of good old tinyMCE about the forums but i cant see a forum dedicated to it, so i have started this thread.

Some like TinyMCE, some prefer FCK Editor - tell us the pros and cons and why!

Ill kick this thread off with some info i posted in some other thread somewhere about the place - perhaps it will be of interest, and found by more people, in a specifically TinyMCE thread.

I have found an interesting fork on this great little WYSIWYG editor called TinyFCK - some clever chap has integrated the FCK file browser functions with TinyMCE which only has a paid file browser and sorely cries out for this addition.

See it here: http://p4a.sourceforge.net/tinyfck

or if you go here there is an updated Zip posted with the latest TinyMCE:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=528776

There is also a plethora of groovy plugins for TinyMCE here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=73874...281&func=browse

The iBrowser plugin rocks and i highly recommend getting it added onto your TinyMCE. It even caches your product thumbs in admin via the GDLibrary, and you can set all sorts of limits and purge controls for controlling the number and size of thumb files in your cache folder!

Tiny MCE runs a treat in all my editing fields but i have one question for someone who may be more familiar/more intelligent than a splice hack like myself:

I wish to integrate tinymce into the image URL where i now have the MAXIDVD WYSIWYG html area. This currently works by popping up a file browser window from which you select an image and then it plops your URL into the text field - beautiful. Im sure most shops have this by now. Id like to be able to do the same thing with TinyMCE but am not sure how to achieve it. Alternatively if anyone knows how to replace the product description field with tinymce while retaining the HTML area image URL functionality - that would also be great - as it stands i havent yet figured out how to do this - its one or the other!

Anyone else with some great TinyMCE or FCK edit hacks or add ons/skins/mods or updates please feel free to comment!

Cheers! :D

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

• 4 months later...
Greetings Forum,

There seems to be a few scattered mentions of good old tinyMCE about the forums but i cant see a forum dedicated to it, so i have started this thread.

Some like TinyMCE, some prefer FCK Editor - tell us the pros and cons and why!

Ill kick this thread off with some info i posted in some other thread somewhere about the place - perhaps it will be of interest, and found by more people, in a specifically TinyMCE thread.

I have found an interesting fork on this great little WYSIWYG editor called TinyFCK - some clever chap has integrated the FCK file browser functions with TinyMCE which only has a paid file browser and sorely cries out for this addition.

See it here: http://p4a.sourceforge.net/tinyfck

or if you go here there is an updated Zip posted with the latest TinyMCE:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=528776

There is also a plethora of groovy plugins for TinyMCE here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=73874...amp;func=browse

The iBrowser plugin rocks and i highly recommend getting it added onto your TinyMCE. It even caches your product thumbs in admin via the GDLibrary, and you can set all sorts of limits and purge controls for controlling the number and size of thumb files in your cache folder!

Tiny MCE runs a treat in all my editing fields but i have one question for someone who may be more familiar/more intelligent than a splice hack like myself:

I wish to integrate tinymce into the image URL where i now have the MAXIDVD WYSIWYG html area. This currently works by popping up a file browser window from which you select an image and then it plops your URL into the text field - beautiful. Im sure most shops have this by now. Id like to be able to do the same thing with TinyMCE but am not sure how to achieve it. Alternatively if anyone knows how to replace the product description field with tinymce while retaining the HTML area image URL functionality - that would also be great - as it stands i havent yet figured out how to do this - its one or the other!

Anyone else with some great TinyMCE or FCK edit hacks or add ons/skins/mods or updates please feel free to comment!

Cheers! :D

Well, you've piqued my interest!

I was just rummaging around here, seeing if anybody who has installed the "WYSIWYG HTMLAREA" contribution has swapped-out HTMLArea for something else.... and I stumbled across this thread.

I'm about to install that contribution now, but then I plan on going back and putting in either TinyMCE of FCK Editor. Not sure which one to use, but I tell ya.... just based on the NAME (since I'm preparing to sell installations of my customized OSC), I'm leaning towards TinyMCE.

I'll definitely come back to this thread once I'm finished with the basic install in a few minutes.

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

I don't know... now that I've got the HTMLArea version installed and working... I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to switch editors?

What's to be gained? HTMLArea in "Advanced" mode is pretty darned good.

-= Dave =-

• 7 months later...
I don't know... now that I've got the HTMLArea version installed and working... I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to switch editors?

What's to be gained? HTMLArea in "Advanced" mode is pretty darned good.

-= Dave =-

I agree 100%. The only drawback is that it doesn't work with Firefox. If someone could find a way to make it work with FF it would be perfect! :thumbsup:

Patty